I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:41:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Potential Donors
| | | |-+  I am so impatient!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am so impatient!  (Read 12674 times)
Beth36

« on: September 06, 2007, 10:31:34 AM »

I called Kay at Mayo to get my flow crossmatch results and she hasn't called me back yet!  Doesn't she know I'm half Irish and patience is not something I come equipped with?!  Anyway, my mom has her eval with Dr. Gloor in November, I think the 19th she said.  All she needs to do is get her records sent from hospital #1 (who were petrified of my mom's PRA) and have them sent to Mayo.  I told my mom that Jill D. said Dr. Gloor was shy and she siad, "By the time we're done with him, he won't be."  We're a bit crazy, my family but we mean well...anyway, if I get results before Christmas, I'll post them.....sooooooooooo not liking this wait.  Even my 2 year old is more patient!

Beth
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 10:51:02 AM by Beth36 » Logged

Mom had positive crossmatch transplant at Mayo Clinic on 6/13/08!!
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 10:34:23 AM »

i HATE hurry up and wait. i fully understand

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 10:36:18 AM »

I am sorry Beth i wish i had advice to give you BUT, i have heard "good things come to those who wait" and "patience is a virtue"  i know that probably wont help but that is the only thing that comes to my mind at the moment,  sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your mom  :grouphug;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Beth36

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:50:10 AM »

Thanks, ladies!  I hate hurry up and wait.  My husband and I have to do IVF to get pregnant and whenever we cycle, it's 2 months straight of hurry up and wait....I should be used to it by now.  However, this is my mom and not me so that's what makes it harder.  AND I am in Eastern time and I just realized that it's around lunchtime in MN, so uuuuugggghhh!!  So sorry to spaz out but I have a tendency to do this A LOT.  Y'all are so sweet to put up with me!

Beth

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 11:20:01 AM »

Beth, I am not a patient person either.  If something is broken, fix it!  Not so with kidney disease. Nothing is quick and we have to wait on all the powers that be.  This disease is trying to teach me patience, but it isn't working very well.  With other diseases, they diagnose and then start a course of action and before long things are better.   Don't tell me what is wrong and then make me sit and wait day after day, week after week and now year after year.   We thought I would be transplanted 2 years ago-------my pray is that it all goes really smooth for your Mom and we get to celebrate with your family when she gets a new kidney :bandance;     Fingers crossed, thinking good thoughts!   

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Beth36

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 11:59:48 AM »

Thanks, Paris!  My sister just called me and I almost jumped out of my skin thinking it was Mayo.  I want to get the call but I'm also afraid of bad news.  It just seems like we get great news and then bad news and we crash.  My mom has called me 3 times, no surprise there as we talk 3-4 times a day anyway.  I don't think I will get a call until tomorrow.  UGH!  That means, I won't be able to go to the gym and will have to clean house.....well, it needs it but I don't want to do it!  I hope we can get excited soon but then we have to wait for hubby's results and my sister can't get her flow results until the 21st!  Yikes!  However, we will know for sure who my mom's donor will be by then.....I hate hurry up and wait!!

Beth

Beth36

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 02:15:44 PM »

Well, the numbers are in....my T-cells were 324 and my B-cells were 433.  If I was the only one who was able to donate, she would have to have plasmapheresis before and after transplant.  She did say that it is harder to lower levels over 400 and that they are getting a new drug in a few months and if they get it, they will give it to my mom.  I'm officially being put on hold by them as a donor.  She will call my hubby this afternoon and give him his numbers, I'll know tonight.  I'm very nervous and hope it all works out...ugh!

Beth

Roxy

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 07:10:20 PM »

I know the process is nerve wrecking. It's a long rollercoaster, but I hope everything works out for you and your mom. Let us know what you find out tonight.  :grouphug;
Beth36

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 06:01:22 AM »

I asked the transplant coordiator to call my hubby and give him his results, since he was in DC and she could reach him on his cell.  She said she would but didn't.  :banghead;  It made me SO MAD to say the least and I had to call my mom and tell her we didn't know anything so she wouldn't worry that the news was bad.  Soooooooo, I gave hubby the coordinator's number and told him to call her this afternoon when he got a chance.  He's at a conference for work and since we are only 20 miles outside of the city, I'll know what's up tonight BUT he won't be home until late because he has to go to dinner in Georgetown....this is so frustrating.  My sister can't get her flow results until the 21st because they are too busy to process any new samples until the 18th.  All this hurry up and wait is nerve-wracking but I know there will hopefully be some good news out of these tests.  I'm now sort of the worst case scenario since my numbers were high but not ruled out until my hubby and sister's numbers come in....baby steps, right?

Beth

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 06:23:39 AM »

There may be a gold lining in all this...(patience grasshopper)  :lol; I know it's not easy, and it seems you have a lot going on in your life, maybe you could delegate a little and take some stress off of yourself.
Beth36

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 06:49:23 AM »

Patience is a virtue, I know but I'm too Irish and hard-headed to try to embrace that!   ;D Yeah, I should delegate BUT there are 4 of us kiddies and I'm the oldest.  My one sister has 3 kids and is working as well and too overwhelmed.  Plus, she doesn't have the time or energy to research online for info like I do (I am a SAHM with only one child).  My brother and his wife are having their frist child at the end of the month and freaked out (as they should be  ;D) and I don't think he can do too much anyway because he's really really busy with work.  He works in a highly classified job and spends a lot of time at the Pentagon, etc.  His wife works full time and is too much of a princess, so I don't even bother and she's got a lot on her plate.  My youngest sister is the other potential donor and we chat all the time about stuff, so it's all good with her.  Oh, did I mention we are all spread out all over the country?  Yeah, that makes it hard.  Even though my brother is the only one who lives by me, there isn't a whole lot he can do yet.  I guess since I'm the oldest, I feel the need to take charge and do.  I just want it all to be OK and I just want to make sure I am on top of things and can explain things to my mom she doesn't understand.  My dad is having a hard time with things but we will take care of him, too.  I think thie main thing that overwhelms me is that I don't have all the answers and without answers, I can't do much.  So, I just need to chill out.  I can be a little intense at times but my heart's in the right place.  I'll be OK.  It's Friday and will rain all weekend.  So, it's football and The Sims for me! 

Beth

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »