I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:00:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Nocturnal
| | |-+  Incenter Nocturnal Dialysis
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Incenter Nocturnal Dialysis  (Read 29605 times)
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 11:22:48 PM »

Are conjugal visits permitted with nocturnal dialysis?

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 04:20:37 AM »

Are conjugal visits permitted with nocturnal dialysis?

:clap; :thumbup; :yahoo;

do you think the alarms would go off
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 09:28:46 AM »

Only with the Doctor, which would be fine with me.  He is so handsome!!     :guitar:

NolaGail

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 09:37:48 AM »

Rerun,

Hope things are beginning to work a little better for you (and your furbabies  ;D).  I plan to even have a shot of whiskey in your honor.  Let me know if it helps or not.  I may need to take 2 or 3 for you to actually feel the effects.

Seriously, I hope things get better.

NolaGail

In His no-slip grip!

Living donor has one more test to go (4-14-2008).  Her left kidney could be mine in a few months.  No surgery date yet.
Slywalker

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 10:24:58 AM »

Rerun - I'm sure that things will work out.  Too bad no bed.  That almost seems cruel and unusual.  Chalk it up to things dialysis patients have to deal with.  I bet your puppies miss you at night when you are gone.  They will adjust after a few times.

Good luck - and peaceful dreams.

Sandyb

:bunny:
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 05:30:36 PM »

Rerun,

Hope things are beginning to work a little better for you (and your furbabies  ;D).  I plan to even have a shot of whiskey in your honor.  Let me know if it helps or not.  I may need to take 2 or 3 for you to actually feel the effects.

Seriously, I hope things get better.

NolaGail

I love the word "Furbabies".  That is just what they are.  I've spent a lot of time with them today.  I'll take them out at 7:15-7:30PM tonight.  I have to leave after that.  I will get home at 4:30AM if all goes well.  I hope they can handle that.

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »

Goodluck :big hug:

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »

Nocturnal went better last night.  I was able to sleep until I heard an alarm at 1:42 and thought it was time to get up.  So, then I took an Advil PM and was tired until 10 AM!   I'll get it right one of these times.

When I let the furbabies out at 4:30 AM  Adrianne went down the stairs too fast and hurt her leg.  The way she was crying and carrying on I thought for sure she really hurt herself.  The Emergency Clinic is too far for me to drive a night, but I called them and they said to put her in a crate and keep her quiet so she didn't injure it further.  At seven I called the Vet and made an appointment.  I went to get her out and she came running out bouncing all over as usual.  Not even a limp! 

:angel;

tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 12:27:28 PM »

Hope it get's better and better. Can't believe they don't do the treatment from a bed ! I felt it hard enough to do nocturnal from home and in a bed. If you can put up with it in centre Rerun you go for it, you'll end up feeling a lot better for the extra treatment time that's for sure, unsure about that chair though are they crazy or what?  :urcrazy;

Thinkin of ya

Take Care

Tamara xxxx oooo  :grouphug;  :waving;  :grouphug;

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 03:36:57 PM »

:) Can you bring your own bed???

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 04:13:13 PM »

Karol.....where on earth did you get my picture!!???

I bought a twin size egg shell pad for $15 and I take that.  It seems pretty comfortable.  Although I look around and the others have no pad, sheet, nothing.  Some don't even bring a pillow.  Then there is me who totally moves in.  I thought about bringing an extra TV tray to have more space!

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 04:27:15 PM »

Sorry that I am only now weighing in on this topic.  I was so jealous when I read the first post.  Nocturnal dialysis is a dream of mine!  I would really love that.  And to think you don't have the phosporus problem!   I am convinced that this is the best kind of dialysis.  I like in-center (other people doing the work! ;D) and I would love to have my days FREE!!!  A girl can dream, can't she?

So happy to hear that you are becoming more used to it.  I like the way you are making yourself comfortable.  Maybe the others will take a leaf out of your book.

Extremely sorry that you are not making it to Vegas!  I wanted to meet you.  You are the only person alive whom I first met when I joined IHD!!  Not possible to even just come for a few hours?  Please? Pretty please?

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 07:45:38 AM »

You are really coming to Vegas??  I thought you were just going to call in.  Hmmmm I'll have to reconsider.  I have on my list of things to do..... Visit Aurora in Barbados.

Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 01:11:20 PM »

You are really coming to Vegas??  I thought you were just going to call in.  Hmmmm I'll have to reconsider.  I have on my list of things to do..... Visit Aurora in Barbados.
Please, I need to see you.  I hope you can work things out.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 02:07:49 PM »

Rerun, I hope nocturnal works out well for you.  It is crazy that there isn't beds. Do they have any plans to add them?     And about Vegas, I hope so much you will find your way back there.  It will be so amazing to meet Bajanne.  And you are one of the "originals" of IHD. Plus you are FUN and we need you there! :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 02:20:05 PM »

Karol.....where on earth did you get my picture!!???

The Paparazzi, of course!  8)

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 04:09:15 PM »

Oh, I want to see the look on the nurses' faces when you stroll in with the areo-bed and start pumping it up in the middle of the floor.  That would be awesome!   :bandance;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2008, 08:58:04 AM »

My third night went well.  I watched a movie (A Good Year  :thumbup;) and then fell asleep about 10.  I woke up at 1:30AM and didn't sleep again until I got home about 4:45PM.

I feel great.  I think this is really going to be a good option for me.

I'm wondering what percent kidney function this longer dialysis has.  I figure that 9 hours a week is about 10%.  Just enough to keep you alive.  Any ideas??

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »

Proud of you :big hug:
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2008, 10:04:14 AM »

It's got to be more than 9%.  Hey wehere's Bill - he knows all those numbers!

Rerun, is it the same kind of improvement I got with home?  By the end of the second session, I could already feel a massive difference - no "wash out", and tons more energy the rest of the time.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »

I have asked the social worker to see if there is nocturnal dialysis available in the area. Something has got to give here.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2008, 09:15:21 PM »

I've been on Nocturnal for almost a month now.  I'm sleeping better.  I get about 4-5 hours of sleep and then come home and sleep a few more.  I get on at 8PM and off and 4AM.  It is better then the day shift.
 1. I get more dialysis while I sleep.
2. I get the same chair and tech.  I like having the same tech stick me.  He knows where he went last and can make a trail.  Otherwise it is just a STAB in the dark.   ;D 
3.  My days are free....  I need to find a job!!!

People ask me if I like it better.  I like to say "I hate it less."   I mean I still have to go to this CLINIC and get hooked to a machine and sleep with 9 other people who snore and fart and puke and get up to go pee/poo (whatever).  Three nights a week I have to do this.  Do I like it better?  Better than my own bed?  NO!  I just hate it less than the day shift.

flip
Elite Member

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »

Not for me. I still enjoy the night life. I'm usually off about 3 pm and the night is mine.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
Bajanne
Member for Life

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2008, 07:47:08 AM »

This nocturnal dialysis seems like just the thing for me!!  I WOULD LOVE IT!!  It would give me back my days!

meadowlandsnj

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2008, 04:42:35 PM »

This nocturnal dialysis seems like just the thing for me!!  I WOULD LOVE IT!!  It would give me back my days!

More people at my place are trying it.  I still have my doubts about it for me.  I just don't sleep well at all--last night I took (2) 30 mg of temazepam and I still had a hard time sleeping.  It was offered to me and I said I'd think about it.........maybe reading all these great things about it will give me an incentive to try it.

Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »