I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:18:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Radio Talk Show on Kidney Related Topics
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radio Talk Show on Kidney Related Topics  (Read 2578 times)
angieskidney
Elite Member

« on: August 13, 2006, 11:49:13 PM »

I was looking at a kidney radio talk show that Lori Hartwell and Stephen Furst hosts and noticed that one of IHD's members were interviewed there so I thought I would share it here:

Bill Peckham and Hemo Dialysis Travel

also ... I was going to post this in the same place I posted the Google vid in which he was in but since that is now in a locked thread, I figured I would make this new thread. Hope that is okay.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 01:33:00 AM »

I was looking at a kidney radio talk show that Lori Hartwell and Stephen Furst hosts and noticed that one of IHD's members were interviewed there so I thought I would share it here:

Bill Peckham and Hemo Dialysis Travel

also ... I was going to post this in the same place I posted the Google vid in which he was in but since that is now in a locked thread, I figured I would make this new thread. Hope that is okay.

Yes of course it's fine, but you do know this is OFF-TOPIC? I thought you knew better by now Angie.  ::) This is the section to get your mind OFF of dialysis.

You did see this didn't you:

Talk about anything here that's not about Dialysis. Keep it clean please. If you want to debate a off-topic subject, this is the place for you.

I let this thread slide in Off-topic http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=1034.0 But please I WANT NO talk what-so-ever in this section. This section is here to help get our minds off of dialysis if even for only a little while.

MODS PLEASE MOVE TO "General Discussion" and UNLOCK once it is moved. ALSO please move "Jealous of healthy people??" thread also to "General Discussion" but leave that thread LOCKED. - Epoman, Admin/Owner

EDITED:  Thread moved to proper section - Goofynina/Moderator
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 01:49:29 PM by goofynina » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 01:12:01 AM »

I got an email today from Lori Hartwell about donations for the upcoming Prom in California.

Thought you may be interested in reading it.

Our newest program is KidneyTalk, an online radio talk show blending humor, insight, and useful information on living life to its fullest. KidneyTalk allows people to feel connected and learn more about their illness without having to leave their home.

A very special program is the annual RSN Renal Teen Prom. Held in January during the long Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, the Prom is a free event for teenagers and young adults with CKD. Set in the style of a senior prom, this gala draws more than 350 “kidney teens,” their guests, and volunteers from throughout Southern California, with kidney teens now attending from across the United States. The teens are treated to a night of dancing and entertainment, dinner and hors d’oeuvres (renal-friendly), limousine rides, glamour photos, and special appearances by Hollywood celebrities who sign autographs and mingle with the guests. They also are given the chance to discover that one friend can make a difference!

At the close of this year, I am asking that you support us by making a tax-deductible donation to help us to continue all of our patient-focused programs. I hope you will consider this request and complete the form below. Remember… One friend can make a difference!

Click here to make a donation online to RSN, or download a donation form.  Please forward this e-mail to friends and family members. All contributors' names will be listed on our website. Please let us know if you want to remain anonymous. 

Give the gift of health, happiness & hope this holiday season!  Thank you in advance for your generous donation.   

Sincerely,
Lori Hartwell
RSN President & Founder

P.S. Go to RSNhope.org to listen to KidneyTalk and learn about all of RSN’s exciting programs!

Founded in 1993 by Lori Hartwell—a longtime kidney disease survivor—RSN endeavors to instill health, happiness, and hope into the lives of people who have chronic kidney disease (CKD). Thanks to the ongoing support of the community, the influence of this patient-run, patient-focused organization now extends across the United States! RSN identifies and meets the non-medical needs of those affected by CKD. We do this by providing service and support to help empower fellow patients to help patients and their families. An illness is too demanding when you don’t have hope!

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »