I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:52:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  new to this site
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new to this site  (Read 3330 times)
romeokdg

« on: July 07, 2006, 10:33:16 AM »

i just found this site and am very happy to be here. I was diagnosed with esrd in sept of 2005 and went on pd 7 months later. they don't know what caused the failure just that i was at the end stage. i had no symptoms . i went to the doctors for a shoulder injury that would not heal so they decided to run some blood work and i ended up being admitted to ER immediately because my potassium was at a dangerous level. i hate dialysis and everything about kidney failure.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 12:16:07 PM »

Welcome to the site.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »

Welcome Romeokdg.  You have found the absolutely best side for this matter.  The members here are open and honest and willing to answer any questions you may have.  I found this site not too long ago and i am so very happy i did.  We all know what its like to go through what you are going through so that is why we are so close here,  please take the time to read the posts and ask any questions you may have.  Hope to hear from you again soon
Goofynina

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 02:49:29 PM »

Welcome to our community - one of the best on the web!!!  This is a place to vent (I see you have already started. Epoman will like you), but it is also a place to come for some answers even the professionals don't give you at times.  Since we are already over 6500 posts, you have a lot to read.  But don't just read - keep posting as well.  We are all here for each other.
The best forums to start reading are General Discussion and FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions.
By the way, we are ESRD twins. I was diagnosed in September 2005 as well.  Thank God, I found this site just before they started me on dialysis and I suppose people are tired of hearing how much this was a help to me!  But I have to say it - this site was my major tool in dealing with dialysis.
By the way, how did you hear of this site?  No, don't answer here.  We have a poll in the forum Off Topics.  Go there and vote.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 02:51:04 PM by bajanne2000 » Logged

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 05:30:48 PM »

Hi Romeokdg,

Welcome to the site.  September is a BAD month.  That is when I started dialysis again for the second time.  So, you hate dialysis and everything about it?  Hey, you are in!  It is not a requirement, but it sure helps if you are going to get along here.   ;D  Happy reading.

romeokdg

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 07:30:03 PM »

thank you guys so much for the welcome. It helps to know I am not the only one out there dealing with this mind boggling disease.
girlfriend

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 10:38:25 PM »

Welcome to the site... Newbie here myself.. Lots of reading to do thats for sure ..
enjoy I know I am.. Not that it is a good thing.. well ya know what I mean.. Rant then LOL
Barb

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff........
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 11:27:20 PM »

Welcome Romeokdg! I have been dealing with this all my life but last summer I took a turn for the worst and had to switch the type of dialysis to another that I have less control over and makes me feel not as good. I was in the hospital for 6 weeks last summer and am glad to have a place like here to vent. Even though I have my own site I found this one to be one of the most popular, the fastest growing of the new forums to exist on the net, and to be the most useful to patients where other sites are more of an either medical advice site or nurses griping or families who made a small site that really is only of interest to family and close friends and passersly who won't be back to it too often. IHD however (IHateDialysis.com i am talking about when I say IHD) is not like any other site I have ever seen in my 9 years I have looked for sites like this on the net.

This is truly a worthwhile site and I hope you post often. Here patients will support you and share with you what nurses and doctors try to "protect" you from but you will find out sooner or later anyway! I for one like to know up front so I can be better prepared! This is the right place for you if you agree or just want a place to vent :) Venting is allowed here :)

- Angie

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Hephs-little-lady

Always dance like no one is watching!

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 11:38:17 PM »

Welcome to the site romeokdg..

It's good to have you on board, you've come to the right place!

;) H-L-L

:D Knowledge Is Knowing That A Tomato Is A Fruit, Wisdom Is Not Putting It In A Fruit Salad.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 11:50:11 PM »

Welcome, glad you found us. Do us a favor and help spread the word. Be sure to visit the rules/important threads section, here is a link:

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0 Ask questions, rant/vent, make some new friends, play some games, that's what this site is all about. Welcome.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 12:10:37 AM »

Welcome to the site.  Honesty is the policy around here.  Sometimes we get a little too honest, but we do try to help each other.  I found this site and it was like coming home.

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 02:16:59 PM »

Glad you found us, looks like you need us.  This is the best overall dialysis board on the net -- good information/education, wonderful support, and the only place to vent, rant and gripe w/o your posts being pulled or censored!!  You're off to a good start -- Epoman's gonna' love you!

Lorelle

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »