I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:28:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  how did u get kidney failure?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how did u get kidney failure?  (Read 8788 times)
jedimaster

Stainboy is....alive!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 06:43:54 PM »

It has been 8 years since that happened. I did not have the $$$ to go after this "Doctor"....
Razman

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 09:40:51 AM »

My neph believes everything that I said but to prove it in court is anther thing.  Without some hard evidence the original doctor could change the story and say anything.  Who do you think that the judge would believe ?
st789

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 03:09:54 PM »

IGA (immune system slowly attacks the kidney).  Felt healthy otherwise.  Damn@#$#$%*&*^^*(+))(**#%^&)_+)(*&&&^^())*&
MiSSis

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »

I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) in Sept 1977 at the age of 23 and had total kidney failure by March 1979.  My first transplant (from my twin brother) was in March 1980 and lasted until Nov 1983.  I lost that kidney to Lupus also.  I then did cycler PD for 4 years while I waited for a cadaver kidney which I received in December 1987.  My 2nd transplant was very successful and lasted until I had parathyroid surgery in Sept 2003 and I've been on cycler PD since then.  I'm still undecided about another transplant.  I have additional health problems now that I didn't have back when I received my 2nd transplant so I'm not even sure I'd be accepted to any list.  I'm thinking about investigating another transplant this fall with my husband as possible donor.  I figure they can only say NO and then I'll know for sure.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows."  Helen Keller
kperkins

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 04:03:10 PM »

My kidneys failed about 18 months ago.  No known reason they just quit.
keefer51

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 12:32:26 PM »

I was born with a solitery kidney that was located in my right pelvis. It wasn't found out till i was eleven. I was very careful what i did. I couldn't do anything a normal child could do. When i was in my late thirties and married i also found out i was born without any vas deferens. So my love of having a child looked bleak. I was talked into ["If you love me you would"] getting a testicle bi-opsy. Seems they found out they could operate and get out what they needed to mix with my wifes eggs. It was during this operation that my one and only kidney failed. No problem go onto dialysis for a year. My brother gives me one of his kidneys. Problem, wife can't stand the whole thing and says see ya later pal. So goes my medical insurance. Went four years without meds. Finally was able to get insurance from work. Lasted another eight years. Transplanted kidney rejected after 10 years. On dialysis again hemo 3 years.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
tweetykiss

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2007, 01:02:16 PM »

We just got off the phone with the GP and he got the biopsy report back stating that it seems to be high BP but the cretinines are going down since the BP was low when my husband was in the hospital....

Now problem....husband took his BP at a drug store yesterday and it was high so now I am scared.......last few weeks he has been in stage 4 renal disease and we are all trying to keep him from stage 5.

Husband started hemo dialysis on July 30, 2007
rimbo74

My older brother and me (I'm on the right)

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2007, 07:18:53 PM »

Alport's Syndrome, discovered in 1987 when I was 13.

1986 - Diagnosed with Alport's Syndrome
10/29/06 - Told Kidneys failed
02/07-07/07 - PD Dialysis
07/31/07 - Kidney Transplant (donor was my older brother)
tweetykiss

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 06:42:09 PM »

Ok an update, his BP is low but his creatinine is rising sharply and he is on blood thinners since they think it may be clots and the blood is not flowing right........this is getting very frustrating that no one knows what caused it.......

Husband started hemo dialysis on July 30, 2007
ktpuppers

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »

From what I understand, my kidney disease was triggered because a quack doctor who misdiagnosed rhumatic fever when I was 8 years old (he felt there was nothing wrong).  Strep infections, rhumatic fever and the like can serve as a trigger for Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis, better known as FSGS.  It was not discovered that I had FSGS until I was 10.

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 09:53:12 PM »

SLE (Lupus)

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »