I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:35:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  New Center
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Center  (Read 3627 times)
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« on: December 23, 2007, 12:20:31 PM »

i'm visiting my parents again this christmas and the center i usually go to when i'm here is full this time and couldn't take me. i have to use a center in the next town over, about 10 miles. so even though it's fresenius (like at home) i was a little apprehensive. they are only open mwf, not a problem. but only had space 3rd shift. not happy with that. finally found out my time was scheduled at 1pm. not as much of a problem as it could have been. got there on friday and found that it's a rather small center, only 14 chairs. every one seemed very friendly, ok, 1 point to the good. the chairs are different than i'm used to. but turned out to be extremely comfortable. actually softer that what i have at home. point 2.  and something that you just aren't going to believe. if someone told me this i would think they made it up! the chairs are HEATED!!!! yep, you heard me right. it works something like a heated car seat. all chairs should come with this feature, none of us would ever be cold again.! when the tech started setting me up she asked what is your estimated dry weight. the first person ever to realize that weight isn't a constant, finite figure. what a concept! i always have them turn the machine so i don't have to stand on my head to know what's going on, most people don't. as each of the techs came around to check things, they told the other patients how much time was left and what their last blood pressued was. we'll see what happens on monday, but i've already decided that ALL centers should run this way.

merry christmas to everyone   :christmastree;  :santahat; :rudolph;

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 01:40:59 PM »

Hi,

So happy for you that you found the unit to be so
nice.  Hubby and I were also concerned when we went
to see daughter in N Carolina, but that clinic proved to be
good, also.
Heated chairs, Wow!!!  Don't we wish that all units had
those!  Enjoy your visit with your folks.

Anne :christmastree;
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 05:06:44 PM »

Sounds like my kind of centre!  Not heated chairs though - I would like cooled chairs!   They don't seem to like us to see the machine.  I have to use a mirror (something I learnt from another patient).

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 07:00:16 PM »

Oh man, no way, HEATED chairs??  What difference that would make!!  I think these centers make enough to afford heated chairs, and then for them to be comfy on top of that, i would say that would be a plus all the way around, so glad you had a good experience grammalady  :clap;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 10:51:44 AM »

Sounds like my kind of centre!  Not heated chairs though - I would like cooled chairs!   They don't seem to like us to see the machine.  I have to use a mirror (something I learnt from another patient).

i think you have a right to be able to see, read and understand the machine. i've never had any trouble wherever i've been with them turning the machine when they are through with it so that i can see it. and i've always asked questions about it and gotten answers.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »