I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:28:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Prayers for Rerun.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayers for Rerun.  (Read 8966 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« on: May 10, 2006, 05:01:50 PM »

My arm started bleeding inside.  I went to the Vascular Surgeon and he sent me to ER for an ultra-sound and we will go from there.

If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, call my Emergency Contact Epoman.  I don't want a permacath inserted again, but that may be my only option.  I went by my house to pack a few things and feed the dogs.  Bye!!!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 02:13:27 PM by Epoman » Logged

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 05:31:35 PM »

My arm started bleeding inside.  I went to the Vascular Surgeon and he sent me to ER for an ultra-sound and we will go from there.

If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, call my Emergency Contact Epoman.  I don't want a permacath inserted again, but that may be my only option.  I went by my house to pack a few things and feed the dogs.  Bye!!!

Be well Rerun, I hope everything turns out fine. I moved your post to it's own thread to make sure everyone sees it. That way more people can say a prayer for you.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 05:56:25 PM »

Praying for you Rerun.  Update us when you can. 

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 08:34:50 PM »

Prayers to you lady.  Be well and good luck.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 01:09:54 AM »

I just spent 6 hours in ER.  What a JOKE! 

First I had to tell my story 5 times about when I got the fistula and then when I got the fistula gram and then today when my arm swelled up. 

Then "Himeed" tried to do an ultra-sound and he used the mouse thing like a fricken DRILL.  I told him it hurt and not to press so hard and he just kept saying "Sorry About"  "Sorry About".   He must have tried for an hour and then called in "Tom" who had to drive 60 miles and TOM did fine.  Light as a feather......felt like a message!  Tom said "why are we here?"  I told him that my arm is bleeding from inside.  He said "well that is obvious."  So, Tom tried to find a leak, but of course by this time he can't find anything.

They tossed me out at mid-night and told me to go home and call my Vascular Surgeon in the morning. 

Well, that was worth $5,000!!!   :(

I just want to quit dialysis.  It is not going well and it won't get any better.  I hate the permacath!  Snow has a better chance in Kern County California in August then I do for getting another transplant! 

I just want to go Kick something!    KEVNO??   >:D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:05:10 AM by Epoman » Logged

susie q

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 04:51:44 AM »

Sorry you are having such a hard time....  I wish someone could make it better for you.. :(
Will include you in my prayers...  :)
kevno

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 05:24:12 AM »

I know it must be hard for you just now Rerun.  I am sure you will get it sorted out soon.

Get well Soon ;)

Kevno
Just seen >:( So I hit modify :o
You just wanted to kick something ME? Nice to hear that you thought about me ::)
If it would help to make you feel better, go for it. But I think you would have much more fun if you kicked Epoman.  ;D >:D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:00:41 AM by kevno » Logged

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 06:16:13 AM »

I hate it when they just say well yeah, you got a complication. Go home.  See someone else.  You feel like yelling loudly at someone.

Reun keep putting one foot in front of the other. Kicking someone would be great!

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 07:14:50 AM »

I just spent 6 hours in ER.  What a JOKE! 

First I had to tell my story 5 times about when I got the fistula and then when I got the fistula gram and then today when my arm swelled up. 

Then "Himeed" tried to do an ultra-sound and he used the mouse thing like a fricken DRILL.  I told him it hurt and not to press so hard and he just kept saying "Sorry About"  "Sorry About".   He must have tried for an hour and then called in "Tom" who had to drive 60 miles and TOM did fine.  Light as a feather......felt like a message!  Tom said "why are we here?"  I told him that my arm is bleeding from inside.  He said "well that is obvious."  So, Tom tried to find a leak, but of course by this time he can't find anything.

They tossed me out at mid-night and told me to go home and call my Vascular Surgeon in the morning. 

Well, that was worth $5,000!!!   :(

I just want to quit dialysis.  It is not going well and it won't get any better.  I hate the permacath!  Snow has a better chance in Kern County California in August then I do for getting another transplant! 

I just want to go Kick something!    KEVNO??   >:D

Well hopefully the bleeding stopped? If they felt it was a risk they would not have sent you home (well most times  :-\) I know it sucks but it will get better believe me when I broke both of my hips and I laid in a hospital bed in my living room having to have my wife wipe my butt, I thought my life was over. But now even though I'm still in a wheelchair, and hips are still broke (5+ years now) my life is better. Believe me Rerun if anybody understands your strife it's a lot of our members, some have suffered more than others and some still have that road to walk down.  :-\

Just remember Rerun it may not mean much, but we really need you here and with this site you are making a difference in others lives and that's what life is all about. You are still young things are going to change, I promise.  :-*

Now I need to wash my mouth out with soap for being so positive. Yuck I hate that taste I get in my mouth.  >:( >:D ;D

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
dhuston

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 10:39:21 AM »

My heart goes out to you.  Please hang in there.  Your humour and no nonsense approach is such a fresh breath of air.
Tracy Lynn

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 10:46:15 AM »

Hang in there, girly. I'm praying for you. I'm not sure if God listens to me, but I told my mom to pray for you, too, and I KNOW he listens to HER.  ;D

Filled with hate, like a bitter, raging Twinkie
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 06:52:43 PM »

I just spent 6 hours in ER.  What a JOKE!  ...

I'm so sorry.  I hope things go better w/ the vascular surgeon.

I know you are discouraged and I can't imagine how it feels to be where you are, but I hope you feel better now.  Quality of life issues are probably more difficult to deal with than the actual medical choices.  I will pray for you to have courage, strength, and that you find joy in the small daily victories -- and the next time you get an ultrasound tech that's really an idiot in a medical suit, I hope you'll kick their *ss!

Lorelle

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »

You guys made me laugh!   :D   Thanks~

I have to go in tomorrow for a permacath in my chest.  I just got it out March 2.  They aren't sure if Radiology will do it or it will be done in the Operating Room.  "Just don't eat or drink anything after midnight tonight"!  GREAT I'll be starving along with everything else.

They had me SKIP dialysis today!  YEAH~  The only good part of my day looking at my watch saying to myself "I'm free".

anja

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 09:24:50 PM »

Hang tough, Rerun, we need you here to spread your special brand of cheer and straight-talk!  Be thinking 'bout you and wishing you the best!  Sorry you have to go through so much trauma and pain...
kevno

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 12:57:03 AM »

Well at least you are getting sorted out with a CATH >:( No needles for now :D

Just one thing, how comes they let you miss a dialysis >:D Hope it all works out for you Old Rerun, then you can get on with dialysis. Then feel a lot better, so I will be safe from you kicking me :o

I will be thinking of you when they use my caths tomorrow ;)

Yours always

Kevno

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 02:51:43 AM »

So, Kevno?  You are back to the caths and no needles?  Last I remember you let them do "one" needle.  Catch me up on your access situation?   ???

kevno

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 05:31:23 AM »

They managed to get the blocked cath to work. Plus I got a bit fed up of one needle, so I decided while both caths are working now. I would not let the nurses needle my fistula. It's not only that, I am moving around that much while I am on the machine because of the pain in my leg, with one needle in, the machine kept alarming. So any excuse I have not to have a needle, I used. Most of the time I do not know that I am moving around on the machine, given a powerful painkiller on the machine. One hour into dialysis then two and a half hours into dialysis. Pethidine 100mg each time, my leg is so painful while I am on the machine. The pain is under control when at home with a Fentanyl 50mg Patch.

Thats enough about me, how are you doing, when are the Docs putting in the caths. Hope they work OK for you. Had mine since October 2003.

Kevno

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 09:11:05 AM »

I was supposed to call the office at 9:00AM to see when and where the surgery is.  Seems the scheduler is having car trouble and will be in as soon as possible.  In the mean time I'm starving and thirsty because they didn't want me to eat, drink or fart after mid-night.

Yeah, once I get this cath in, it isn't coming out unless there is an infection.

kevno

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 10:36:13 AM »

I know how you feel Rerun. I had one operation put off three times, so I was starved for over 30hours. Was not happy. All I was allowed to have was a few mouth swabs >:(

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 10:02:21 PM »

I AM SO PISSED!  The stupid catheter is on the opposite side as before, and the tubes are at a 90 degree angle towards my arm PIT! WTF!  If I wear a sleeveless top.......There they are!!  The twin tubes!   PLUS there is NO way I could take a shower because they slant UP.  Water would drain right down into the site.  NO WAY.  I'd rather be dead.  I've missed one dialysis.  I just have to get through maybe 5 more days.  If I eat a few oranges and bananas maybe less.  It is Firday night so no one is available!  Just the ON CALL idiots!

I did get through to the Radiologist who put it in.  I asked him "WHY did you put these so they go under my arm pit!??  He said "So it would work."!!  My other side's vein was bad.  So, then WHY couldn't he point it down.

This is probably vain of me, but SHIT why don't they just put the tubes coming out our nose!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:44:25 PM by Rerun » Logged

kevno

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2006, 10:48:28 AM »

I do not know what to say Rerun, I do not blame you for being cheesed off! They do everything for ease. NOT thinking about the patient who has to live with it. >:(

You said a radiologist put them in. Three times radiologists have tried to put my lines in, three times failed. The last two times I have had them done down in theatre. I refused to let the radiologists have another go. So the Surgeons put then in.

Thinking of you Rerun, why do we always get the short end of the stick :-\ Must be a Kidney Patients lot in life :-\

Kevno

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 12:13:31 PM »

Thanks Kevno.  Come to think of it the Radiologist screwed up the fistula gram and now the permacath.  Yeah, I think you are right.  No more Radiologists!   >:(

kevno

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2006, 02:43:59 PM »

How did you do with your (NEW LINES) on dialysis on Saturdays Old Rerun. I know it will be next week before you will be able to get them sorted out, and put in the right place. >:(

Hear from you are me soon ;D

Kevno.

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 02:47:17 PM »

I did okay on dialysis yesterday.  I kind of liked having two hands to scratch with!  GEEZ am I itchy.  Too much Phosphorus!!  I didn't feel all that great last night, but am okay today.  I'm getting use to the lines.  I'm not as MAD today.   ???

Panda_9

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 05:42:48 PM »

OMG your poor thing rerun. I cant believe they have put the permacath in like that!!!  :o
The first one I had got wet every time I had a shower because the dressings were sh*thouse. They were fine for a little while after they had been put on, but by the time I got home they were starting to fall off. So I devised my own dressing the next time I got a permacath, and I didn't get an infection, and it didn't get wet. And if it came off at home, I changed it myself. I had spare dressings, dressing packs and chlorhex at home. Yours sounds a bit tricky though, gee I would be so WTF?'d off!!
Are you able to get dressing supplies to take home???
I used 2 large tegaderm (clear plastic stuff), and made sure it was covered all the way down almost to the end of the tube. If it started to peel off, which it sometimes did down near the tubes, I just put a small tegaderm over the peeled bit. Hope that makes sense. I wonder if you could cover yours entirely with tegaderm? You can get rolls of it so you can cut it to size. Perhaps you could put that on when you have a shower to stop it getting wet. We dint want you getting sick from an infection, I know how awful that is!
Let us know about the dressing thing, hope something can be sorted out for you.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »