I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 07:39:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  UGH scheduling issues again!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UGH scheduling issues again!  (Read 6733 times)
shelfox

« on: May 28, 2008, 07:32:53 AM »

I just needed a place to to post this.......I HATE my center!  I have tried and tried to get them to at least hook me up on time once a week..but no.  I'm usually at least a half hour late and sometimes more. I have waited up to two hours and twenty minutes to be called back.   Usually, the "machines are broken" or transpertation issues"  I'm tired of it.  I have tried to leave the center, but all in my area are full.  I have been to fersinius centers before and they are awesome!  Clean, neat, polite and on time!  I hate the fact I'm stuck!  I'm trying to work and I have an eight year old that I need to get off the bus from school, but when they move my time, I have to either cut my time, or find a babysitter.  Now, I would be willing to do that sometimes, but they called at 9:45 today and my time is 10 and they want to move me to 11:30.  I give them credit at least they called...but what am I suppose to do..I can't find a babysitter now ;-(  Thanks for letting me rant.  I hate that my first post is a rant..but I'm so glad there is a place to do it ;-)
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 07:41:46 AM »

Awww I feel for you, thats what I hated the most about hemo, the patients schedule was the last priority

http://www.kimhoben.com
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 03:31:55 PM »

Being late once in a while is pretty much expected, but your situation is a bit much.  It sounds as though your center is either extremely ineffecient or is understaffed (or both).  I would keep a record of the time you get on the machine versus the time you were supposed to get on the machine and then show it to either the manager or the social worker.  Hopefully, they can tell you why this is happening so frequently and offer some answers.

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 04:35:08 PM »

:grouphug;
Go ahead and rant - that's what we're here for!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

flip
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 06:14:31 PM »

That doesn't sound right to me. My scheduled time is 12 noon. I usually go in about 11:00 and never wait over 5 minutes. I would talk to the Unit Administrator and explain the situation.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
bioya

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 06:42:46 PM »

Being late once in a while is pretty much expected, but your situation is a bit much.  It sounds as though your center is either extremely ineffecient or is understaffed (or both).  I would keep a record of the time you get on the machine versus the time you were supposed to get on the machine and then show it to either the manager or the social worker.  Hopefully, they can tell you why this is happening so frequently and offer some answers.

David is correct. Keep a running record of your times and how late they are getting you on circ. Once you have documentation, go to your admiistrator and MSW. If nothing is done, go to the renal network. What is sad is that centers think 'they' are the boss when in fact, its the patient. Can I ask if you are at a chain center or an independant?  Good luck.
shelfox

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 04:30:43 AM »

Thank you all, it really does help knowing you aren't in this alone!  I have been documenting since about October of last year, and went through all the center complaint protocals- nurse on the floor, clinic head nurse, social worker, center manger, corporate DAVITA and then finally the renal network.  Nothing changed ;-(  But better news... hopefully I will have my transplant this week.  My donor and I did blood work on Monday, if it isn't negative, we will start pheresis Wednesday- so keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer ;-)  Thanks again for the support ;-)
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 09:28:49 AM »

:clap; I hope all goes well and you can get your transplant Shelly! Good luck!   :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 09:47:45 AM »

I would cut my time EVERY TIME and fill out the form and say why.  "The staff was 45 minutes late getting me on" and request a copy for Medicare.  That should put a fire under their ass!

David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 02:35:10 PM »

Great news shelfox!  Maybe your scheduling issues will soon be a thing of the past!

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »

All the best Shelfox.  The scheduling issue would have my blood boiling for sure.  Transplant sounds like a really good way out of that situation but it still shouldn't happen that you're made to wait so long.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 11:10:30 AM »

that makes me so pissed
if you wait in the waiting room for 2 hours and then add you chair time - you might as well move in
bring a sleeping bag and a tent to a treatment and come in your pjs
I had to wait when I taught school and got there at 3:45
I was on last shift and someone before me was late!
I complained and it got better
but then I had to quit teaching and now I go early shift
and sometimes I am not hooked up on time
depends on the tech
Vlynn

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 07:54:08 AM »

I just needed a place to to post this.......I HATE my center!  I have tried and tried to get them to at least hook me up on time once a week..but no.  I'm usually at least a half hour late and sometimes more. I have waited up to two hours and twenty minutes to be called back.   Usually, the "machines are broken" or transpertation issues"  I'm tired of it.  I have tried to leave the center, but all in my area are full.  I have been to fersinius centers before and they are awesome!  Clean, neat, polite and on time!  I hate the fact I'm stuck!  I'm trying to work and I have an eight year old that I need to get off the bus from school, but when they move my time, I have to either cut my time, or find a babysitter.  Now, I would be willing to do that sometimes, but they called at 9:45 today and my time is 10 and they want to move me to 11:30.  I give them credit at least they called...but what am I suppose to do..I can't find a babysitter now ;-(  Thanks for letting me rant.  I hate that my first post is a rant..but I'm so glad there is a place to do it ;-)

Sounds like you need to take control of your treatments! I would try home hemo!!! Nxstage has a great machine that is not big at all like they use to be and you can travel with it :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »