I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:29:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Thoughts on aakp
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on aakp  (Read 4666 times)
dialysta

« on: June 30, 2006, 02:27:12 PM »

I notice you link to the aakp but not other groups ... are you involved in the aakp or support their activities/approach?

What is it that you like about the aakp?

I saw this thread
http://www.dialysisethics.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5537#5537
... seems about right.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 02:32:12 PM »

I notice you link to the aakp but not other groups ... are you involved in the aakp or support their activities/approach?

What is it that you like about the aakp?

I saw this thread
http://www.dialysisethics.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5537#5537
... seems about right.

Nothing really, I just added some links when I was building the links section. I am in no way affiliated with them nor am I involved or support their activites. In fact after I research this some more, I may delete the link to them.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
dialysta

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 02:46:50 PM »

It seems like they're just a hoax ...  or some kind of ponzi scheme designed to milk the renal corporations out of money which they use to put out banal magazines and hold expensive parties conventions once a year.  And now they've decided to spend money on Washington DC lobbyists.

I should confess though that I hate the word patient and would never join an association of patients and that rules out Davita Patient Citizens too ... not that it was ever in the running.

I kinda like the Renal Support Network http://www.rsnhope.org/ they're doing a weekly podcast http://www.rsnhope.org/programs/kidney_talk3.php.

I like the podcasts because they have public service style announcements instead of commercials.  Epoman you should volunteer to be the subject of a show.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 04:11:19 PM »

It seems like they're just a hoax ...  or some kind of ponzi scheme designed to milk the renal corporations out of money which they use to put out banal magazines and hold expensive parties conventions once a year.  And now they've decided to spend money on Washington DC lobbyists.

I should confess though that I hate the word patient and would never join an association of patients and that rules out Davita Patient Citizens too ... not that it was ever in the running.

I kinda like the Renal Support Network http://www.rsnhope.org/ they're doing a weekly podcast http://www.rsnhope.org/programs/kidney_talk3.php.

I like the podcasts because they have public service style announcements instead of commercials.  Epoman you should volunteer to be the subject of a show.

Yeah right Lori would never have me, she probally thinks I'm to negative if she only knew the truth. But it's ok I have a BIG surprise coming soon that is going to make this site really get noticed. shhhhhh it's a secret, a big secret. I will post about it soon. STAY TUNED!

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 04:18:56 PM »

AAKP link removed added Renal Support Network instead.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 09:04:49 PM »

More secrets???? Aaaaugh!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
girlfriend

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 03:49:29 AM »

Secret? someone mention secret??

LOL  Love SECRETS

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff........
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 05:10:59 AM »

Yeah right Lori would never have me, she probally thinks I'm to negative if she only knew the truth. But it's ok I have a BIG surprise coming soon that is going to make this site really get noticed. shhhhhh it's a secret, a big secret. I will post about it soon. STAY TUNED!

- Epoman

Epoman, I have met Lori in person and even though she might think you are negative with how she gives talks all over North America (that is not just the United States but Canada too) lifting up our spirits and gving supportive talks on how to deal day by day with dialysis and renal disease, she does understand what it is like to feel the negativity set in with being sick since she was 2 years old. She knows so well how to turn negatives into positives and Epoman, I have to say you have done that yourself here! Don't sell yourself short! I think she would be interested in your story, especially talking about this site! I have been to many sites myself, and I am a harsh judge that takes everything to heart and I have to say, I am impressed with what you have done here so far!

Anyway, I don't know what you have planned but I will be here when the big surprise is unvieled :) The only reason I won't be is if I get called for a transplant! ;)

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Mom3

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 08:20:50 PM »

My spouse and I once attended an AAKP convention and found it helpful...and the party part was encouraging in a way. There is life after dialysis!

Is having lobbyists a bad thing? Doesn't someone need to fight for funding etc?

Maybe I am really naive about the organization??? There must be reasons if everyone else is so negative...and by the way>What are thoughts on the PKD foundation?

Thanks,
Mom 3

Sickness is a hindrance to the body, but not to the will, unless the will consent.
Epictetus
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »