I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:25:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Lets see how long it takes for Duh-Vita to have this taken down off youtube.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lets see how long it takes for Duh-Vita to have this taken down off youtube.  (Read 13782 times)
bioya

« on: May 04, 2008, 11:33:04 AM »

Another Duh-Vita clip from youtube. Looks like this may have been a breakout session at one of the national "meetings". Typical Duh-Vita bull$hit. Lets see how long it takes for Duh-Vita to get this taken off youtube. I say.... hmmmmm  96 hours. Whats your guess? LOL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JtwAn8DgY3A&feature=related

Hey guys, I found another Duh-Vita party clip. Now we are wasting away in Davitaville....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FLK_uyjMLFw

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:06:07 PM by bioya » Logged
bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 03:26:48 PM »

:thumbdown;

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 04:14:57 PM »

BFD

Time you got over being fired and get a life.  Sheeesh.
bioya

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:26:07 PM »

First, I did not get "fired". After many years as a CD for Gambro, and two years as a FA for DaVita, I realized that the fun times, the drinking, the cheers, the skits, the slap on the back, good ole boy mentality that is DaVita was not for me. I gave four weeks notice and left and found a job where I can again make a difference.  At one time, under Gambro, we (the cliinics) were able to utilize our time and energy on doing what was the best for the patient. But when Davita came in, it was all about money, all about cutting, all about funny names for various computer programs like snappy and all that bull. It was all about parties and hats and swords, and three muskateers outfits, singing songs and dancing. It was all about drinking the koolaid and living a lie. DaVita is bad. It is bad for employees and more importantly, its bad for the patients.  All of us have our likes and dislikes in life. Whether its food, movies, cars, or even, dialysis center. I am sure your taste in food is different than mine, but I don't come on here and smack you in the mouth about it. If you don't like my views on Duh-Vita, than please don't read them. However, please, when you post about me, at least post the truth (if you know what that is).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 09:36:31 PM by bioya » Logged
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 10:45:49 AM »

Truth?  Really now

Hmm seems to me you fell on your face flat with your claims to davita being brought down.  Seems your big article was nothing more than a huge ass dud.
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 12:30:51 PM »

Just what is wrong with the good ole boy mentality?

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
bioya

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »

Truth?  Really now

Hmm seems to me you fell on your face flat with your claims to davita being brought down.  Seems your big article was nothing more than a huge ass dud.

Yea, I say again, I thought more was going to be exposed after my talk to Andy Pollack and when he talked to others. He really disappointed me, but he still got his point across (I guess).  Like it or not Big Sky, I do know what I am talking about. DaVita is bad, very bad for patients. From the week that they buyout of Gambro was finalized, things went down hill. DaVita is more worried about coming up with stupid names for computer programs and offices then they are in taking care of their patients.  You should have seen them working on what to name the Gambro regional offices. All at the same time, we were trying to come up with a new protocol to help the patients H&H to be more stable.  Listen, you dont have to believe me,  but there are many more people that will tell you that DaVita is more worried about their 'looks' and how they are preceived then they are about the patients and their outcomes. Patients who have good clinics can thank the nurses and techs who continue to put the patients first instead of the "mayor" and his stupid village.  Yes, I thought there was more to come out with the NY Times article, but I can assure you, DaVita will, at some, be exposed for what and who they are. In the end, the patients will be better off for those of us who keep writing our elected officals and notifying the press about deadly issues with DaVita like this ( http://www.lufkindailynews.com/hp/content/news/stories/2008/04/30/Web_dialysis.html?imw=Y#comments ).  Again, you don't have to read my posts if you don't like, I know I don't read things that I do not agree with. However, you should not critize things that you have no knowledge about. when you spend many years of your life trying to help patients do better, and being hit in the mouth at every turn because its not "cost effective" or "it will require too much time" or "its not important to the village right now", you get a little pissed.
I will fight DaVita (as they are now) and KT (the idiot with the sword) every chance I get. My only goal is not to bring bad light on the clinics, but to turn their management from a greed mentality to one that cares for the patients. (And yes, I know what they 'say', but I also know what they do).
On another note, my daughter is in Great Falls Montana right now, and says it is a very beautiful area.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 05:12:13 PM »

Spike in deaths prompts investigation
More than 100 patients displaced as DaVita Dialysis Center shuts down temporarily

By JESSICA SAVAGE
The Lufkin Daily News

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

After being released from the hospital in August and seeing her condition improve, Thelma Metcalf began outpatient kidney dialysis treatments at DaVita Lufkin Dialysis Center. Within a few days of treatments, Metcalf was unable to walk, said her husband, Walter. Her rapidly deteriorating condition puzzled the family doctor, her husband said, but Metcalf continued treatments over the next several months.

Then on April 1, while receiving her dialysis at Davita, the 68-year-old quit breathing. Metcalf was pronounced dead later that day at a local hospital, her husband said.

Lufkin police investigators were called out to DaVita Lufkin Dialysis Center Monday to help investigate 'an unusual spike in deaths and life-threatening complications to patients undergoing dialysis,' said a LPD spokesman. The facility temporarily shut down Monday while state officials conduct an investigation at the facility.

"She went from walking to being a ... I don't know what you would call it. She couldn't do anything," said Walter Metcalf, of Zavalla, during a phone interview Tuesday.

Since Monday state health officials and local law enforcement have been investigating a recent spike in patient deaths over the past 30 days at the DaVita center in Lufkin, said a spokesman with Lufkin Police Department.

A number of unexpected deaths and serious complications at the facility prompted the investigation, said Lt. David Young.

"It is not known at this time what may have caused the unexpected deaths and complications, but no evidence of criminal activity has been found," Young said in a press release.

The facility at 700 S. John Redditt Drive temporarily shut down Monday in cooperation with the investigation, sending more than a hundred patients outside the county for treatment.

Officials with the Texas Department of State Health Services and DaVita both have declined to comment on the investigation.

"Right now, it would irresponsible to speculate beyond the facts we have and we will remain focused on our patients and the care they need," DaVita spokeswoman Stephanie Horn stated in a press release issued Tuesday.

DaVita, Inc., is a nationwide kidney care service company that serves more than 100,000 patients in 43 states at its more than 1,300 outpatient facilities, the release stated.

More than 120 patients have been sent from the Lufkin center for care at DaVita facilities in Henderson and Livingston and Nacogdoches, Horn said.

Upon hearing the Lufkin facility was under investigation and had temporarily shut down, Metcalf said he hoped the facility would be closed down.

"I don't think they knew what they were doing up there," he said.

Patient Frederick Davis, who has been receiving dialysis treatments at DaVita since February, said he found out the center had closed its doors when he showed up for treatment Tuesday morning. The center had tried to reach him by phone Monday night, he was told, but Davis said he never got the message because he doesn't have an answering machine.

An employee told Davis the center was closing because some patients had died, he said.

"That's all hearsay, but I wouldn't be surprised," Davis said.

Davis said some employees who worked at the center provided care while others conducted themselves as if they were "just trying to get a paycheck."

"It was rolling the dice with who you got," he said.

Davis said the center told him he would now be receiving his treatments from Henderson Kidney and Dialysis Center, which is operated by Memorial Health System of East Texas.

Yana Ogletree, a spokeswoman for the hospital, said the center had accepted 20 patients for treatment, placing it at maximum capacity.

"We have brought in additional resources to do what we can," Ogletree said.

Staff writer Ashley Cook contributed to this report.

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 05:17:30 PM »

:(  freakin' nightmare
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 07:00:28 PM »

Thank God again for my 5 star dialysis center.

Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 07:23:29 PM »

This is a very big reason I will not return to in-centre dialysis if I can avoid it. The two weeks of home hemodialysis training I received was way more adequate a lot of these in-centre techs. I feel bad for all the people effected by this, and other cases like it.

Adam

Edit: As for the original topic, Davita sucks and it's  >:D

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
bioya

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »

I can't imagine, even working in dialysis as long as I did, I can't imagine actually having ESRD and having to live my life around dialysis.  I admire everyone who lives with this horrible nightmare day in and day out.
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 07:37:59 PM »

BTW, 5 star centers don't have techs.

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 04:46:27 AM »

Here is the same article posted by Bill Peckham :  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=8198.0

MiSSis

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 05:04:11 AM »

Thank God again for my 5 star dialysis center.

Flip,  You mention that yours is a 5 star dialysis center.  Where did you find this information?  The center I dialyze thru (I'm on PD) is a privately owned center.  I understand they've been approached numerous times about being bought out by one of the "nationals" but have always refused.  The docs own about 7 centers in and around the community.  I think the docs are wonderful there but I do admit that I have limited exposure to the rest of the nursing staff.  I was just curious to see how they are viewed in the big scheme of things. 

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will not see the shadows."  Helen Keller
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 07:10:05 AM »

I gave my center the 5 star rating because we have more fringe benefits than most other centers. Mine is also private and nonprofit. The staff is all nurses and good patient care is the primary concern. Davita has tried for years to buy them out and now Fresenius is building a new center here and offering incentives for patients to switch.

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »

I gave my center the 5 star rating because we have more fringe benefits than most other centers. Mine is also private and nonprofit. The staff is all nurses and good patient care is the primary concern. Davita has tried for years to buy them out and now Fresenius is building a new center here and offering incentives for patients to switch.

incentives ?????????? what th ***** what are they going to do? serve breakfast ????????????

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »

incentives ?????????? what th ***** what are they going to do? serve breakfast ????????????

Free ice and sharp needles for all!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 04:22:22 PM »

They are advertising heated massage chairs with touch screen TV and internet. One lady that I dialyze with said they offered to pay her supplemental insurance if she would switch. I'm just wondering if I should hire an agent.

David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 04:28:58 PM »

It does seem to be a shame that there is so much money wasted on "wining and dining"  :beer1; the company big wigs when at the same time there is so much that is needed to be improved within the clinics themselves.  The sad part is that in many communities, there is no other dialysis facility available from which dialysis patients can choose.  Especially if you live in a rural area, you pretty much HAVE to go to the clinic that is in the area because the next closest one is a hundred or more miles away.  My point is, there sometimes isn't really much in the way of competition so that patients could express their dissatisfaction by going to a different facility that prioritized patients over parties.

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 08:45:24 PM »

Another Duh-Vita clip from youtube. Looks like this may have been a breakout session at one of the national "meetings". Typical Duh-Vita bull$hit. Lets see how long it takes for Duh-Vita to get this taken off youtube. I say.... hmmmmm  96 hours. Whats your guess? LOL

Hey guys, I found another Duh-Vita party clip. Now we are wasting away in Davitaville....

I thought I'd put this to the test. As of now, 11:40pm EST, Monday, May 26th, they are still up. I posted a negative comment about Davita for this one--
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JtwAn8DgY3A&feature=related.  Can't sleep, thought I'd have a little fun! 

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 09:08:21 PM »

How does DaVita get ahold of patients to offer incentives? Or is this y replying to an ad? Just seems odd that some company can come in and try to steal way  patients.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 05:40:58 PM »

It's no different than any other new company coming to town and taking customers away from the old ones. Like it or not, dialysis is now a profitable business for several companies and the patients are merely pawns.

paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 08:22:01 AM »

I thought I'd put this to the test. As of now, 11:40pm EST, Monday, May 26th, they are still up. I posted a negative comment about Davita for this one--
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JtwAn8DgY3A&feature=related.  Can't sleep, thought I'd have a little fun! 

Well that's interesting! The video is still there, but my comment has been removed! I wonder what kind of power Davita has over YouTube?  :o

EDITED: Fixed quote tag - okarol/admin
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 10:03:16 AM by okarol » Logged

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 08:30:27 AM »

Unsure what your comment was but your comment may have been removed involving a YouTube policy of some sort.  If Davita had any pull or knew these were up there they most likely would be pulled by now.

It's not easy being green.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »