I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:20:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  considering giving up dialysis treatment
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: considering giving up dialysis treatment  (Read 36936 times)
Padster

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2006, 10:14:26 AM »

OK Epoman, some pointers for you.

I won't apologise to you because I found your comments offensive and confrontational. I accept that this might be your 'style' of communicating with people, but really, it doesn't work in the real world. Its kind of like those people who state: "I say what I want and to hell with what anyone thinks. If they can't take the truth, then tough"

"So not only are you a coward but you're selfish"

Ooh, how awful. The poor guy mustn't think about himself must he? No, he must be the 'brave little soldier' and put his feelings on hold lest they upset someone. Yeah, bottle it up. After all, only HE is going through all this stuff.

"IF you ALREADY have a child then you really are a selfish person and you REALLY suck HARD, so please stop dialysis NOW!   LOSER"

Not content with calling the guy selfish and accusing him of cowardice, you now add insult to injury by calling him a loser. Ooh, big tough Epoman. We must all be wimps compared to you. Is it so bad not to want to go through all this crap? After all, there are people out there hurting other people and causing pain and distress yet they are in perfect health (and don't bring up that God-plan crap again please...let it die)

"If not, STOP feeling sorry for yourself and get your shit in order"

Nice. And you tell ME I have a filthy mouth....

No Epo, I wil NOT apologise to you personally. And you can ban me if it gives you pleasure.

Best wishes,
Padster

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2006, 11:50:48 AM »

OK Epoman, some pointers for you.

I won't apologise to you because I found your comments offensive and confrontational. I accept that this might be your 'style' of communicating with people, but really, it doesn't work in the real world. Its kind of like those people who state: "I say what I want and to hell with what anyone thinks. If they can't take the truth, then tough"

"So not only are you a coward but you're selfish"

Ooh, how awful. The poor guy mustn't think about himself must he? No, he must be the 'brave little soldier' and put his feelings on hold lest they upset someone. Yeah, bottle it up. After all, only HE is going through all this stuff.

"IF you ALREADY have a child then you really are a selfish person and you REALLY suck HARD, so please stop dialysis NOW!   LOSER"

Not content with calling the guy selfish and accusing him of cowardice, you now add insult to injury by calling him a loser. Ooh, big tough Epoman. We must all be wimps compared to you. Is it so bad not to want to go through all this crap? After all, there are people out there hurting other people and causing pain and distress yet they are in perfect health (and don't bring up that God-plan crap again please...let it die)

"If not, STOP feeling sorry for yourself and get your shit in order"

No Epo, I wil NOT apologise to you personally. And you can ban me if it gives you pleasure.

Best wishes,
Padster

You just don't get it, EVEN after his wife comes in this thread and defends my actions. It is not my "Style" but tough love has been proven to work.

That's right he is newly married and when you get married you become one emotionally with that person, there is a bond. So NO he can't just think of himself and be selfish his actions NOW affect his wife plus others.

That's right I would have said anything to make him think twice. The rest of your comments are just ridiculous.

I said you had a filthy mouth? I believe those are your words.

My pleasure, You are BANNED not because of your comments but because of your lack of respect to a fellow member. Your own words "No Epo, I wil NOT apologise to you personally" and you know the rules and you were given a chance.

(Email of this reply sent to Padster at his email address since you will not be able to view it, he is BANNED)

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2006, 01:07:26 PM »

Banned!!  I agree.  It is ridiculous to tell one person to not say what is on his mind when that person is doing the same thing.  He must be a democrat!

kevno

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2006, 05:51:10 PM »

I agree, Padster did overstep the mark. Plus deserved to be banned. What I can not understand why he did it on a old thread that had already been sorted out :-\ Crazy!

Plus I always thought you were a democrat Rerun ::)

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2006, 05:55:46 PM »

Most people think I'm a liberal democrat.  All my friends seem to be liberal democrats.  HELP!  What am I doing wrong!

I'm as consertive as they come.  I listen to Rush Limbough!  The man cracks me up and is right most of the time. 

Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2006, 06:01:40 PM »

I listen to Rush Limbough!

I'm sorry. LOL

It's not easy being green.
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2006, 06:03:36 PM »

Well, doesn't that make me a "Conservative" Republican?  GEEZ!  How much more can I say!   ;D

Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2006, 06:06:36 PM »

Well, doesn't that make me a "Conservative" Republican?  GEEZ!  How much more can I say!   ;D

Nope that says it all.

It's not easy being green.
kevno

« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2006, 06:15:31 PM »

I'm keeping quiet :)

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2006, 06:57:11 PM »

I'm keeping quiet :)

Me too. Wow.  :o

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Panda_9

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2006, 08:56:43 PM »

Id rather we talk about what we are here for, not fight like school kids
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2006, 10:32:34 PM »

Nope that says it all.

New Topic in "Off Topic"   ;)

LT514

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2006, 04:08:22 PM »

You will die unless you get a transplant. If you deliberately know this and go off dialysis, you are, in essence, committing suicide. Dialysis is not fun. However, it is not the end of the world. One thing you have to remember -- unlike with liver, heart, or lung failure - kidney failure can be treated. You (and everyone who has this) will always have Chronic Kidney Disease. Transplant and Dialysis are only treatments. Do not do this to yourself. Life is too good to quit - even when 12-20 hours per weeks are used. Epoman was right with his response.

Leslie Taylor
1989 - Diagnosed with ESRD/CKD; began PD
1991 - Transplant from my mom
3/2000 - Transplant rejection, began in-center hemo
8/2000 - Deceased donor transplant #2
11/2003 - Rejection
07/2005: Deceased donor transplant #3 - R.I.P Steven Ecklid
04/2007: Graduated with an MSW
10/2007: Began working as dialysis social worker

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt

I will get by, I will survive - Grateful Dead
thom

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2006, 02:09:43 AM »

i've thought about stopping dialysis millions of times but then i do some paintings/drawings which helps get my emotions out alot better..the more people who see it the less it's mine.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2006, 01:19:57 PM »

i've thought about stopping dialysis millions of times but then i do some paintings/drawings which helps get my emotions out alot better..the more people who see it the less it's mine.

NICE! Do you have a digital camera? Maybe you could post some pictures of your paintings in Off-Topic and SHOW THE WORLD!  :o

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Budman

« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2006, 11:01:23 AM »

I'm with epoman on this one as well. You know my aunt was on CAPD and she stopped it, just like you want to do, she left behind a husband and two kids, not to mention her 3 grandchildren, you don't know who you will hurt until you do but by then its to late because you can't come back from the dead! If you only had yourself I would say do whatever you feel like doing, but epoman is right, your not living for just you anymore, I didn't like it when I failed, shit I was only 18. But ever since I have a lovely wife and a brand new baby girl, sure your life is different and may even suck sometimes, but that doesn't mean it's over!
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2006, 11:17:34 AM »

I'm with epoman on this one as well. You know my aunt was on CAPD and she stopped it, just like you want to do, she left behind a husband and two kids, not to mention her 3 grandchildren, you don't know who you will hurt until you do but by then its to late because you can't come back from the dead! If you only had yourself I would say do whatever you feel like doing, but epoman is right, your not living for just you anymore, I didn't like it when I failed, shit I was only 18. But ever since I have a lovely wife and a brand new baby girl, sure your life is different and may even suck sometimes, but that doesn't mean it's over!
Very well said Budman!!  :2thumbsup;

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2006, 11:05:40 PM »

That is why I haven't remarried.  I don't want to hurt anyone and really don't want to be a burdon on anyone. 

I also don't want to become one giant fistula.  People will go to all lengths to stay alive on dialysis.  Fistulas coming out their groin or back.  I won't do that.   :(

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2006, 11:09:34 PM »

Me neither, Rerun.  The doc will have to talk long and hard to put anything anywhere else but in an  arm.  What are they thinking? How can you live a comfortable life with fistulas or grafts everywhere.  Shheez!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
sandman

« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2006, 03:02:49 AM »

That is why I haven't remarried.  I don't want to hurt anyone and really don't want to be a burdon on anyone. 

I also don't want to become one giant fistula.  People will go to all lengths to stay alive on dialysis.  Fistulas coming out their groin or back.  I won't do that.   :(

That pretty sad rerun but I can't find any real fault in your logic.  What I can't help but wonder is, just how lonely you must feel?
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2006, 01:57:47 AM »

I'd rather be a little lonely than a LOT rejected.

I do fine.  I have lots of friends and family, but not a husband or kids to tell me what to do.  My brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews know better than to try, and Mom and Dad are dead.   ;)

Panda_9

« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2006, 02:07:59 AM »

I couldnt cope without my other half.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2006, 02:23:57 AM »

I couldnt cope without my other half.

QFT

(Quoted For Truth)

Seriously, I was very lucky to get married before I was struck with this disease. My wife is the most supportive person in the world.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Panda_9

« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2006, 02:30:46 AM »

I mert my other half after I found out my kidney was rejecting. I told him all about it before we even got together. I doubt he knew how much was going to be involved but he has stuck by me and I know he loves me no matter what. He was only 21 when I met him, and I was surprised it didnt scare him off, being so young. He is just as sick of it all as I am. I just want to be able to work so we can buy a house and have kids. It does put strain on your relationship though, but I love him to bits and dont regret getting involved with someone at all.
MelissaJean

it's better to find peace than understanding

« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2006, 02:45:13 AM »

Being newly single with kidney failure is kind of daunting sometimes.  I usually enjoy being single, but lately I have wanted some kind of love relationship.  My only family is my mom who has terminal cancer, and right now my friends are so supportive, but they are also really busy with their lives, and they aren't even married yet with families. 

I guess I don't worry about being a burden on someone because I know the extents I would go to for someone I love. 

UUUgghh...I don't know how I would be able to work a full time job and not have someone living with me to help out on those hard days.

I would normally say that I would go to any extent to live, but lately I am not so sure. I could see myself one day, if I became a burden, or extremely sick, or unable to financially survive... I might pull the plug.

~Melissa~

"just run with me through rows of speeding cars"

- Born with Cystic Fibrosis
- Received double lung transplant 11/9/2001
- Complications from transplant:  Diabetes, Kidney Failure
- Started dialysis 6/6/06
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »