I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:19:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Which units did you like and don't like?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which units did you like and don't like?  (Read 5141 times)
angieskidney
Elite Member

« on: July 27, 2006, 08:21:07 AM »

I was wondering which units you had good experiences all over the world and which were not so good.

I thought I would start this thread to talk about it ;)

Thx to everyone who contributes ;)

- Angie

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:32:39 AM »

Apart from my unit here in the British Virgin Islands, the only other unit I have experienced is a private centre in my home country, Barbados.  It is called Total Care and the neph is Dr. Chudi Ade.  It is a very small unit, but what it lacks in size it has in caring atmosphere.  I had three (3) sessions there and would recommend it to anyone.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 11:38:41 AM »

Santa Clarita Kidney Center, Santa Clarita, CA  -  A    formerly my home unit, great people and super doctors
St. Francis Medical Center, Honolulu, HI            - A
Windward Dialysis, Kailua, HI                           - C+  old unit where I went is no longer in operation, new Kaneohe unit is much nicer.
Bavarian Castles Dialysis, Fussen, Germany      - A++  also known as Dialysis Center Fussen, this is dialysis deluxe
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 04:07:06 PM »

I love that rating system format ;)

I would rate my unit:

Windsor, Ontario Canada Self Care Unit = A clean, caring, but hard to get ahold of the Nephrologist or to get any record changes fast.

There is only one other unit in my city and it is in teh Hotel Dieu Hospital. And I would rate it A+ because it gets faster service.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
anja

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 09:45:39 PM »

Livecam, I was in Fussen last year before beginning dialysis, wish I had stopped in one of Germany's dialysis units to see how they did things!  My father would like to make one more trip over to our homeland .  He is on hemo. and is 88  - his last visit to relatives was in 1992.  His nephew and namesake has cancer and he would love to visit him especially.  They fax each other every other day. 
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 04:50:32 AM »

If he would like to try the unit in Fussen contact the owner, Dr. Betz who will take care of him.  You can see the unit in my pictures that are posted on Global Dialysis.  They are from 6 years ago but will give you some idea of the place.
Mom3

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 09:55:15 AM »

Does anyone have experience with DSI, who have bought a lot of Freesnius (sp?) units? That is my son's unit now and I don't like some of what he says about not having money for hectarol and not giving it etc... The other alternative is DAVITA :-[, unless he goes back to the place where his fluid built up and built up to the point he almost died!!! >:(

Choices! Choices! If only there were more good ones!

Mom3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
nkviking75

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 05:28:12 AM »

Mercy-North Iowa Medical Center in Mason City, IA, my home unit, has been very good to me.  The staff is not only professional, but a lot of fun.  I can almost look forward to treatment... almost!

Avera-St. Lukes in Aberdeen, SD.  Dialyzed there while visiting relatives.  Excellent treatment.  They don't have our fun atmosphere.  That would be the only thing I'd miss if I had to move there.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »