I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:29:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Mood swings
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mood swings  (Read 12691 times)
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 05:56:53 PM »

Remeber you are adjusting to being on hemo and for a few months your blood work may be screwed with.  This can affect your moods.  Remember we all are here to support you even if we get off on a tangent at you.

Thank you. That makes me feel better. I like to know that I don't have to worry about posting during my mood explosions  :-[ :-[ *blush*

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Panda_9

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2006, 12:42:30 AM »

OMG Angie that Jay bloke sounds like a bastard. Saying your lazy is just not on!! My partner didnt even know what dialysis or anything was when he met me, I warned him I was sick, but he was prepared to go through it with me. He still doesnt really understand, but I dont think you can ever fully understand how you feel on dialysis unless you have been on it yourself. He just doesnt understand that I dont always have energy to do things. It must be hard for him too, hes only 24 and at that age where he wants to do things all the time, and I just dont have the energy. I can get pretty moody for no apparent reason. Sometimes the tiniest things make me snap. I have been stopping myself lately though. I just take a deep breath and think, is it really worth getting angry?
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2006, 02:43:30 AM »

OMG Angie that Jay bloke sounds like a bastard. Saying your lazy is just not on!! My partner didnt even know what dialysis or anything was when he met me, I warned him I was sick, but he was prepared to go through it with me. He still doesnt really understand, but I dont think you can ever fully understand how you feel on dialysis unless you have been on it yourself. He just doesnt understand that I dont always have energy to do things. It must be hard for him too, hes only 24 and at that age where he wants to do things all the time, and I just dont have the energy. I can get pretty moody for no apparent reason. Sometimes the tiniest things make me snap. I have been stopping myself lately though. I just take a deep breath and think, is it really worth getting angry?

Ya just like my boyfriend Jeff (Sandman-sa) .. he never knew anyone on dialysis before me and he is learning as we go along and by joining this forum.

You have to give these guys credit for wanting to go along with us in our dialysis-journey ;)

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Panda_9

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 04:53:19 AM »

To be honest, I really think my partner didnt know what he was getting himself into. He didnt know how much involvement all this is. All the tests, operations, appointments, dialysis etc. I just know that he loves me and Im thankful for that!
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2006, 12:38:52 PM »

To be honest, I really think my partner didn't know what he was getting himself into. He didn't know how much involvement all this is. All the tests, operations, appointments, dialysis etc. I just know that he loves me and I'm thankful for that!

I am still not even sure Sandman knows what he is getting himself into ;) My mom has tried to explain I think what it was like when I first had my transplant and was having complications and my lungs started to collapse (I had my old kidney out at the same time so I had an incision in the back and front and could not sit up to cough so my lungs started collasping and I got Pneumonia).

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
sandman

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2006, 07:11:22 PM »

Well, thanks to Angie, I have a fair general knowledge about kidney disease and the effects that do and could come with it.  I am also very aware of the emotional and physical strain dialysis can put on someone and I am quickly learning how to adapt, care for and assist in anyway that I can.  I think have a pretty good idea of what I am getting myself into.  ;)

I may not ever be able to fully understand everything that Angie and the rest of you are going through but I can use my imagination when someone tries to explain what they are feeling.  Apply that with care and compassion and I can guess a pretty good idea of what it's like.  Going off of what I have learned thus far, my imagination tells me that all of you live in a very frightening world.  I pray to god that I will never have to deal with kidney failure myself because to be totally honest, it scares the living crap out of me.
Mom3

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 07:43:56 PM »

You have an incredible attitude, Jeff. I wish more of my son's friends were as concerned and considerate as you are. Instead they "lead him astray" into the valley of the shadow of fluid overload.

No offense intended to the very conventionally religious among us!

Mom 3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 08:54:43 PM »

You have an incredible attitude, Jeff. I wish more of my son's friends were as concerned and considerate as you are. Instead they "lead him astray" into the valley of the shadow of fluid overload.

Mom 3
Well mom3, like I have told you in emails, your son wants to just "live his life before it gets worse" and all you can do is be there for him. His friends don't understand how bad or why it is bad to have too much fluid. Put it this way. One of my friends said this to me:

"So when you start dialysis you can drink all the beer you want then and never have to pee so  you will stay drunk longer?? That is soooo cool!!"

Obviously my friend was VERY misinformed. And this was before I started any dialysis. All I had to go by was when I had one kidney back in 1990 while on PD. I was still able to pee. I knew this time would be different but how could I correct my friend when I didn't have enough information myself back then.

My friends didn't understand ... they didn't mean to lead me astray .. as I am sure your son's friends don't mean to as well. They just don't understand.

Do you ever have a chance to take any of them aside and confide in them your concerns when your son is doing something or do they always go out?

diagnosed ESRD 1982
Transplant 4/11/90
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 09:36:30 PM »

That is sad, Mom 3.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
sandman

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2006, 10:41:04 PM »

Mom 3

Why thank you Doris.  I don't honestly think your sons friends are trying to lead your son "into the valley of the shadow of fluid overload".  I think it's just that they are not fully aware what kidney failure really means.  Shame too.  Maybe you could try a scare tacktic to let your son know just how bad things can get if he keeps abusing his diet.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2006, 09:18:29 PM »

I have learned to tell people I am on a rampage and in a mood, so look out.  You could be next for me to chew on.  I usually am pretty easy going, but lately do NOT start with me about anything.  I can go from smiling to B**tch in three seconds and you will not even know what happened.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »