I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 09:42:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Thanks for nothing!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanks for nothing!  (Read 3411 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: March 28, 2008, 06:04:53 AM »

Ok i will set the scene , alarm has just gone off its 6 am, after another bad nights sleep. Look outside its pouring down and blowing a gale ! Groan!. Do i have to go out in this ???yes ! Get ready do my PD and set off ..a dental appt at the hospital. Arrive windswept and wet through only to be told they are running about 3 hours late ,they are a dentist down. Great so i had to explain to the receptionist that i couldnt wait all that time because i had to do PD (4 daily) She then said not to worry she would go find someone and explain , see if they could get me in sooner. The receptionist came back and guess what? Im sorry but you will have to wait your turn like everyone else ,you cant just queue jump ! Great eh? if a hospital cant understand your needs , then who the hell can ????So i had to leave , a wasted morning now cold and wet !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 06:10:28 AM »

KICKSTART, doesn't it frost your  :sir ken; when they overbook and know they our understaffed.  :boxing;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Phillip_20

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 06:56:43 AM »

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear that... I don't get why they did that
donnia
Elite Member

me and my donor Joyce

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »

What jerks!!!! :boxing;

Born with one kidney 1972
Ureter re-constructured 1975 (reflux had already damaged the kidney)
Diagnosed and treated for high blood pressure 2000
Diagnosed ESRF October 2006
Started dialysis September 2007
Last dialysis June 4, 2008
Transplant from my hero, Joyce, June 5, 2008
Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 07:55:23 AM »

They expected people to sit there and wait for three hours!? That's insane!!!! They don't have phones they can use to call to tell patients they need to reschedule? You need a bigger stick.  :Kit n Stik;

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 08:01:05 AM »

Doesn't it  just get right up your nose. I've long said that the NHS should give priority to people with serious medical conditions. Maybe in principle they do but it's the stupid beauracratic pen pushing jobsworths that you can't get past most of the time. I have serious issues with  most of the reception staff at my GP practice, Although I can see a doctor within 4 or 5 days sometimes you need to see one a lot sooner, and you might as well try and get an audience with the POPE! And usually the reason you can't get an appointment sooner is because mainly they're taken up by patients with minor ailments.  :puke;  :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;

Ken
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 09:15:57 AM »

That's disgraceful, you weren't asking to queue jump, just to get treated so you could have some other treatment.  Wouldn't have hurt them to ring and let you know they were running so late and you could have stayed home, done your PD and gone in later.  They think patients have nothing else to do but wait. :Kit n Stik;
st789

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 09:18:06 AM »

I understand.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 10:02:31 AM »

They're idiots!  :boxing;
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 12:20:18 PM by paddbear0000 » Logged

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
devon

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 11:53:54 AM »

Simply it's a poor business. It doesn't matter if it's a doctor or a hairstylist, an appointment is an appointment and if they overbooked, that shouldn't be your problem.  If you can, find another provider and forget this one! Take your business elsewhere.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »

Major frustrating!  :boxing;    Sorry you had to get out in that horrible weather!!!

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 12:01:26 PM »

Simply it's a poor business. It doesn't matter if it's a doctor or a hairstylist, an appointment is an appointment and if they overbooked, that shouldn't be your problem.  If you can, find another provider and forget this one! Take your business elsewhere.

Most dentists in the UK do not take any new NHS patients. They will only treat new patients privately which means silly money. Unless you can afford to pay privately (and I'm guessing Kickstart can not) then changing your provider is not an option.

Ken
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 09:33:54 PM »

:Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik; :sir ken; :sir ken;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 09:55:19 AM »

Most dentists in the UK do not take any new NHS patients. They will only treat new patients privately which means silly money. Unless you can afford to pay privately (and I'm guessing Kickstart can not) then changing your provider is not an option.

So true Ken !!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »

So they knew they were running 3 hours behind...they couldn't take a few minutes and call patients and let them know that. That would certainly make their jobs easier since they wouldn't have disgruntled patients waiting in an over-crowded waiting room.  :Kit n Stik;

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 06:27:35 PM »

Sorry for the inconvenience KS. They don't care until the paycheck isn't there.  :Kit n Stik;
IrishGirl

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 08:22:09 AM »

Hospitals and offices dont give a rats-ass about your problems. Because every single patient has one or more. Its the way it is and its ugly. I work in the health care field and know from experience that every patient has an "issue" and usually the person at the front desk is too stupid to tell a "real" issue frome a "stupid" issue. In other words, where I work, if things get behind for whatever reason, the patients all say "I have to go first." However, One is a diabetic and needs to get home and eat and take insulin, one needs dialysis and one has to get to radiation by 2:00 and one has chemo at 4:30....Those are really patients who need to be moved up and pronto. The others have stupid junk and garbage like " I have to pick up my brothers kids from daycare" and "I have a furnace man coming at noon" and "I need to get home and watch my daytime soap opera" and "my dogs going to the vet"   There is some dim wit out there who decides. THEY are the ones who need to learn to prioritize. What happened to you is just unacceptable and disgusting. It reeks of idiocy and stupidity...I might consider finding a new clinic.
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »

sure but do not call in to cancel an appointment within 24 hours and see the charge they add

your fault your late to dialysis   sign an AMA

their fault, "oh don't worry, no AMA today"  but I insist if it is their fault or mine   and I let them know I am capable of wiriting the reason
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »