I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:21:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Medical Breakthroughs
| | |-+  Renal Solutions Announces Collaborative Agreement with Innovative BioTherapie
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Renal Solutions Announces Collaborative Agreement with Innovative BioTherapie  (Read 7756 times)
Zach
Elite Member

"Still crazy after all these years."

« on: October 10, 2007, 03:30:19 PM »

Renal Solutions Announces Collaborative Agreement with Innovative BioTherapies

-- Data Will Provide Due Diligence Necessary for Future Development of a Wearable Renal Replacement Device --

WARRENDALE, PA August 27, 2007 – Renal Solutions, Inc., the exclusive provider of Advanced Sorbent Therapy™ products and services for the treatment of chronic and acute renal failure, announces the signing of a collaborative agreement with Innovative BioTherapies, Inc. (IBT) and the University of Michigan for development of a wearable renal replacement device.

Through the terms of the agreement, Renal Solutions and David Humes, M.D. of IBT will explore the ways that sorbent therapy from Renal Solutions, which uses just six liters of drinking water to deliver a full dialysis treatment, can be combined with the stem cell technologies of Innovative BioTherapies and the University of Michigan to ultimately develop a highly portable, wearable device for renal replacement. This exploration will allow for IBT to use the Allient® Sorbent Hemodialysis System for evaluating the effectiveness of providing continuous dialytic therapy. Using animal models, the collaboration will further evaluate the metabolic consequences of a renal tubule cell device, including measurement of inflammatory response. The data resulting from these studies will greatly assist both companies in moving forward with plans for a wearable renal replacement device.

“We are very pleased to be working with Dr. Humes to combine the benefits of sorbent therapy with the exciting possibilities of the bioartificial kidney,” said Peter M. DeComo, Chairman and CEO of Renal Solutions. “The convergence of sorbent technology’s ability to use small amounts of drinking water with the breakthrough technology provided by living renal cells presents exciting possibilities for the miniaturization and development of a portable, wearable device,” Mr. DeComo stated.
“Cell-based therapies show tremendous potential for revolutionizing renal replacement therapy,” said Dr. Humes, President of IBT and professor of internal medicine at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. “The low water requirement of RSI’s dialysis technology combined with renal cells makes the prospect of a portable, wearable bioartificial kidney for full renal replacement therapy feasible,” he added.

http://www.renalsolutionsinc.com/home/newsandevents.html

Uninterrupted in-center (self-care) hemodialysis since 1982 -- 34 YEARS on March 3, 2016 !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No transplant.  Not yet, anyway.  Only decided to be listed on 11/9/06. Inactive at the moment.  ;)
I make films.

Just the facts: 70.0 kgs. (about 154 lbs.)
Treatment: Tue-Thur-Sat   5.5 hours, 2x/wk, 6 hours, 1x/wk
Dialysate flow (Qd)=600;  Blood pump speed(Qb)=315
Fresenius Optiflux-180 filter--without reuse
Fresenius 2008T dialysis machine
My KDOQI Nutrition (+/ -):  2,450 Calories, 84 grams Protein/day.

"Living a life, not an apology."
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 06:23:47 PM »

Very cool or as my old friend Charlie Bulinda would say...groovy!
kruep

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 01:16:33 AM »

It's me again, kruep
I've been to the Renal Solutions office and have seen the Allient.  It is amazing!!!!! I got to know all of the folks that work up there as well.  They have a great team.  I can't wait to see what happens with them.  Everyone who wants to do home hemo needs to watch for this machine to come out!!!!
Treasure

Dialysis Schmalysis!

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 03:59:29 AM »

Hello there. I just finished my eighth week of training on the Allient machine, by Renal Solutions. I will not have to do 8 weeks at home. The set up for the machine takes about 1.5-2 hours...and the run is 6 hours long-- but it's only three days a week. I do find that I feel some better, but we'll see if I improve over the long-term.

If anyone has any questions about my use of the Allient...ask away.

You may worship me anytime you like... go ahead...bow down.  Now! Ok, I'm hungry, go get the grapes.  What? They're not chilled. You're useless! Ok...I'll forgive you...this time hehehe
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 10:07:10 AM »

That's great Treasure, and its nice to see you posting again!  :waving;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 02:21:51 AM »

Hello there. I just finished my eighth week of training on the Allient machine, by Renal Solutions. I will not have to do 8 weeks at home. The set up for the machine takes about 1.5-2 hours...and the run is 6 hours long-- but it's only three days a week. I do find that I feel some better, but we'll see if I improve over the long-term.

How is it working out?

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 01:04:52 PM »

This is the company that Fresenius just bought out.  Let us know if you notice any changes for the better or worse.  I am curious to see how much they try to develop this seemingly wonderful technology.

It's not easy being green.
Treasure

Dialysis Schmalysis!

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 09:00:52 AM »

Greetings... I won't be able to keep tabs on Renal Solutions because I left the trial after initial 16 weeks. There were a lot of problems with my Allient machine and the treatments take way more time than I and my son (who was my helper) had to devote to dialysis. If I hear anything, though, I'll be sure to post it here.

You may worship me anytime you like... go ahead...bow down.  Now! Ok, I'm hungry, go get the grapes.  What? They're not chilled. You're useless! Ok...I'll forgive you...this time hehehe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »