I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  Hello
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3577 times)
Panda_9

« on: May 11, 2006, 09:57:10 PM »

Hi, Ive just joined and looking forward to reading and participating in this forum. I used to be a sound speller, but since becoming addicted to chatting, forums, and the internet in general, my spelling has suffered! See you all in the forums
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 11:22:19 PM »

Hi, Ive just joined and looking forward to reading and participating in this forum. I used to be a sound speller, but since becoming addicted to chatting, forums, and the internet in general, my spelling has suffered! See you all in the forums

Um, welcome  ??? Are you a dialysis patient? How long? What types of dialysis? Age? Location? This section is for us to get to know you, not just literally "say hi"  ::)

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Panda_9

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 06:29:58 AM »

Sorry I was going to get to that. I was late and I was going to bed. Don't roll your eyes at me, thats rude.
I am on home nocturnal, been on hemo for about 18 months, been at home since august last year. Was on PD before that, worst experience of my life. Might talk about that bit later on, as again its late and I'm late going on the machine. I am in Australia and I'm 26. I too hate dialysis, but its part of my life so we just have to deal with it.
I started out getting kidney failure in my early teens, ended up on PD for 9 months. Then not long before I was going to start hemo, I got a transplant. The transplant worked perfectly for 7 years. Then I started to get very tired all the time, but it took 2 years before I was showing signs of the transplant failing. It failed completely after 9.5 years. I chose to go onto PD, as I didn't want to do hemo. BIG mistake. I was a sick as a dog for over 6 months, literally every day with my head in a bucket. After waiting ages I finally got a permacath after begging for one, so I could get some decent treatment. Then permacath got infected so back on PD to wait to get a fistula. Got sick as a dog again, same thing with the bucket, and many admissions to hospital. Had another permacath, and got a fistula. All though I dint feel 100%, I haven't felt better in the past 4 years, since I started on hemo, and nocturnal is helping me improve as time goes on.
Hope thats enough info  :)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 07:58:36 AM »

Welcome Amber.  This site is the best.  We ALL hate dialysis but know we have to do it.  I wish they would come up with something else!

There are several on the site from Aus.  I hope you come here, post often and tell your dialysis friends that we are here.

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 11:32:04 AM »

Sorry I was going to get to that. I was late and I was going to bed. Don't roll your eyes at me, thats rude.
I am on home nocturnal, been on hemo for about 18 months, been at home since august last year. Was on PD before that, worst experience of my life. Might talk about that bit later on, as again its late and I'm late going on the machine. I am in Australia and I'm 26. I too hate dialysis, but its part of my life so we just have to deal with it.
I started out getting kidney failure in my early teens, ended up on PD for 9 months. Then not long before I was going to start hemo, I got a transplant. The transplant worked perfectly for 7 years. Then I started to get very tired all the time, but it took 2 years before I was showing signs of the transplant failing. It failed completely after 9.5 years. I chose to go onto PD, as I didn't want to do hemo. BIG mistake. I was a sick as a dog for over 6 months, literally every day with my head in a bucket. After waiting ages I finally got a permacath after begging for one, so I could get some decent treatment. Then permacath got infected so back on PD to wait to get a fistula. Got sick as a dog again, same thing with the bucket, and many admissions to hospital. Had another permacath, and got a fistula. All though I dint feel 100%, I haven't felt better in the past 4 years, since I started on hemo, and nocturnal is helping me improve as time goes on.
Hope thats enough info  :)

::)
 >:D
 ;D
 :-*

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 08:36:21 PM »

Don't roll your eyes at me, thats rude.

He does that a lot. They're gonna roll out of his head one day LOL.   :D

Welcome to the board!

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »