I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 11:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Tattoos
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 59888 times)
brenda

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2007, 03:29:27 PM »

Only one tattoo here, a butterfly. And no more for me that was painful enough. Got it on my b-day a couple of years ago, got a piercing on my next b-day, surgery on my next b-day  and now the next one is coming. Think I'll just keep it relaxed and pain free.

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
maisha_r

Just a beautiful place....

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2007, 05:54:11 PM »

I got one on my right upper chest, name of one of my ex husbands,  but now I got to remove or I am thinking if i could fade or get other one top of it,  perhaps I could get something pretty with colors that would cover that name is just 6 letters and in cursive style.  I just need to find a good tatto artist to do it,  oh it did hurt! and i remember the man asking me "are you sure you want a name?" hahah i bet he gets lot of people going there to fade old tattos with ex lovers names ...  ;D

"I would like to walk where life leaves deep marks" s.r
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2007, 06:39:12 PM »

Tattoo on a living kidney donor named Jay. The logo was designed by Carol A. Darling, Graphic Designer, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Her hope is that it helps to increase awareness for the ultimate gift of life, organ donation. The green ribbon stands for organ donation. The red streaks represent a heart. This logo is available to download from the website of the Dept of HHS. www.organdonor.gov  - It is copyright-free and available for anyone to use.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2007, 12:15:08 AM »

New tat on Michelle from Yahoo Transplant group

brenda

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2007, 05:21:05 PM »

Lauralie's Tatoo: "Made In Canada"!

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
LightLizard

« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2007, 05:29:27 PM »

i have an owl tatooed on my left forearm (since '77) to remind me that we all die and that no matter how long i live, i will never have enough wisdom.

love

~LL~
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2007, 09:50:35 PM »

I haven't got any photos, and I don't own a camera, but when I was 17 I got a large Indian tattooed on my upper leg. It is a good piece of work, and I still like it.

I also have a small tribal piece (the Sepultura "S" for those who have seen it) on my shoulder blade, which was done when I was about 18.

I'll try to get a photo of my Indian to post here at some stage in the near future.
poohkari

Wade and I.

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2007, 01:04:41 PM »

I've got a small backpiece (not a "tramp stamp") in black and gray (cholo style) that reads "regrets are worthless" - I pretty much hate it now, ironically. I also have traditional wild irish roses on either hip, and "RVA" on my inner wrist for Richmond, VA. When I first moved, I never thought i'd come back. Jokes on me, right? I'll be going in the shop soon for a green candy heart on my chest that reads "taken" = and when Wade is able to get tattooed again he's getting the same, but in pink, and on his arm.

As for him ... crap! So many!

Right arm: Our lady of guadalupe, old school gorilla head, new school panther, devil head, half sleeve of skulls/tiger, anchor with banner that reads "tomorrow", and a poison girl.
Chest: Swallows on either shoulder, chese piece of a sacred heart that reads "for love", and a rib panel of garbage because he let about 5 people tattoo him.
Legs: pink bird, skull with dagger, buddah hand holding a dart, another skull, and another dagger.
Back: well ... its never going to get finished ... but heres a link of the outline on him (pre-dialysis, obvs): http://www.absolutearttattoo.net/?goto=davidboisineau&img=27

Girlfriend of Wade, on dialysis since 5/11/07 and NxStage since 8/20/07. We're hoping for a transplant as soon as his "FGP" is gone!
poohkari

Wade and I.

« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2007, 01:12:58 PM »

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=4614331&albumID=0&imageID=4456783

hilarious photo of our friends and us last july 4th. my mother would be horrified!

EDITED: Added Picture - Sluff/Admin
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:22:39 PM by Sluff » Logged

Girlfriend of Wade, on dialysis since 5/11/07 and NxStage since 8/20/07. We're hoping for a transplant as soon as his "FGP" is gone!
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2007, 05:41:29 PM »

Nothing like a good bbq for catching up with mates. I'm a vegetarian, but I still love nothing more than a good barbie - that's the Aussie in me, what can I say?   :ausflag;

Looks like you all had fun!  :beer1;
Jaybird

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2007, 09:08:35 AM »

Looks like an Ink fest. I would fit right in!
-jaybird
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2007, 07:17:22 PM »

:bandance;
I like the idea of the green ribbon or a blue one for kidney disease awareness. And a dancing banana (I love that icon).  I would like to have one on my ankle. I don't know if it is a good idea for transplnt recipients. Anyone know???

Thanks for sharing your tattoos.  :waving;
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2007, 01:47:33 AM »

Romona, just make sure you use a reputable, qualified artist with a clean, sterile studio. Needles should be sterile and/or disposable.

Personally, I would recommend not getting a tattoo immediately after transplant as there might be some infection risk, due to the fact that they do bleed a little. But there are obviously people here who have had tattoos prior to transplant (like me) and others who have had theirs done post-transplant, and it nobody here has had any negative anecdotal evidence to share so far. So I don't see why a transplant recipient can't have a tattoo, once stabilised. I can understand why you would ask though - that was a question I had in my mind, too, as I've always wanted to get more tatts. And now I think I've decided I probably will.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2007, 04:15:05 AM »

:)
Thanks for the info Louise, my sister always threatens me, if I mention one. She's afraid something is going to happen. She worries about me.
Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2007, 04:04:31 PM »

After I found out my hubby was going to be fine after this last go around at the beginning of the year, my daughter who has a huge butterfly on her lower back, took me to get a tattoo! My very first. It's a butterfly in blues with a beautiful crucifix in the center. Sounds weird but was done amazingly well. It's on my front left, not too far down from my collarbone. I can see it all the time and it reminds me of where we've been and where we're going. I'll get a picture of it and post it at some point.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2007, 04:47:39 PM »

I'm too chicken to get done what I'd like to get.  On my sides I'd like to get the devil and portraits of evil on my right and on my left a portrait of Jesus and all that is good and a scale across my abdomen weighing out the good and bad in my life. I don't think they make scales big enough to go across my tummy.  :lol;

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2007, 06:21:58 PM »

That sounds like an awesome tat tho :)

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2007, 06:04:16 AM »

I'm too chicken to get done what I'd like to get.  On my sides I'd like to get the devil and portraits of evil on my right and on my left a portrait of Jesus and all that is good and a scale across my abdomen weighing out the good and bad in my life. I don't think they make scales big enough to go across my tummy.  :lol;

Across your front may not work well but that would make an awesome piece to put on your back.

It's not easy being green.
highlite36

« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2007, 02:11:42 PM »

I got a tattoo of a butterfly on the back of my right hip.  Although most would disagree and say that it's on my ass.....  However, I'd like to go back and get two small kidneys placed in the middle of my back where my native kidneys used to be before they were removed.  Then I won't be lying when I say that I actually have kidneys!!!!  :-) 

ESRD February 2002
Transplant from living non-related donor November 7, 2002
Lost transplant April 2005
Diagnosed with Heart Failure February 2006
Currently on Peritoneal Dialysis, awaiting to be well enough to FINALLY get placed
on the Transplant List.  :-)  I can't wait!!!!
poohkari

Wade and I.

« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2007, 06:50:02 PM »

I got a tattoo of a butterfly on the back of my right hip.  Although most would disagree and say that it's on my ass.....  However, I'd like to go back and get two small kidneys placed in the middle of my back where my native kidneys used to be before they were removed.  Then I won't be lying when I say that I actually have kidneys!!!!  :-) 

PLEASE be careful if you decide to get tattooed over your kidneys. I know, i know, it sounds totally crazy. However, Wade ended up bad and in the hospital after getting his backpiece worked on for 2 weeks prior, and another friend of ours ended up in the hospital for acute kidney failure last spring after getting over his kidneys tattooed. Wades doctor is currently very interested in this, and looking to see if theres any connections - he apparently has heard of a few other cases. I guess when the kidneys are beat up, the pressure from the tattoo or something in the ink makes them worse? Who knows, but its just a heads up!

By the way, Wade and I are totally getting this tattoo when he gets his kidney:

In addition to wade's gory calfpiece of decapitated and bloody sheep and sickles in a pasture with zombie nurses in honor of Goodpastures syndrome....

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2007, 07:07:39 PM »

Cute pic

okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2007, 07:09:43 PM »

By the way, Wade and I are totally getting this tattoo when he gets his kidney:

Ha! Funny!!

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2007, 08:28:46 PM »

LMFFAO, that is too damn funny  :rofl;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2007, 08:30:28 PM »

Speaking of tats, I plan on getting one on my ankle when I finally lose weight and get back down to my goal healthy weight, its going to be my reward.... I would however like to be prepared, and I need some ideas of things that are sexy and look good on girls. Ideas please? :)

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2007, 08:31:30 PM »

I have a rose with Sam underneath on one ankle and on the other i have a butterfly on a flower  ;)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »