I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:18:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  Amanda got the call.. The day before my wedding
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amanda got the call.. The day before my wedding  (Read 77385 times)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2007, 03:55:58 PM »

:grouphug; :grouphug; :grouphug; For you both but especially Amanda. Thinking of you.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »

:grouphug;
Keeping you both in my prayers.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2007, 04:06:26 PM »

Rose - I PM'd my phone number - if you can, please call when you get to LA and I will come meet you!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2007, 04:41:27 PM »

Am leaving today for my Honeymoon so thought I would give you an updated before I go. Doctors have found out that the organ donor more thank likely was carrying a virus and believe its Hep C, if this is the case it would have been contracted to Amanda. A liver Doctor and Hep doctors will go in today.
Amanda is very angry at the moment and wishes she didn't take the Kidney.
We wont know for sure for another 6-8 weeks if she has contracted this they will then let us know where we stand and what options we have as a renal transplant patient with Hep..

I will post more when I get to New York and let you know more. Thank you for all your well wishes I read all your Messages to Amanda this morning and she was so happy to hear them all.
xo

I'm sorry but this makes me very angry.  The donor spent something like 7 weeks in the hospital on life support and they didn't know she was carrying hepatitis C until after they transplanted her kidney?  I hope Amanda will be well and that you enjoy your honeymoon in America.  Please keep us updated on Amanda's progress.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2007, 07:38:15 PM »

I'm with Livecam on this one. Very angry.  >:(  Please send our Love and well wishes.
Roxy

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2007, 07:41:28 PM »

I will keep Amanda in my prayers and Rose enjoy your honeymoon!  :grouphug; As far as the Hep C, I'm confused...don't they check for that when they screen the donor? or the kidney?
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2007, 08:04:18 PM »

They should have checked the kidney for disease.  Someone dropped the ball or was incompetent in the manner.

Best wishes to Amanda and I hope there are no problems as a result of this mishap by the doctors.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 07:51:13 AM by BigSky » Logged
George Jung

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2007, 08:39:52 PM »

How in the world does this happen?  During my run (exercise not dialysis) tonight all I thought about was how I hope Amanda can somehow be fortunate enough not to be affected by this.  I too am angry about this news.  I remember when I was hospitalized for my kidneys failing,  I punched a nurse (or somebody) and they hadn't even done anything wrong, I can't even think about what I want to do to the person responsible for this.
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »

Wow, missed this thread, I am so happy and worried too.  Prayers are beling sent your way!  Enjoy your honeymoon and picture her happy and healthy!  Your mental health is important to healing. 

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2007, 08:44:30 PM »

Are they going to keep the kidney in? If so, will it work? Take it out? If they took it out would she have a better chance and not getting the Hep C or is it too late and she will get it no matter what know? I wanna come over and say some words to that transplant team... if only it was closer.... we all shall be thinking of you Amanda.  :grouphug;

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2007, 09:14:52 PM »

wow-this makes me sad....I'm glad you got a kidney- but gee- not glad about the Hep C, I will be thinking of you,  those Doctors need a slap, what were they thinking ( or not thinking)  - hope your doing okay anyway,   :grouphug;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2007, 09:10:29 AM »

Amanda, I so hope it works out well for you. You've had such a rough time of it lately, darn it!  Rose, enjoy your honeymoon, Amanda would be the first one to say so!  You have our prayers here, both on the forum, and others outside it. Hang tough, ladies. It WILL get better. :grouphug; :grouphug;
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2007, 06:32:19 PM »

Wow, seems like if the donor was hospitalized all that time they would
have known about that.  I'm shocked that would happen.  I pray it all turns out well.
Have a great honeymoon Rose.  Wishing you all life's best.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »

i had seen this threat earlier and knew that amanda had gotten a transplant, however just got around to reading the entire thing. aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggg!! bummer, when it rains it pours. i hope everything works itself out somehow. you both will be in my prayers

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2007, 09:28:05 PM »

Amanda Dahling ;)  Just wanted to let you know i am thinking of you and I am sending good thoughts your way.  The chatroom is lonely without you girl, just wanted you to know that you are being missed (as if you didnt know) :P ;)   I love you my friend, Godspeed  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2007, 04:32:58 AM »

Amanda, who's butt can I kick  :boxing;  :boxing; hoping better times ahead. Love ya Hun  :cuddle;
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2007, 05:01:09 AM »

Been away from the computer most of the weekend and just saw this. I am so sorry/angry/sad/disappointed for Amanda that this happened. I just don't know what else to say. I'm shocked that this could happen.

Rose, enjoy your honeymoon.

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2007, 11:05:42 PM »

This is shocking news... my fingers are crossed that things will turn out OK for Amanda whatever she choses... what a horrible thing after the joy at getting a kidney that is such a good match...

all our thoughts are with her!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2007, 11:18:04 PM »

Hey Amanda and Rose.....you two are two peas in a pod which is just what you need right now Amanda  Wow Darling, I am so sorry you are going through this.....I don't blame you for being so upset.  Let me know when I can come and visit.  Lots of love, Cindy. 
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2007, 11:55:28 PM »

Still thinking of you Amanda, hoping you get things worked out and start to  feel much better!   :cuddle;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2007, 12:09:36 AM »

If I could I would come up and visit too...  my thoughts and prayers are with Amanda, Rose and their entire family...

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2007, 02:20:11 AM »

Hello to you all..... (the hospital is in major KISSING BUTT mode.... so i have internet for a little while)

wow what a long week...... i want to start off by saying that i love you all....... and i could never forget nor leave this site! Kidney or no kidney!

I am not feeling very welll so i have to keep this short.

Well there is so much to tell of the story i will try to post it all tomorrow. All i can say is that my donor was just about an identiy twim match.... they have never seen such a close match im NSW before. My doctors who we know on a personal level  was in tears when he met me in the E.R. I will go into details another time i just don;t feel that well tonight. But i must say i feel blessed to know u all and that i have such awonderufl friend and family with me. When i went it for my transplant i had 60 guest waiting for my in the hospital. It was good knowing i had everyone on my side.

Ok well here is my quick update. My new kidney which i've approaitely named "sleepy" Is still not awake and is still adapting to its new home in me. None the less we are sure it will come around soon and starting working. I had a biopsy today for further investigation and the news was also good, "sleepy" needs more time to recover from its journey. But i'm sure it will come around when it feels its ready.

As many of you know this week has been such a high and low, and has honestly been the hardest week of my life. But i've decided 2 deal with one thing at a time. Thank you for all my well wishes and good thoughts. You are such an amazing bunch of people, it was much easier going through this knowing i had you guys on my side.

As you know already my donor might have had a "virus" doctors are flying in from perth to give me my results tomorrow. Please keep ur fingers cross for good results.

Tonight i ask you to pray for my donor family, and 4 "sleepy" to WAKE UP.

I love you all.

Amanda
xxoo

ps. sorry if none of this makes sense, i am kinda on a low tonight and not feeling myself.

tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2007, 02:33:43 AM »

Hey there girl,

Hang in there, as the ol aussie sayin she'll be right mate, with all the prayers goin your way , "sleepy" will be a lil busybee kidney in no time.

Thinkin of Ya Heaps (and sleepy lol )

Lots of Love Tamara xxx ooo

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2007, 03:12:19 AM »

:cuddle;  Amanda

Stay strong. We are all thinking of you and wishing for a positive outcome. A 6/6 match is amazing.    :bow;

I am sure "Sleepy" will wake up soon and have you up and running around. I will cross my fingers and toes!

Thinking of you all the time. ( Your ears must be burning!  :) )

Love Sally xxxx    :cuddle;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2007, 04:06:56 AM »

:)
Hi Amanda, Nice to hear from you and sleepy. You had a lot of guests with you in person and alot more with you in spirit.
You are in everyone's prayers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »