I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Patients who suck up to dialysis center staff
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patients who suck up to dialysis center staff  (Read 18561 times)
George Jung

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 05:21:25 PM »

Kitsune is the Japanese word for fox. Foxes are a common subject of Japanese folklore. Stories depict them as intelligent beings and as possessing magical abilities that increase with their age and wisdom. Foremost among these is the ability to assume human form. While some folktales speak of kitsune employing this ability to trick others — as foxes in folklore often do — others portray them as faithful guardians, friends, lovers, and wives.

skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 05:22:32 PM »

I think I understand Kitsune's point.  There are just some people who are annoying.  Even though Homer is doing the right thing he seems to be pushing it in people's faces.  Kudos to Homer for following the renal rules, I know it is very hard for my husband to do it, but he does.  Still, there are just some people who come off a tad annoying when they are doing the right thing.  I have worked with people like that!

Also, Kitsune isn't being wrong in what he said, it's his feelings.  I don't see any rudeness or disrespectfullness here.

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 06:31:35 PM »

The techs don't know shit!  Sorry, but they are not renal patients and they have not gone to school to learn about end stage renal disease.  The nurses know "some."  The Nephs know but don't care.  You can usually smell BBQ potato chips on the dietiation and the Socal Worker is a basket case.

The only place to come is IHD.

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 09:12:21 PM »

The techs don't know shit!  Sorry, but they are not renal patients and they have not gone to school to learn about end stage renal disease.  The nurses know "some."  The Nephs know but don't care.  You can usually smell BBQ potato chips on the dietiation and the Socal Worker is a basket case.

Yep, my center had 2 basket cases, the social worker and the dietician :rofl;  It was fun to piss them off.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 10:42:13 AM »

I think I understand Kitsune's point.  There are just some people who are annoying.  Even though Homer is doing the right thing he seems to be pushing it in people's faces.  Kudos to Homer for following the renal rules, I know it is very hard for my husband to do it, but he does.  Still, there are just some people who come off a tad annoying when they are doing the right thing.  I have worked with people like that!

Also, Kitsune isn't being wrong in what he said, it's his feelings.  I don't see any rudeness or disrespectfullness here.

I think you got the point to a tee... "Homer" is pushing his ideas on other people. He may see it as trying to be helpful, but if it's not apprieciated then it comes over like preaching, and some don't like that.

In the end everyone's lives come down to their own decisions and choices and thus responsibility for what occurs. I try to follow the advice I'm given becaause I honestly believe the long term outcome will be the best for me than if I blow it all now by doing silly stuff like going way over my fluid quota and putting extra stress on my heart and lungs, or overdosing on potassium and pushing all my labs over the edge and so on... that is just going to affect ME.. but if someone else wants to do that to themselves.. who am I to tell them not to or something? If it was someone I knew or considered a friend (there's a few min my clinic) I might say hey mate maybe you should try and keep those fluids down because it will be better for you... but I hope I wouldn't be pushy or preachy.

It reminds me of when the dietician came around a few weeks back doing yearly reviews.. I had mine then she went to the old guy next to me and I recall he said to her something that was very telling, honest and direct.. I think she suggested he drink a little less between sessions and he said something like "I'm 77 years old. It's not going to make much difference to me.. I think if I want another glass of water I should have it." and you know what.. I really couldn't disagree with what he was saying where he is at in life... and to her credit the dietician pretty much left the point there.. she may have said something like "Give it a thought because it is healthier for you" but she didn't harp on at him which I thought was a good response.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
bdpoe

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 01:16:45 PM »

O.K. all you brown nose suck ups get out of the boat! :rofl;

Seems like we are really talking about clashes between personality types
and people with different backrounds. Human dynamics one could say.

Maybe we should all take the long version of the Meyers-Briggs personality
test. Different strokes for different folks...dontcha know.

...bd
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 02:41:24 PM »

O.K. all you brown nose suck ups get out of the boat! :rofl;

Seems like we are really talking about clashes between personality types
and people with different backrounds. Human dynamics one could say.

Maybe we should all take the long version of the Meyers-Briggs personality
test. Different strokes for different folks...dontcha know.

...bd

Wonders if the Meyers-Briggs personality test is online, not sure I ant results :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
donnia
Elite Member

me and my donor Joyce

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 07:12:04 PM »

OMG Rerun..... do we go to the same center!!!! :rofl;

Born with one kidney 1972
Ureter re-constructured 1975 (reflux had already damaged the kidney)
Diagnosed and treated for high blood pressure 2000
Diagnosed ESRF October 2006
Started dialysis September 2007
Last dialysis June 4, 2008
Transplant from my hero, Joyce, June 5, 2008
highlite36

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 07:18:06 PM »

DUDE!  I wonder what people must think about ME at the dialysis clinic!!!!  I'm a PD patient, but I also volunteer a lot of my time with the hemo clinic.  I talk to people there because I'm interested in their lives....  I want to know about their day and the adventures they've been on....and who they're dating or what they ate for lunch.....I don't see it as being a bad thing to keep people informed on the limitations that are there in terms of food....  Especially when I do know that it's probably for their own safety....otherwise, they'll end up like ME, sick and unable to move by herself without the help of another person or object!!!!! 

ESRD February 2002
Transplant from living non-related donor November 7, 2002
Lost transplant April 2005
Diagnosed with Heart Failure February 2006
Currently on Peritoneal Dialysis, awaiting to be well enough to FINALLY get placed
on the Transplant List.  :-)  I can't wait!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »