I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:20:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Anymore Brits out there on Dialysis?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anymore Brits out there on Dialysis?  (Read 170762 times)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2007, 08:55:03 PM »

I don't understand this british stuff but I like the thought of being a princess... so can I be one?  :waving;

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2007, 08:56:27 PM »

Well Angela, we dont have the authority to make you a princess, we are going to have to wait for Ken to come and officially make you one  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2007, 09:41:27 PM »

Lady Kitkatz, Countess Goofynina and Princess Angela.  Oh my we are getting a royal court here.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Meinuk

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2007, 09:54:27 PM »

OK Ken -

My knickers are from M&S
When I call home, I dial 01144207..
The post code for home starts with SW7
I have Mrs. Balls Chutney in my pantry
I adore Dr. Who and can't wait for this year's x-mas broadcast.
Top Gear cracks me up
I know that faggots are a disgusting food
BUPA is a great to have if you've been used to the NHS
Scottish Widows means money
as far as football...  well, no, I'm not a fan. Especially of the traffic jams on the Kings Road after a Chelsea match.

:ukflag;

But I live in NYC now....

Research Dialysis Units:  http://projects.propublica.org/dialysis/

52 with PKD
deceased donor transplant 11/2/08
nxstage 10/07 - 11/08;  30LS/S; 20LT/W/R  @450
temp. permcath:  inserted 5/07 - removed 7/19/07
in-center hemo:  m/w/f 1/12/07
list: 6/05
a/v fistula: 5/05
NxStage training diary post (10/07):  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=5229.0
Newspaper article: Me dialyzing alone:  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=7332.0
Transplant post 11/08):  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=10893.msg187492#msg187492
Fistula removal post (7/10): http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=18735.msg324217#msg324217
Post Transplant Skin Cancer (2/14): http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=30659.msg476547#msg476547

“To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of thought.” - Henri Poincare
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2007, 09:22:34 AM »

Ken should be coming back soon. Do you think he bought us presents?  :bandance;

EDITED: Fixed smiley error-kitkatz,moderator
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 12:00:38 AM by kitkatz » Logged
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2007, 11:50:08 AM »

Hey, don't forget me----Ken made me Lady Paris!!  I must have a very dull life, because this thread is the most fun I have had for a long time! :clap;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
MattyBoy100

What's dialysis?

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »

Scottish til I die, Scottish til I die, I'm Scottish til I die!

The Gunners for me though with Liverpool a close second choice.

Don't want your English titles, my family fought with the Faqhuarson Clan to drive the English off our land!

How's it going Ken?

Don't like Scottish football though, it's rubbish and everyone thinks it's great.  I lived in London for 7 years and know what REAL football is!

Good result against Israel today but what's going to happen against Russia on Weds?

SCOTLAND NO.1
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2007, 10:54:59 PM »

I don't know what is going to happen in Russia.

But I do know that "The Blue Devils" kicked some serious butt. 7-0.  :boxing;
I'm just a proud soccer mom. They may all be 6 and 7 year olds but it was a fun game.

Sorry Mattyboy. I just wanted to brag.  :clap; :clap;

Ken are you back yet? I think Mattyboy wants to talk guy stuff.  :beer1;
Poor guy has to put up with us.
Redbomb

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2007, 08:54:29 AM »

I LOVE football -- Well, o.k... American Football. College, Pro, Arena, High School, Pee-Wee, Flag -- don't care what it is, just bring on Football!!!! Don't care much for soccer though, Ah, well.

Hmm. soon HOCKEY season will be starting!  All I have to say about that is GO AVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

Life's a bitch and then you go on dialysis!

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2007, 09:32:29 AM »

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;
Well I really cracked up when I read all the posts that came while I've been away. But Hey a transformation has taken place.

I have morphed into my new alter ego as an honorary all American guy. So it's KENNIZLE SHELMERDIZZLE BACK IN DA HOUSE!!!! ...God damn it .....son of a gun... hot dog diggety doooo!!!!  :usaflag; :usaflag; :usaflag; :usaflag;

Them state troopers or whatever they call em over here keep arresting me for driving on the wrong side of the road..........WTF are crumpets????
 :usaflag; :usaflag; :usaflag; :usaflag; ;D

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2007, 09:47:20 AM »

I shall ask Goofynina for the title of Lady Kitkatz while Ken is gone!
High tea will be at three at my house on Saturday, if you can find it and me.  Hehehehe!

Hey now just wait a cotton pickin' minute! Although goofynina has been my Princess Regent while I was away she must consult me before bestowing a title which she now has done by telepathy so

ARISE DUCHESS KITKATZ EMPRESS OF CHOCOLATE BARS. (In the UK there's a brand of chocolate bar called KIT- KAT)   :2thumbsup; :2thumbsup;

Don't forget the salmon and cucumber sandwiches on Saturday.

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2007, 09:48:59 AM »

Ask for a castle too. I got one.  :2thumbsup;

Cheeky ::)

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2007, 10:06:28 AM »

Ken, a lady Beefeater at the Tower of London??   I think it should have been me, but the outfit isn't very flattering.  You go on holiday and look what they did while you were gone! Did they ask you first if this was acceptable?  I will say she looked very pleased with the promotion.  Maybe she can help you get the Crown jewels!  Hope you had a wonderful holiday. You were missed.

Good Lord!! one is astounded. Her Majesty never consulted me on this one. It's quite possibly Mary Queen of Scots re-incarnated who was executed in the tower in 16 something or other by Elizabeth 1st and she's come to get her own back. I think I should tell her it's not the same Elizabeth. 

Yes it should have been you lady Paris but of course we can't have the nobility employed as  common Beefeaters deeon't you kneeow.

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2007, 10:09:19 AM »

i don't need a title, i just want tea. tea, scones, clotted cream and raspberry jam.

Coming up!

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2007, 10:11:20 AM »

I don't understand this british stuff but I like the thought of being a princess... so can I be one?  :waving;

NO!!
Oh go on then.

Ken
Roxy

« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2007, 10:12:04 AM »

:rofl;  :rofl;  :rofl; you all are hilarious
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2007, 10:26:52 AM »

OK Ken -

My knickers are from M&S
I have Mrs. Balls Chutney in my pantry
 :ukflag;

Arise LADY MEINUK OF ST. MICHAEL. (I take it M&S put St Michael labels in your knickers) I'm not being scary I just want to know what's in your knickers. :oops;....no.....er that came out wrong......you know what I mean....er...er... now look here I'm a respectable married man...I wouldn't dream of.....well I never!! How dare you suggest!!!....... Ahemm.....Give Mrs Balls her chutney back at once or m'lady will be STRIPPED...................

.......of her title!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 10:34:00 AM by Ken Shelmerdine » Logged

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2007, 10:41:35 AM »

Scottish til I die, Scottish til I die, I'm Scottish til I die!

The Gunners for me though with Liverpool a close second choice.

Don't want your English titles, my family fought with the Faqhuarson Clan to drive the English off our land!

How's it going Ken?

Don't like Scottish football though, it's rubbish and everyone thinks it's great.  I lived in London for 7 years and know what REAL football is!

Good result against Israel today but what's going to happen against Russia on Weds?

Hi Mattyboy
I hope we beat Russia on Wednesday but this is the England team we are talking about so anything could happen.

That wall Hadrian built didn't keep out Gordon Brown!! ;)

Ken
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2007, 10:44:13 AM »

I don't know what is going to happen in Russia.

But I do know that "The Blue Devils" kicked some serious butt. 7-0.  :boxing;
I'm just a proud soccer mom. They may all be 6 and 7 year olds but it was a fun game.

Go Go Go THE BLUE DEVILS :2thumbsup; :2thumbsup;

Ken
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2007, 11:49:22 AM »

I shall ask Goofynina for the title of Lady Kitkatz while Ken is gone!
High tea will be at three at my house on Saturday, if you can find it and me.  Hehehehe!

Don't forget the salmon and cucumber sandwiches on Saturday.

clotted cream and raspberry jam too, pleeeeeeeeease

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2007, 12:29:30 PM »

Ken, welcome home! Your royal ladies have missed you terribly!  As you noticed, we tried to continue without you, but we really needed our lord and master to keep us in line. Hope you had a lovely holiday and enjoyed your time away.      Now what was this thread about?  It is now a Ken and his royal court thread :yahoo;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2007, 01:18:06 PM »

Ken, welcome home! Your royal ladies have missed you terribly!  As you noticed, we tried to continue without you, but we really needed our lord and master to keep us in line. Hope you had a lovely holiday and enjoyed your time away.      Now what was this thread about?  It is now a Ken and his royal court thread :yahoo;

Thank you my loyal subjects for your continued support. I must say the Royal Court of Kenneth functioned admirably whilst I was thus indisposed. One marvelled at the hiliarity of the various dispatches although some of you became a little flippant about the very serious subject of title bestowal. However I am now returneth to my spirtual home and all will be well.

Seriously we had a great holiday and for once the British weather was kind to us. Great to be back though, I'm really enjoying this. :2thumbsup;
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 01:22:22 PM by Ken Shelmerdine » Logged

Ken
Meinuk

« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2007, 01:19:24 PM »

Thanks for the honours Ken - I have to say that I am an avid fan of Tony Benn. 

No IHD Debrett's for me, I prefer just Anna.   

Welcome back!!!

Research Dialysis Units:  http://projects.propublica.org/dialysis/

52 with PKD
deceased donor transplant 11/2/08
nxstage 10/07 - 11/08;  30LS/S; 20LT/W/R  @450
temp. permcath:  inserted 5/07 - removed 7/19/07
in-center hemo:  m/w/f 1/12/07
list: 6/05
a/v fistula: 5/05
NxStage training diary post (10/07):  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=5229.0
Newspaper article: Me dialyzing alone:  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=7332.0
Transplant post 11/08):  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=10893.msg187492#msg187492
Fistula removal post (7/10): http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=18735.msg324217#msg324217
Post Transplant Skin Cancer (2/14): http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=30659.msg476547#msg476547

“To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of thought.” - Henri Poincare
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2007, 01:46:48 PM »

Thank you my loyal subjects for your continued support. I must say the Royal Court of Kenneth functioned admirably whilst I was thus indisposed. One marvelled at the hiliarity of the various dispatches although some of you became a little flippant about the very serious subject of title bestowal. However I am now returneth to my spirtual home and all will be well.

Seriously we had a great holiday and for once the British weather was kind to us. Great to be back though, I'm really enjoying this. :2thumbsup;

Ahhhhhh, our Royal Highness has returned  :bow; :bow; :bow; :bow;  All is well in the bell tower sir :P  :P  WTF?  :urcrazy;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Ken Shelmerdine
Elite Member

« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2007, 01:56:29 PM »

Ahhhhhh, our Royal Highness has returned  :bow; :bow; :bow; :bow;  All is well in the bell tower sir :P  :P  WTF?  :urcrazy;

Greetings Duchess. Thank you for keeping the Court of Kenneth in good order. I knew I could rely on one so masterful.  :2thumbsup;

Ken
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »