I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 12:36:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Effect of renal failure on faith
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Effect of renal failure on faith  (Read 8917 times)
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 07:46:06 PM »

I think it has made my faith stronger. Don't get me wrong there are many days I am like are you f@@@@@@ kidding me how much more are you going to let happen to my family, but then I step back and look at the good. If Otto didn't have kidney problems I would have never found IHD and I thank God everyday for ALL of you. :grouphug; :grouphug;

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 10:54:53 PM »

I just have a hard time understanding people who actually believe there was an "Adam and Eve", and other such things that are said in 'The Bible'. I can understand using what is told in 'The Bible' as inspiration, or story's to show you why you should or shouldn't act a certain way, and so on... but for people who deep down, really think there was an actual "creator" that made a man named 'Adam' and this creator then made animals and blah blah.... How can you believe this when your proven otherwise? I have nothing against anyone and their beliefs at all, so I hope nobody takes this wrong... I just am trying to understand how you can take such things literally.

As for why we have what we have in the world, I guess you should look at where we cam from... evolution. We started out as savages... just trying to survive... I don't see what's different now except for our surroundings and brain power and ability to communicate, were still all trying to survive. We are still evolving... and maybe one day we'll evolve into that perfect species of 'homo sapien'.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 11:07:18 PM »

I just have a hard time understanding people who actually believe there was an "Adam and Eve", and other such things that are said in 'The Bible'

And I am having a hard time knowing that there are those who do not believe!!!  To each their own right? right!!!!

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007, 11:08:34 PM »

I just have a hard time understanding people who actually believe there was an "Adam and Eve", and other such things that are said in 'The Bible'

And I am having a hard time knowing that there are those who do not believe!!!  To each their own right? right!!!!

:lol; You are right. I like to see facts.. and science has proven that story is not true. ;)

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2007, 11:11:51 PM »

:lol; You are right. I like to see facts.. and science has proven that story is not true. ;)

Glad you think you know "the facts" Angela,  however, i believe the facts are in the Bible

www.kidneyoogle.com
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2007, 11:17:56 PM »

Hrm... so how shall we explain all the human remains we have found that date back way before the Bible? And animals... since in the Bible animals were not here until the Bible...

Now... I could believe this... That the Bible is maybe speaking of creating our 'spirits' in our human bodies that were already here before the bible says...  :)

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 11:19:20 PM »

I dont need or want you to explain anything to ME, it is what IT IS

www.kidneyoogle.com
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 11:19:46 PM »

Exactly. ;) It sure is. ;)

goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 11:22:25 PM »

Glad you agree  :2thumbsup;

www.kidneyoogle.com
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 11:25:30 PM »

:lol; I do.. but I don't agree with you.  :P  :lol; I agree however, to disagree.

Love ya susie xoxo

jblamb

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2007, 12:46:20 PM »

Hmmmm.....so where did the 'apes' come from????   The bible was written so that those that came after could know how they were created and how the world and all that was in it was created and developed. The bible is the only book in the world that has prephesies that have always been proven correct.  As for science - all they have proven is that God does exist and that evolution is pure fantasy.  That's my belief and I am sorry for those who feel they have nothing to hang onto ...as I said before God will not intrude where He is not wanted. However....He always will come to those who ask for Him....always.
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 01:01:34 PM »

I think the topic was 'effect of renal failure on faith' there is already a thread to debate wether god exsists.

http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=635.0

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 01:03:50 PM by glitter » Logged

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
EMMA

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2007, 01:06:28 PM »

the search for the existance of god has been a fundamental part of my life for the past 7 years.  in 1999, i was diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy...the same type joan or arc and may other "religiously inspired historical figures" are said to have had.  the seizures are like deja vu taken to the nth degree.  they make me feel like there is existance of god.  however,  i am confused when is see the senseless destruction of life through war or disease...it is as if we are ants running around this planet and some of us get squashed without much thought or consideration...often times do to large egos or money...very little value is given to human life by both humans and god (if he/she exists)...it is really sad...so I really dont know where my faith lies...some days I want to believe and others I believe only in the physical, tactile world to which I belong...that gets me to your question...renal disease has not really affected my faith or lack there of...it is just one more crappy thing we have to endure...
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »

Hmmmm.....so where did the 'apes' come from????   The bible was written so that those that came after could know how they were created and how the world and all that was in it was created and developed. The bible is the only book in the world that has prephesies that have always been proven correct.  As for science - all they have proven is that God does exist and that evolution is pure fantasy.  That's my belief and I am sorry for those who feel they have nothing to hang onto ...as I said before God will not intrude where He is not wanted. However....He always will come to those who ask for Him....always.
Wow.. I will just keep my mouth shut on this one. This could get ugly. And as stated, were off topic.  :oops;

livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2007, 04:25:03 PM »

Very simply put I asked god to get me a transplant when I needed one and the only explanation I can offer for what eventually happened is that he came through.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2007, 05:56:24 PM »

So glad your request was answered livecam. :)

I also think a higher power, we shall call him God  :lol;, answered my hopes of getting a transplant, and made mine perfect.

I never once said I didn't believe in God... cause I do... I just don't believe half of anything in the Bible...

So to point my response back on topic, I would have to say, my belief in *my* faith, has not changed, it remains the same. No worse. :)

:grouphug; For everyone.  :P

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2007, 06:26:34 PM »

I have to say, after reading these replies, that it truly saddens me to see so many people without faith.  I know for a fact I could not have gotten through one day of this without the Lord standing with me and holding my hand.  He has always been a constant with me and has never let me down. Although I know I have let Him down many times.  Don't get me wrong - there were times when I held onto my faith with a fingernail.....especially when I was on dialysis for three days a week times 4 hours each. and my fistula kept clotting up .  The first time they had to do angioplasty they didn't give me anything for pain and it was torture.
But....God doesn't MAKE these things happen.  He created a perfect world ...people messed that up. We are all born in sin and have a free will to make choices. As for 'faith healers' telling people that they don't have enough faith or they would be healed..........poppycock!!!!  That's just not true - nor is it biblical.  I do believe you can be healed if that is what God wants to serve His purpose...however...there may be other reasons known only to God for you to be on dialysis.  Maybe that person next to you needs to talk to you; or needs to hear about Jesus; or etc etc. 
My faith is stronger but I am a very spoiled child of God.  I went from three days/4 hours ea  to two days/2hours each  . I have two churches praying for me all the time and family members also.  I feel God has been healing me slowly over the past three years possibly to teach me patience or perhaps to give hope to others in my situation.  Make no mistake my friends....There IS a God ...and He cares very very much for each of you and wants to support and help you through these times.  But you need to call on Him - He won't intrude were He is not wanted.

God bless you all.
AMEN and AMEN

My faith in God has not been in any way effected by my dialysis.  I depend on Him now just as I did before.  I must confess to being turned off by the well-meaning individuals who tell me "Just believe, and He will heal you". 
I tell those people that maybe I have not experienced a big miracle, like my kidney being healed, but every day I experience some small sweet miracles that make me appreciate my Lord more and more.  It would take me a long time to tell you of all of them, but right now, even the fact that I am presently unemployed, with no income and nothing in the bank, yet I have food, shelter (and my PC). That alone is enough to give thanks and realize that my life is in His hands.
I make no apologies for loving, experiencing and enjoying my Lord Jesus Christ.  Even if those things I just spoke of were to vanish, my confidence is still in Him.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2007, 05:01:53 PM »

I have to say, after reading these replies, that it truly saddens me to see so many people without faith.  I know for a fact I could not have gotten through one day of this without the Lord standing with me and holding my hand.  He has always been a constant with me and has never let me down. Although I know I have let Him down many times.  Don't get me wrong - there were times when I held onto my faith with a fingernail.....especially when I was on dialysis for three days a week times 4 hours each. and my fistula kept clotting up .  The first time they had to do angioplasty they didn't give me anything for pain and it was torture.
But....God doesn't MAKE these things happen.  He created a perfect world ...people messed that up. We are all born in sin and have a free will to make choices. As for 'faith healers' telling people that they don't have enough faith or they would be healed..........poppycock!!!!  That's just not true - nor is it biblical.  I do believe you can be healed if that is what God wants to serve His purpose...however...there may be other reasons known only to God for you to be on dialysis.  Maybe that person next to you needs to talk to you; or needs to hear about Jesus; or etc etc. 
My faith is stronger but I am a very spoiled child of God.  I went from three days/4 hours ea  to two days/2hours each  . I have two churches praying for me all the time and family members also.  I feel God has been healing me slowly over the past three years possibly to teach me patience or perhaps to give hope to others in my situation.  Make no mistake my friends....There IS a God ...and He cares very very much for each of you and wants to support and help you through these times.  But you need to call on Him - He won't intrude were He is not wanted.

God bless you all.
AMEN and AMEN

My faith in God has not been in any way effected by my dialysis.  I depend on Him now just as I did before.  I must confess to being turned off by the well-meaning individuals who tell me "Just believe, and He will heal you". 
I tell those people that maybe I have not experienced a big miracle, like my kidney being healed, but every day I experience some small sweet miracles that make me appreciate my Lord more and more.  It would take me a long time to tell you of all of them, but right now, even the fact that I am presently unemployed, with no income and nothing in the bank, yet I have food, shelter (and my PC). That alone is enough to give thanks and realize that my life is in His hands.
I make no apologies for loving, experiencing and enjoying my Lord Jesus Christ.  Even if those things I just spoke of were to vanish, my confidence is still in Him.

Very well said.

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »