I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:57:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  epoman journal
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: epoman journal  (Read 7540 times)
cev

« on: July 27, 2006, 06:25:32 AM »

Hi Epoman,   I am still reading your daily journal - Keep a positive attitude this home dialysis is going to work.  There will be problems there will be setbacks and you might have to do a day in the in center now and then.  I read you are training thru Kaiser - can you go to a Kaiser in-center?   Be kind to your wife, this is also a hugh commitment for her.  Enjoy being at home!!
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 08:23:31 PM »

Hi Epoman,   I am still reading your daily journal - Keep a positive attitude this home dialysis is going to work.  There will be problems there will be setbacks and you might have to do a day in the in center now and then.  I read you are training thru Kaiser - can you go to a Kaiser in-center?   Be kind to your wife, this is also a hugh commitment for her.  Enjoy being at home!!

Thank you, I have finished the training log, and I have added more pictures, please let me know what you think of the site. Yes I can go to a kaiser in-center if I have to. And my wife KNOWS how much I appreciate her.  :)

Also I hate to say it, but I am telling others so I must tell you, please always use the spell check, it is not an option it is a requirement of being a member of this site. Please check your post above. I bolded the misspelled word.  :)

AND you still have not added your location or gender. Why? Again it is a RULE!

Please see this section for the rules: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 05:41:02 AM »

AND you still have not added your location or gender. Why? Again it is a RULE!

Please see this section for the rules: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0
Maybe he is afraid people will discover his identity? :P I know some people are paranoid about the net ..

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
cev

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 08:04:47 AM »

You can change your personal information on this page. This information will be displayed throughout I Hate Dialysis Message Board. If you aren't comfortable with sharing some information, simply skip it - nothing here is required.

Hi Epoman - the above is the information on the area to add location and gender - please change this information line {nothing here is required. }  if it is now a "rule".   My web access is only at work with constant interuptions and just jumped right in. 

I was very excited to read your training journal and looked for ways NxStage patients could help each other with everyday NxStage mishaps.

I wish you continued perfect runs
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 08:41:13 AM »

You can change your personal information on this page. This information will be displayed throughout I Hate Dialysis Message Board. If you aren't comfortable with sharing some information, simply skip it - nothing here is required.

Hi Epoman - the above is the information on the area to add location and gender - please change this information line {nothing here is required. }  if it is now a "rule".   My web access is only at work with constant interuptions and just jumped right in. 
Ya that is true! I remember reading that it was not required .. when did that change??

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 12:13:37 PM »

I was very excited to read your training journal and looked for ways NxStage patients could help each other with everyday NxStage mishaps.

I wish you continued perfect runs

OOPS, MY BAD.  :-\ You are correct, only the GENDER is required as stated here in the link to the gender/location thread: http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=584.0

If your are uncomfortable with telling us your location. At the very least, please add your gender. :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 12:17:05 PM »

Ya that is true! I remember reading that it was not required .. when did that change??

Anything posted in this section are the RULES, regardless what the forum template generates. That is why I tell all members to please read that section BEFORE posting.

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

tiffany1rn

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 07:25:31 PM »

Hello!
Your journal has been very insightful for me. I am an RN and am currently training my first patient on the NxStage system. I would appreciate any feedback on the training received by others, with suggestions to make it better/easier. :) Thank you!
Panda_9

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 06:14:52 AM »

Tiffany, I think when training its important to get the patient to develop a set routine over time. I have developed my own routine and do it exactly the same each time. It helps you not to forget things or get confused. I even set my dressing pack up a certain way. It does take a while to get into your own routine, but after a few months it just comes naturally. I am an RN too, but Im on home dialysis so am nursing myself instead of others  :-\
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »