I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:10:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  introduction - cev and husband Dicky
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: introduction - cev and husband Dicky  (Read 5255 times)
cev

« on: July 27, 2006, 06:50:48 AM »

Hi All,   Thank you for being interested in our story.   Dicky is retired and I work full time.  He is diabetic, has a rare blood disorder, on cumnidin (sp), and as the doctor says is is just "simply complex".   He started PD about 3 years ago, he choose this because he would ""die" before someone stuck needles in him 3 days a week.  PD did not work for him, Then he went to the in-center 3 days a week, it drug him down and sometimes he had trouble driving home. they put in a fistula which took forever to develop, he had a chest Cath which he liked, no needles, until he got a staph A infection in the Cath and was in the hospital a week and on antibiotics for a month thru a picline (he called the pump his girlfriend, she was with him 24/7).   before the infection we trained (with the chest Cath) on the Axsys(?) home machine - 3 days before we were to go home his doctor said no, this machine  just was not going to work for him,(electrical and plumbing had been done, supplies delivered) Dicky bugged him about a portable machine and finally after about a year in the in-center he told him about the NxStage.  Our training was about 4 weeks we had to pump up that fistula and establish a button hole.  We have been home with Nxstage since the end of March there have been ups and downs, overall he feels much better and can actually do most of the things he wants to do. BTW needles no longer bother him much.

Topic moved to this section - bajanne2000\Moderator
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:16:51 AM by bajanne2000 » Logged
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 06:58:47 AM »

Hi Cev and Dicky,  Thank you for sharing your story, i am sorry for what your hubby has gone through and i am sure you've gone through some rough times with him as well.  Hopefully finding us will help with some questions and comments you may have.  We look forward to hearing more from you, best wishes to you and Dicky...

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:56:33 AM »

Hi Cev and Dicky,  Thank you for sharing your story, i am sorry for what your hubby has gone through and i am sure you've gone through some rough times with him as well.  Hopefully finding us will help with some questions and comments you may have.  We look forward to hearing more from you, best wishes to you and Dicky...
How is the buttonhole technique working for you guys? I want to learn that but still have not gotten that far.

I wish there was NxStage in my city ..

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 10:15:53 AM »

Thank you for sharing this with us.  I moved this topic to this section because I hope you will continue to share your challenges, victories, experiences with us concerning the Nxstage.  Even though no such thing is available in my country (we don't even have PD), I have an interest especially since our Adminstrator, Epoman, has just begun this exciting journey.
Keep us posted, please!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:59:08 AM by bajanne2000 » Logged

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:19:21 AM »

but it's an introduction  ??? Does this mean that Dev should make a more general intro in the intro section?? When someone posts that I don't know .. I look for thier intro post in the intro section so I know who they are
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:20:52 AM by angieskidney » Logged

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 01:55:24 AM »

Great cev! I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. Nice to hear stories with good endings, thanks for sharing  ;)

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 03:10:21 PM »

... Dicky bugged him about a portable machine and finally after about a year in the in-center he told him about the NxStage.  Our training was about 4 weeks we had to pump up that fistula and establish a button hole.  We have been home with Nxstage since the end of March there have been ups and downs, overall he feels much better and can actually do most of the things he wants to do. BTW needles no longer bother him much.

Hi Y'all,

Welcome and thanks for the NxStage info.  I'm glad it and the buttonhole are working so well for you. :)  Once my husband starts dialysis, and hopefully gets a NxStage, we'll be depending on people like you to help answer questions. ;D

Lorelle

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 04:31:40 PM »

... Dicky bugged him about a portable machine and finally after about a year in the in-center he told him about the NxStage.  Our training was about 4 weeks we had to pump up that fistula and establish a button hole.  We have been home with Nxstage since the end of March there have been ups and downs, overall he feels much better and can actually do most of the things he wants to do. BTW needles no longer bother him much.

Hi Y'all,

Welcome and thanks for the NxStage info.  I'm glad it and the buttonhole are working so well for you. :)  Once my husband starts dialysis, and hopefully gets a NxStage, we'll be depending on people like you to help answer questions. ;D

Lorelle

Be sure to check out http://www.ilovenxstage.com  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 08:48:12 PM »

OK, now I'm worried that my catheter has Staph!  Welcome to the site  >:D

Two people on NxStage.... cool!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »