I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Anniversary?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anniversary?  (Read 2206 times)
kevno

« on: May 26, 2008, 03:17:02 AM »

20years today my transplanted kidney stop working (well it never worked properly anyway) it hung on for nearly 7 years. 26th May 1988 Sent for 2 hours of hemo my lab results sky high.

Where does the time go :-\ 20years in a blink of an eye :o It seems to have gone so quick  ::)

Here's to the next 20  :boxing;
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 08:25:19 AM by kevno » Logged

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 08:17:21 AM »

Each year when March 30 rolls around, my husband, Marvin, and I celebrate (yes, I said "CELEBRATE") his dialysis anniversary.  This year, we celebrated 13 years that he's been on dialysis.  It is a "happy" anniversary for us because he's still living life to the fullest (or as full as he can given the circumstances).  So, to you, kevno, I say, "Happy Anniversary -- and may you have many, many more!"   ;D

And, you're right -- where does the time go?  Sometimes, it seems like Marvin's been on dialysis his whole life, and sometimes, it seems like it was just yesterday when he started!
Lori1851

This is me Lori , Dustin's mom

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 09:06:42 AM »

Dustin has been on dialysis as of 1 year the first of March 2007. I am praying 2008 will bring him a TRANSPLANT!!!

Lori/Indiana
kevno

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 09:05:24 PM »

It's a Anniversary I thought I would never get to :-\ thought i would have a transplant long before now :o I still have a letter from a doctor, i was going for a job interview in June 1988. The Doctor wrote in the letter "Kevin will have to wait a few months for a Transplant or maybe a little bit longer". Yeah >:( twenty years longer!

I see patient have transplants then most of them I have seen come back on dialysis. Some get another transplant :-\ I'm just the one constant on the unit.  :banghead;

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 12:28:16 AM »

You are not alone in being a constant in the unit.  They all groan when I check in, but there I am three days a week.  Sitting in the corner with you!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:55:12 PM »

I just celebrated four years at my Dialysis Center last Friday and I was honored by some patient spreading feces all over the floor and walls of the bathroom.  I swear, I have to share Dialysis with some of the most disgusting animals in treatment history.  It's been two years since I've met a nice patient who doesn't give me dirty looks or blast their television for everyone in the nearby zip code to hear.

In summary, sigh and ugh.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »