I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2024, 10:27:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Majorly Depressed
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Majorly Depressed  (Read 12660 times)
stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2007, 12:35:28 PM »

Many years ago, considering my likely future as a type 1 diabetic, I was in a restaurant weighing my options, wondering whether I should commit suicide as soon as I went blind, or whether it would be better to wait until I was also on dialysis before ending it all.  At the next table I then overheard some people talking about what an absolutely unendurable summer they had had, because they could not get the barnacles scraped off the bottom of their boat in time for the regatta season.  I realized at that point that being sick meant I inhabited a very different world from most people, and was as different from the average human as a Martian would be.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2007, 10:13:58 PM »

Yes, the dialysis world is full of fun things, isn't it?   :sarcasm;  Many nights I lay in bed and convince myself that if I cry, I am not going to stop, so relax and go to sleep.  Whatever it is will still be there tomorrow morning.  Sometimes it just all rides in on me and there it is!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2007, 11:09:35 PM »

"Stop the ride!  I want OFF!"       

Yes please ..... stop this crazy ride, I WANT OFF TOO

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2007, 09:14:27 AM »

I used to HATE vegetables. But all of a sudden, this year, that's all I am in the mood to eat. And I'm obsessed with steamed broccoli! Yummm!

I like raw carrots. I think they have a much nicer flavour than when they're cooked.

Ken
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2007, 10:56:39 AM »

I like you, Ken. You are such a sweetie---but I hate carrots!

Here's wishing we all get through the holidays in good cheer and may depression take a vacation.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
st789

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2007, 11:31:42 AM »

I feel comort to share my feelings and outlooks with all of u.  I am very grateful able to do so.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2007, 12:22:31 PM »

I used to HATE vegetables. But all of a sudden, this year, that's all I am in the mood to eat. And I'm obsessed with steamed broccoli! Yummm!

I like raw carrots. I think they have a much nicer flavour than when they're cooked.

Sounds like the rabbits are loose!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »