I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 12:33:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Irritable !
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Irritable !  (Read 6678 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: March 26, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »

How do you stop yourself being snappy/grouchy when you are soooooo tired? I have had a couple of weeks of no sleep and im getting grumpy ! I know im grumpy and so do people round me ..but i cant help myself or stop it !! I just want to sleep , i cant be bright all the time , im knackered ! (Before anyones says it ..YES i do take a sleeping tablet , but its not working and i dont want to start taking more!) ps can we have an Oscar the grouch smiley?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
KR Cincy

Home hemodialysis since May 07

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »

I don't know how, but if you find a secret, let me know!

Not giving up...thanks to Susan.
cherpep

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 01:40:38 PM »

You need a sleep-pants day!!  A day where you just wear your most comfortable clothes (for me, that's sleep pants and an oversized shirt) and relax!!  Watch a movie and keep restarting it because you snoozed!!  Have some comfort foods.  Just give in, give your body a break. 

I'm looking forward to Saturday - that will be my sleep pants day.  No dialysis, no work, no running around.  I can't wait.  I'm exhausted and need a complete day off!
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »

I am tired today too! And fussy.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »

You need a sleep-pants day!!  A day where you just wear your most comfortable clothes (for me, that's sleep pants and an oversized shirt) and relax!!  Watch a movie and keep restarting it because you snoozed!!  Have some comfort foods.  Just give in, give your body a break. 

I'm looking forward to Saturday - that will be my sleep pants day.  No dialysis, no work, no running around.  I can't wait.  I'm exhausted and need a complete day off!

Thats sounds great ..but i cant do it ! Dogs to see to , PD to do !!! Someone always knocks at the door selling something and the phone always rings trying to sell me something ! doh ! :rant;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 02:44:26 PM »

Thats sounds great ..but i cant do it ! Dogs to see to , PD to do !!! Someone always knocks at the door selling something and the phone always rings trying to sell me something ! doh ! :rant;

Tell anyone who might matter (family, friends, etc) that you're taking a day off and will NOT be answering the door or phone. Do not call you or come to visit between Friday bedtime and Sunday noon. That way, you can ignore the door and phone with a clear conscience. I know the dogs and PD still need to be dealt with, but it's a start! (Could anyone take the dogs for you just for the weekend?)

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
cherpep

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »

Caller ID - that way you won't have to answer those sales calls, but can if it's someone else like your family.

Oh - and don't answer the door.  There's nothing saying you have to!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 02:50:32 PM »

Kickstart, you are singing my song!  It is a vicious cycle.  Can't sleep at night, even with Ambien.   Then I am in such a bad mood in the morning.  Some nights I am up throwing up, some times just can't fall asleep.  Last night, my dog was crying. His hips had gone out and all he could do was lie there and cry.  So, I spent a couple of hours sitting with him.    And, bless his heart, my husband doesn't quite get the level of tired I am at.  When I am that worn out, I don't even want to talk to anyone. And I find I can be snappy/grouchy too.  Glad it isn't just me, but sorry you are going through this.  Hope it gets better for you. :cuddle;

Cherpep, sleep pants and tshirts are my best friends!!   It feels so good to change into them and occasionally to not get out of them all day.  My sister never worn sleep pants, but I convinced her to give up her nightgowns and try them.  You can answer the door in them, get the mail and still feel presentable.  She now wears them all the time!   I think I hear mine calling me right now!!

Romona, you doing ok? Try to get some rest! :cuddle;  

Kickstart, I am good at not answering the phone or the door if I want to rest.  I do have caller ID, so if I am expecting a call, I can answer it.  I'll be thinking of you

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 07:59:04 PM »

I know how you feel. All I can give you is a group hug!   :grouphug;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 08:24:51 PM »

Paris, I am fine. Just a little fussy. I need some sleep. Having narcolepsy doesn't help much either. It takes awhile to wind down from holiday excitement.  :bunny:
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 12:30:41 AM »

Caller ID is a good idea and it's free now in UK. Also you can register with the telephone preference scheme to stop cold callers sellgin stuff, it takes a few weeks to get rid of them all but it works. See http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/ .  I also have a sticker on my door saying "We do not buy from or sell to Callers at the Door", the local Police and trading standards here supply them but you can easily make one and stick in in the door (if it has glass) or window near the door, or window near the door (or if you want to pm me with your address I can get one and send it to you, although it says West Mercia Police on it).  Won't help you go to sleep but might stop you being woken so often.
Take care.  :bunny:
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 05:46:49 AM »

Thanks  everyone   i have caller ID and dont answer the door if im not expecting anyone , but my problem is , that if im just dozing off and the phone or door goes i just cant get back to sleep! Im sure my phone and door bell are connected to my bed !! Because every time i get it in it , one or the other goes !! Yet if im up all day , tired out but not in bed ..nothing ! Sod's Law isnt it !

cherpep

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 05:59:50 AM »

Kickstart - when I worked midnights and had to sleep during the day, I would put a fan in my room on its highest speed.  I didn't have it blowing on me, but the constant hum was a white noise that helped block all the noises of the day.  It was better for me than music or television, because I tended to focus on those things and it would keep me awake.  The fan worked for me.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 06:21:10 AM »

KICKSTART, I wish I could wave a wand and help you out. I can give you a  :big hug: I don't even have any words of wisdom to give you. Hell, I'm not even the ESRD patient and I have a terrible time sleeping and can really be a bitc-, short fused manic. I'm not a nap taker unless I am sick. Len is having a horrible time with sleeping, which I am going to talk to the doctor on Friday about. He is up all night peeing (at least 2500), he is very grateful to be peeing up a storm but you know how you feel when your sleep gets broken up like that. I even asked him the other night to use a  :Kit n Stik; on me to knock me out. Sleeping pills only seems to work for me about 2-3 hours and then they wear off (what's the deal with that), then I get up and most times will go outside on the deck and smoke a cigarette and then try laying back down. It seems to be a vicious circle. If you happen upon a solution, please let us know.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 08:00:26 AM »

Just another thought but can you use ear plugs - or are you alone and afraid of not hearing if the house sets fire (I know I would be) - if someone else is in the house then you could try plugs - or listening to a relaxation tape on an iPod or similar may send you off.  Wish we could be more help but if we all send a hug perhaps that will make you feel better, still tired but a bit happier?  Here's one from me  :big hug: and one from thebunny  :bunny:
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 09:09:56 AM »

W&W....... yeah thats another problem i have , im up and down all night going to the loo ! In fact i go more through the nght than i do all day !!

Rose .....earplugs are usefull i guess , yes i am on my own , but i think i need to give my ear plugs to the dogs to stop them barking at all the noises  :rofl; Trouble is they jump on the bed to tell me when they hear something or they give me big kisses , i think they are telling me they want to go out ..!

paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 09:41:51 AM »

Turn the ringer off on your phone and disconnect the doorbell. If someone really wants to get a hold of you via the door, they can knock. I hope things get better soon!  :cuddle;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Slywalker

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 05:04:38 AM »

You have a lot of advice above - I hope some of it works.  My favorite is disconnecting the phone or turn off the ringer.  and, if there is a doorbell pull the wire out!!!  :bandance;   
Some tea, nice comfy recliner?  Dog at your feet?  Maybe some slow music plugged into your ears or white noise as suggested.  Yeah, prime sleeping time.

Good luck getting some shut eye.

Sandyb

Deanne
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 07:58:59 AM »

Can someone come and get the dogs for a day? I have a houseful of animals, too and sometimes it's just too much! I wish I could send them off to someone else for a while so I could have the house to myself for a few hours. It's really hard to always see to their needs.

Deanne

1972: Diagnosed with "chronic kidney disease" (no specific diagnosis)
1994: Diagnosed with FSGS
September 2011: On transplant list with 15 - 20% function
September 2013: ~7% function. Started PD dialysis
February 11, 2014: Transplant from deceased donor. Creatinine 0.57 on 2/13/2014
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 08:45:32 AM »

Thanks all , phone i can sort, door i can sort, my dogs sadly no !!!! Hehe and if i could i wouldnt sleep for worrying about them!

rookiegirl

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 11:21:36 AM »

Funny that I came across this thread today because I'm really feeling irritable.  I just called my husband at work a few minutes ago screaming "where is my watering can!!!" It's time to water my house plants and darn it I can't find the stupid can  :rant;  Someone moved it from where it should be.  Not only did I yell at my hubby but also snapped at my oldest child.  Finally found that darn can and now I feel really bad for being irritable.

Maybe there is something in the air.  I can't understand why when it's about 80 degrees outside and full of sunshine and birds singing.  You would think I should feel JOLLY.  Fat chance  >:( >:(

2000-Diagnosed IGA Nephropathy
2002-1st biopsy (complications)
2004-2nd biopsy
10/03/07-Tenckhoff Catheter Placement
10/22/07-Started Peritoneal Dialysis
03/2008-Transplant team meeting
04/2008-Transplant workup
05/2008-Active Transplant list
3/20/09-Cadaver Kidney Transplant
4/07/09-Tenckhoff Catheter removed
4/20/09-New kidney biopsy
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »

I go through stages where sleep eludes me.
I know it's important to have a set routine as much as possible. I force myself not take naps, although I will lay down and rest.
Sometimes I get so fed up I'll reach for an ambian. Maybe try to see if not napping will help. It may be hard at first, but finally you
may become so exhausted hopefully you will finally sleep.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 12:06:20 AM »

just read this and I am up at this hour, can not go back to sleep   2:01 am
a few minutes ago Flip was the only other member on
now it is Gramapat ---- 2 of us out of 2018
if anything wakes me up, that is that for the night
I am a light sleeper
and I also take a pill
but two pills make me feel worse the next day and I still can not go back to sleep
warm milk---- please, milk makes me vomit in any form
sheep---- there aren't enough sheep to count --- I count for hours and hours
reading a book--- never works
I try not to be cranky but----
LEAVE ME ALONE AND GET OUT OF MY ROOM
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 01:07:07 AM »

I am up tonight late because my tummy is upset.  Must have been something I ate yesterday or today.  I should make a cup of tea.  Instead I am writing my entry to the dream contest Kidney Times is having.  Hey Twirl!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 01:29:22 AM »

did we eat the same thing
my tummy is giving me heck
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »