I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 04:19:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Amazing, The Health Department Really Does Exist
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amazing, The Health Department Really Does Exist  (Read 8279 times)
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« on: September 19, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »

this is so delicious i'm still laughing. someone bitched and the health department shoowed up at the dialysis center this morning.  she took lots of notes, she was everywhere and looked into everything and talked to everyone. she even looked through my file because she overheard the nurse talking to my doctor about more antibiotics and wanted to make sure i didn't need them because of something the center had done.  when tatiana told me i just started to laugh and i'm still giggling just thinking about it i really don't think they have anything to worry about any problems the center has have nothing to do with being clean. but you never know.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »

Hopefully it doesnt backfire and they do find something and close the place down (that is what happend to my first clinic)  >:(  it was 5 minutes from my house and we had to end up driving 45 minutes to another clinic until this one got situated and reopened, but i went on PD before it reopened (but its open now)  :thumbup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 05:22:15 PM »

Are Health Dept inspections public records?  I think they are.  If I were you, I'd ask at the Health Dept and get a copy if they are.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:57:40 PM »

Are Health Dept inspections public records?  I think they are.  If I were you, I'd ask at the Health Dept and get a copy if they are.

that's something i hadn't thought of, good idea

s
......................................................................................

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 12:06:25 AM »

I'm not sure I'd like someone rooting thru my file - what happened to privacy?

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:59:58 AM »

Yeah. I don't recall the Health Department being listed in the HIPAA act as being one of the "entities" that has access to your medical records!  ???

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 11:04:40 AM »

Yeah. I don't recall the Health Department being listed in the HIPAA act as being one of the "entities" that has access to your medical records!  ???

The health department is a state run agency and yes they can look at the patient files to make sure things are correct.  As a matter of fact if you ever here that the state is visiting your facility the health department is who it most likely is.  The majority of the time they come out it is due to regular inspection and they look at some of the files then too to make sure that the patients are being properly taken care of.  If they receive a call and come out they are more likely to be looking at that specific patients records unless they overhear something or the calls we made anonymous.

It's not easy being green.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 09:10:12 AM »

found out friday that it was an x-employee who called the state on my center. i started laughing all over again at the thought of it. however, as i expected they found nothing wrong, the center passed inspection with fling colors. any problems at my center have nothing to do with cleanliness, but rather administration. while i think the head nurse is a very nice lady and a very good nurse, she should have run screaming in the opposite direction when offered anything to do with administration. i've learned she's totally useless and when i have problems now i go to her boss.

s

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 02:31:43 PM »

Glad to hear everything went well with your clinics inspection Grammalady, i would've hated for you to have to relocate (as i did)  :thumbdown;   I am sure they will all be on their toes now  :thumbup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
ssticker

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 12:16:42 AM »

[/quote

FIR's (Facility Inspection Reports)

http://www.assndialysisadvocates.org/surveys9_04_to_8_06.htm

In Center HD '99
SELF stick '99
Buttonhole '07
Some of the worst mistakes of my life have been haircuts.
Jim Morrison
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 06:35:34 PM »

FIR's (Facility Inspection Reports)

http://www.assndialysisadvocates.org/surveys9_04_to_8_06.htm

Thank you!!

Moderators:  Should we start a new thread to show everyone where they can find this important information?

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 01:55:15 PM »

When Tax Payers foot the bill then your book is open and on display.

bioya

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 05:52:06 PM »

1. Anyone can call in the state to evaluate your facility. If the complaint is bad enough, they will be there in 28 hours or so.

2. ALL records are able to be reviewed by the state when the inspect your facility. No records are off limits.

3. To whoever said "I hope they don't shut you down cause I drove 45 min after then shut mine down". Well, good! If your old clinic needed to be shut down, I am glad they did. For you and your coo-patients.

4. Make sure you turn in your clinic for everything that goes wrong. Accountability, accountaibility, accountability. Thats the only way you will make your clinic and its staff care about you. THEY NEED TO FEAR THE PATIENTS POWER.  However, having said that, make sure you are correct and not making things up to make things seem worse.

5. Use your renal network to file complaints too. They are tasked with ensuring proper medical treatment as well as being treated as a human.

DO NOT ALLOW THE CLINC TO INTIMIDATE AND ABUSE YOU. YOU HAVE RIGHTS. USE THEM.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »