I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 11:20:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Tattoos
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 59882 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 07:25:13 PM »

DFL= Dude found love
DFL=Driving Fords Loudly
DFL= Doing Fun Longingly

Whatever!!! Said the California girl!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 09:48:49 PM »

DFL= Dude found love
DFL=Driving Fords Loudly
DFL= Doing Fun Longingly

Whatever!!! Said the California girl!

Not even close, sorry it's a "BOND" thing.  >:D

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 10:03:43 PM »

I've been disfigured enough by two fistula surgeries and an ugly fistula.  I don't think I would pay someone to disfigure me further.  Hopefully the tattoo fad will play itself out soon.

Fad?  It's been going on for way longer than just a fad.    ::)

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 10:14:20 PM »

I dont consider it "being disfigured"  if done right, i think it can be beautiful body art.  I am proud of my tattoo's and i think they are pretty cool and far as it being a fad, nah, i think it is just something someone does to change the way they feel about themselves and depending on what it is they get tattooed on them, it shows their personalities...that is just my opinion  ::)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 11:17:14 PM »

I dont consider it "being disfigured"  if done right, i think it can be beautiful body art.  I am proud of my tattoo's and i think they are pretty cool and far as it being a fad, nah, i think it is just something someone does to change the way they feel about themselves and depending on what it is they get tattooed on them, it shows their personalities...that is just my opinion  ::)

Yeah I agree but I still think the "chicks" who tattoo a target on their back right above their ass, look whorish, not that I mind.   :-[ ;) >:D

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 06:38:10 AM »

*scratches that idea off her to do list*   Nope, no targets here  ;D

www.kidneyoogle.com
nextnoel

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 07:15:32 AM »

So, Epoman, what does DFL stand for?  Dudes For Life? 

And as for tattoos:  for my 50th birthday, I got myself a delicate sort of bracelet of flowers that goes around my left wrist, in gentle blue, pink, & yellow colors, with entertwining leaves; they look like the flowers my grandmother grew in her back yard (she raised me, and we were very close).  The background story is that at the age of 15, I read a book on Winston Churchill's mother, Jenny Jerome, who was a Virginia lady and quite the renegade; it said she had "a bracelet tattooed around her wrist", but provided no further details.  I desperately wanted one ever since, but waited until age 50, because then most of the people in my family who would have been truly offended by it were either dead or blind!  Then this year, I found out that Jenny Jerome's bracelet tattoo was of a snake!  If I had known that detail at the beginning, I probably would just have been turned off, so I guess it all worked out fine!

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 09:59:40 AM »

Yeah I agree but I still think the "chicks" who tattoo a target on their back right above their ass, look whorish, not that I mind.   :-[ ;) >:D

Around here, we call tats at that spot a "tramp stamp". 

As for the "fad" going away - I'm pretty sure we're stuck with it.  But you would think the kids trying to look "cool" would have moved on to something else when the suburban housewives started getting them.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 10:19:01 AM »

I'm like the official tattoo canvas here I think 11 in all. It is a form of expression not a fad. I have a memorial for my Dad which includes his portrait on my lower left leg. I wanted to have my Mothers portrait added but I don't know if I can, due to the meds and diabetes.  I don't heal good anymore.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 12:38:02 AM »

I'm like the official tattoo canvas here I think 11 in all. It is a form of expression not a fad. I have a memorial for my Dad which includes his portrait on my lower left leg. I wanted to have my Mothers portrait added but I don't know if I can, due to the meds and diabetes.  I don't heal good anymore.

Do we get pictures of this canvas?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 05:47:52 AM »

I need to get a camera.
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 12:31:58 PM »

I like tattoos. 
I had a friend who got married to a woman named Lori.  He got her name tattooed on his arm with hearts and little emblems.  After they got divorced he moved to Florida.  He got letters added to to tattoo so now instead of Lori it says Florida. 

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 01:49:01 PM »

I like tattoos. 
I had a friend who got married to a woman named Lori.  He got her name tattooed on his arm with hearts and little emblems.  After they got divorced he moved to Florida.  He got letters added to to tattoo so now instead of Lori it says Florida. 

That turned out pretty cool but usually my own rule is no names unless they are my kids names. All my tattoos mean something and I didn't get them without a lot of thought first.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 08:05:18 PM »

Go get a camera silly Sluff and show us the tattoos.

lifenotonthelist.com

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2006, 08:47:37 PM »

Go get a camera silly Sluff and show us the tattoos.

My digital camera broke and I can't afford a new one. Maybe I'll get a throw away camera. then i'll scan the picture.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 09:39:22 PM »

Naked pics of Sluff!!! Oh my!

lifenotonthelist.com

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2006, 06:09:39 AM »

Naked pics of Sluff!!! Oh my!

Your wish is my command... :rofl;

Careful what you wish for Kitkatz. ;)
nextnoel

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2006, 09:12:14 AM »

Sluff, I'm assuming your camera didn't break while trying to take that picture, right?

I can't reach the hill like I used to, but I'm not at a standstill yet!
Treasure

Dialysis Schmalysis!

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2006, 04:29:37 PM »

Ah, I would like at least one tattoo to cover up the holes that are left in my chest from my catheter...yuck!  i can no longer show off the sisters in low cut shirts...the two catheter holes look like i have two additional nipples on my right breast.

i just can't figure out what kind of tattoo i want to cover the unsightlies. someone suggested a cartoon figure with two big brown eyes... *argh!* yeah...that'll be really sexy, hehehe.

if you know what kind of holes i'm talking about, maybe you can suggest an appropriate tattoo.

michelle ~ treasure     

You may worship me anytime you like... go ahead...bow down.  Now! Ok, I'm hungry, go get the grapes.  What? They're not chilled. You're useless! Ok...I'll forgive you...this time hehehe
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2006, 06:11:55 PM »

I know what you're talking about Treasure.  Joe has one of those in roughly the center of his chest.  We joke about it being his "Fifty Cent" gunshot wound.  :lol;

Joe died July 18, 2007
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2006, 09:28:22 AM »

The moment you all have been waiting for.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2006, 12:14:03 PM »

Someone got a camera???   Cool tattoo.

lifenotonthelist.com

Jaybird

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2006, 01:48:40 PM »

I got a few tats while I was in the navy. I went through a phase with dragons. and Since I got tats of it, it will be a lifelong phase.

I got my first tat on my left arm when I was 18, I got the rest when I joined the navy. I have 5 tattoo's I got 2 in Japan. The dragon in the pic is my favorite tattoo, and i got done in Japan in the Japanese style with the ink done with a pistol and mortar, along with the tap technique.

I have a gargoyle on my upper right back, and an angel and devil mirror image on my right arm. On my chest I have a picture of the laughing buddha (also done in Japan). The first tat I got was a color dragon. I only got one color tattoo, and i think thats it for me, because I don't like color anymore. The black and skin color is the most detailed and easier to see.

These pics were taken when I was in the navy. about 3 years ago. It hasnt faded much since then, I just dont take pictures with my shirt off very much anymore.

-Jaybird
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 01:50:21 PM by Jaybird » Logged
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2006, 01:53:10 PM »

The moment you all have been waiting for.

Awesome work, :2thumbsup; very detailed,  must've hurt like the dickens though ;)   

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2006, 02:03:31 PM »

Nice tats sluff and jaybird! 

Joe died July 18, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »