I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:18:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  how long can one live on dialysis?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: how long can one live on dialysis?  (Read 35970 times)
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 03:07:59 PM »

Angie, you have the right to your point of view. Thank you for encouraging me.
CooL! Thank you  :D

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 03:50:52 PM »

Bajanne, It isnt important how long we are going to live on dialysis, the important thing is HOW we live while we are on dialysis.  Enjoy life (although i know it may be hard to do at times) but we can be told we can live 20 or maybe 40  years on dialysis and get in a car accident tomorrow and that last precious  day was wasted wondering "how long are we going to or how long can we live on dialysis"  Everyone has there own opinions on how long we can but there is only ONE person who can truly tell us that answer and that is God.                     Amen

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 04:45:42 PM »

And to that, I repeat - AMEN!!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
sandman

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 05:44:22 PM »

I second that.  Sometimes, you just need to stop thinking, how long can I live like this?  And just live life as best you can.  Of course, if you don't care for you own well being, who else will?
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 05:47:21 PM »

I third that (does that even make sense)!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 06:36:22 PM by angieskidney » Logged

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Panda_9

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 08:18:04 PM »

I wish I could work from home. There just isnt anything available that I know of. 99% of the "work from home" jobs are scams and they are plastered everywhere here.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 09:39:43 PM »

I'm starting to feel as if my posts are all wrong ... my mom always told that to me .. that I have a purpose .. but we all have a purpose. I don't believe  there is a single person who does NOT have a purpose .. thus everyone does .. thus of COURSE everyone has a right to be happy. It was just supposed to be damned encouraging .. but crap .. I am getting very discouraged lately about me posting at all ..

Angie, don't take what "Padster" said to heart. I to felt like him, why me? why was I meant to suffer? well here I am 13 years later and I am owner/admin of a dialysis site that gets more posts per day than ANY other dialysis related site on the net. I could never have done this if I have never walked down this road. And I honestly can say I would do it all over again, if I were given a choice, this is my fate and I accept it and I finally decided to take charge and make a difference in my life and others. This site has given me what I have been missing in my life. "Padster" still needs to find his path.  :) But don't get me wrong I still hate this damn disease. Oh and angie, your posts are fine.  :)

To "Padster": do not get me wrong, I am not talking against you, it is your right to come on this board like everyone else and speak your mind.  :)

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 09:47:24 PM »

Eopman!  What a crock!  You could have been Bill Gates and because of this disease you missed out!  You would choose this again over what?  You don't know what you could have been. 

Would I chose this again?  Hell NO!  It ruined my life and now I'm stuck on Life Support. 

Where is Kevno!  >:D

Panda_9

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 09:57:17 PM »

I would not of met my fiance or got a degree if I didnt have kidney failure. Im not saying I like having it though, it sux big time.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 10:02:33 PM »

I would not of met my fiance or got a degree if I didn't have kidney failure. I'm not saying I like having it though, it sux big time.

Just think of the HUNK you would have met if you would have been Healthy!  Maybe you would have received your PhD!

Don't settle just because you are SICK. 

"Oh, ghee I wouldn't have lost my $70,000 a year job and learned to 'garden' if not for dialysis"  YIPEEE  >:D

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 10:18:05 PM »

Ummm Rerun,  Who said that Amber's fiance ISN'T a hunk, he might be to her, i dont think that is fair for you to take something that she is proud of and tell her "if you werent sick"  I am sorry, i am just voicing my opinion here.

Amber. i am happy you found someone, and if it took having ESRD to find him so be it. It doesnt matter if your sick or healthy as long as you have someone to love and someone loves you back,  Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all...........

www.kidneyoogle.com
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006, 10:22:52 PM »

Maybe you're right.  I think I'll go find some homeless boyfriend!  That should brighten up my life!

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2006, 10:27:29 PM »

Now why would you go and say something like that???  Wow,  i am sorry your so angry.

www.kidneyoogle.com
sandman

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2006, 10:44:48 PM »

Rerun, you know, I can understand why some people are so unhappy with having been robed of their lives because of an unfortunate circumstance.  I lost a prosperous business because the Philadelphia civic association did not want a automotive/motorcycle rapair shop in their part of town.  Sure, everyone has a lot of what if's and maybe's but the fact remains, everyone must make do with whatever hand they are dealt.  Who's to say that your life would have been better if what chain of events that lead you to where you are now, never happened?  Life has a lot of crazy twists and turns and well.... sometimes they just don't go as planed.  I may not be happy with where I am now but I am at least thankful to god that I am still alive and healthy, still have a roof over my head and food on the table and have someone special in my life that cares for me very much.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2006, 10:45:34 PM »

Well, Come ON!

"I would not have met my fiance or got my degree if it weren't for kidney failure"  (Oh, thank you LORD)

I've done a lot of things and met a lot of people that I could DO without because of kidney failure (aka, Social Workers, Techs)!  Come ON!  

How about "I met my fiance and got my degree despite kidney failure"  DESPITE this F**ing disease that has ruined my whole life!

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 10:50:01 PM »

Rerun, you know, I can understand why some people are so unhappy with having been robed of their lives because of an unfortunate circumstance.  I lost a prosperous business because the Philadelphia civic association did not want a automotive/motorcycle rapair shop in their part of town.  Sure, everyone has a lot of what if's and maybe's but the fact remains, everyone must make do with whatever hand they are dealt.  Who's to say that your life would have been better if what chain of events that lead you to where you are now, never happened?  Life has a lot of crazy twists and turns and well.... sometimes they just don't go as planed.  I may not be happy with where I am now but I am at least thankful to god that I am still alive and healthy, still have a roof over my head and food on the table and have someone special in my life that cares for me very much.

What a revelation!  Ya think?  Need I remind you that "you are healthy?"  And since you and Angie (sick since birth) are so happy why aren't you together?  Maybe because of "insurance" and "money" and on and on because she is still sick (since birth)!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:53:20 PM by Rerun » Logged

sandman

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 10:50:52 PM »

Well, you can try looking at it this way.

No matter how miserable you think your life is, that there is someone out there much less fortunate then you.

What a revelation!  Ya think?  Need I remind you that "you are healthy?"  And since you are Angie (sick since birth) are so happy why aren't you together?  Maybe because of "insurance" and "money" and on and on because she is still sick (since birth)!!

Need I remind you that your still alive?

Angie and I live 600 miles apart and live in different countries.  I would like for us to be together but something like this does take a lot of planing.  It's not all about the money but it does play a pretty big role in it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:56:38 PM by sandmansa » Logged
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2006, 10:58:40 PM »

OMG!  Pity Potty!  Yes, I don't have leprosy or Polio.  Only dialysis.  Kidney failure.  Lucky Me! 

I'm not feeling sorry for myself.  I just can't stand here and listen to people counting their "blessings" over what dialysis has brought them.  MY GOD!  Were you that bad off that dialysis was a step UP in life?  I lost my life.  I did not gain anything except I'm still breathing. 

I need to start a new site called:  "ireallyhatedialysis.com"  Because you guys are a bunch of wimps!

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 11:04:34 PM »

I beg your pardon, I AM NOT A WIMP.... Who and/or what gives you the right to sit there and tell US, what we are and what we are supposed to feel?   So freaken what??  If we are happy and content with the hand we were dealt SO FREAKEN WHAT????  it is not your problem, it is MINE... Dont sit there and call me or anyone else names just cuz your so "freaken mad" at the world for what you have!!!   DEAL WITH IT,,, IT'S ALL YOU CAN DO GIRLFRIEND

www.kidneyoogle.com
sandman

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2006, 11:13:30 PM »

I just can't stand here and listen to people counting their "blessings" over what dialysis has brought them.  MY GOD!  Were you that bad off that dialysis was a step UP in life?

I think that these people are counting their blessings ( as you so quaintly put it ) because dialysis ( as horrible as it maybe ) saved their lives.  And quite frankly, if it wasn't for that fact then living life tied to a machine could be thought of as better then dying.  For people in that position, I would think that it takes a lot of curage to keep going, knowing what the future could hold.  I wouldn't go as far as calling a dialysis patient a wimp, in fact, I would say they are braver then I.
Panda_9

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2006, 11:42:07 PM »

I am just so offended that I dont even want to comment.
sandman

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2006, 11:46:09 PM »

I am just so offended that I dont even want to comment.

By whom?
Panda_9

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2006, 11:47:41 PM »

Isnt is obvious who?
sandman

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2006, 11:57:43 PM »

Yeah well, im not condoning that kind of outburst but that is the general purpose of the forum, is it not?  To voice ones hatred of dialysis?  I just hope I didn't offend anyone with my comments.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2006, 12:07:37 AM »

Yeah well, im not condoning that kind of outburst but that is the general purpose of the forum, is it not?  To voice ones hatred of dialysis?  I just hope I didn't offend anyone with my comments.

NO, it is not the general purpose of this forum, the general purpose of this forum is to get the "TRUTH" from fellow patients. Rant and venting is just a bonus.  ;D

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »