I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 05:29:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Anymore Brits out there on Dialysis?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anymore Brits out there on Dialysis?  (Read 170890 times)
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #775 on: June 03, 2008, 07:30:12 PM »

I am in agreement with you master Sir Ken.
kevno

« Reply #776 on: June 03, 2008, 11:35:22 PM »

Still in hiding. will never be found.  :yahoo; Apart from the times i have to go to the Town for my medicine :beer1; See the Purple Boa mean grannies brigade. I will know what to do :sir ken; :oops; :boxing; ;D 

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #777 on: June 04, 2008, 04:18:53 AM »

Curses Kevno, how did you get away from the Avon ladies? They were supposed to watch you and give you make up tips.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #778 on: June 04, 2008, 06:34:02 AM »

Alas the Avon ladies who were supposed to be watching Sir Kev were tempted by Sir Ken and Sir Sluffington into mischief created by some goat herd they had. Lady Kitkat saw the commotion while trying on a pair of shoes that would have matched the Purple Feather Boa.  She gave chase, but the men were faster and the goats were scary!

Any way The Brigade of the Purple Feather Boa shall ride onward to reap the benefits of the realm of Sir Ken.  (Or just pillage the villages in the area around the castle until our wants and demands are met!)

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #779 on: June 04, 2008, 07:05:54 AM »

The land of old goats and grannies-------well, that is probably closer to the truth than the royal titles----------but I like the fantasy better. Reality stinks!   So, I am ready for my tea and crumpets now, whenever the help is ready to serve it. :clap;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #780 on: June 04, 2008, 08:49:11 AM »

Alas the Avon ladies who were supposed to be watching Sir Kev were tempted by Sir Ken and Sir Sluffington into mischief created by some goat herd they had. Lady Kitkat saw the commotion while trying on a pair of shoes that would have matched the Purple Feather Boa.  She gave chase, but the men were faster and the goats were scary!

Any way The Brigade of the Purple Feather Boa shall ride onward to reap the benefits of the realm of Sir Ken.  (Or just pillage the villages in the area around the castle until our wants and demands are met!)

They outran you this time Kit, but keep an eye out - a security camera recorded their escape.

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #781 on: June 04, 2008, 09:01:46 AM »

Ahh they were true Scots after all  I see. 

Lady Kitkat, I have found shoes to match thy boa and (if this new fangled technology works ) I may have attached a picture of them.  All ladies of the realm shall henceforth be entitled to a pair and Sir Kenneth will foot the bill (no pun intended)!!!!!!

Come Purple Boa Brigade, we may have lost Kevno (and only he knows that he was in fact wearing the Avon lipstick and purple eye shadow when he fled) but we can soon snare a Sluffbunny...or an unsuspecting Uniballer who has yet to put his head above the parapet.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:12:18 AM by rose1999 » Logged
kevno

« Reply #782 on: June 04, 2008, 09:44:08 AM »

Somebody say tea and crumpets :P Hope you put jam on :2thumbsup;

Those Avon ladies will never catch me on them zimmer frames. I'm to quick with my trusted Steed Tornado. Well he getting on a bit so I have renamed him "Puff of Wind" He once belonged to Lady Kitkat Godiva. When she did that famous ride through the streets of Coventry :secret;

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #783 on: June 04, 2008, 10:04:31 AM »

OOHH   My dear Countess Rose,  what divine footwear thou hast uncovered and with which the ladies of the Brigade shall to a woman clad their delicate feet.  Most divine of all (though please do not think me bellicose of nature) is the dual purpose to which those formidable heels may be put.  My mind wanders to defensive kicks swiftly dealt to the more roguish gentlemen (I use the term lightly) of the realm....those silly goats who dare to label our fair sex old ladies.  THE NERVE.  

They distract us with goats but we shall have the last kick and bring them to their knees but if they treat us with the respect due our noble rank we may agree to suspend hostilities for a night on the town with dancing and merriment.  Let them believe we are "obedient" as we charm them with our wiles.  What sayst thee lovely ladies of the empire??  

Oh there he is that scoundrel K and his Puff of Wind.  Taunting to the end.  I say we not give chase directly but rather lure him and his companions in with the promise of a nice High Tea.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #784 on: July 26, 2008, 09:29:02 PM »

I am paging Sir Ken  :sir ken; back to this thread immediately.  I have a few royal questions for him. After all he named me DUCHESS KITKATZ EMPRESS OF CHOCOLATE BARS. I need to know if you have recovered from the spending spree at Harrod's and if it is my turn to go, yet? I have a few wants and needs, as well as a need for high tea in the afternoon.  Please send one or more of your credit cards with the limousine as soon as possible to meet me at Heathrow Airport. I will be sporting the purple boa and high heels. 

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #785 on: July 26, 2008, 11:47:13 PM »

My Dearest Empress Kitkatz, here is a nice purple bag to carry the chocolate bars through Heathrow..............I thougth it went nicely with the shoes and boa (hope it attaches as one is not very good at attachments, being a Countess and normally having a butler to do these things). 

I will arrange for the red carpet to be rolled out at Heathrow if you would kindly advise of your arrival date.

If any other lady of the Purple Boa Brigade woudl like one of these bags then it can go on Sir Ken's credit card................see you all in Harrods!

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #786 on: July 27, 2008, 07:08:42 AM »

We are just a purple bunch.  :flower;
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #787 on: July 27, 2008, 07:37:12 AM »

Oh Sluffbunny when I saw your name as the last one to post I thought you'd dropped in to ask for a purple bag (to go with the shoes and boa that we know you have hidden away)  :rofl; :bunny:
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #788 on: July 27, 2008, 07:42:17 AM »

:rofl;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #789 on: July 27, 2008, 09:17:47 AM »

:secret;  you weren't supposed to expose my deepest fantasy like that.  :boxing;  ;)
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #790 on: July 27, 2008, 10:32:18 AM »

:oops;
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #791 on: July 27, 2008, 11:21:50 AM »

Oh the lovely Kingdom of Sir Ken.   Kitkatz, Ken may never recover from the damage done to his credit cards!   Hmmmm--I wonder if he has a store account at Harrod's that we can just charge it to there?  Sir Ken, you are missed by all your lovely ladies in waiting!  And not just for your credit cards!! :rofl;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #792 on: July 27, 2008, 06:57:03 PM »

If I cannot have a shopping spree at Harrod's with Sir Ken's credit cards, I am going to cry large alligator tears for a week.  However I love the purple bag, it goes lovely with the shoes and the boa.  Now a search for the perfect garment to wear with it.  I cannot arrive in England naked.

lifenotonthelist.com

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #793 on: July 29, 2008, 04:37:25 PM »

Here is the dress I have found to go with the shoes and bag.

lifenotonthelist.com

paris
Member for Life

« Reply #794 on: July 29, 2008, 04:52:08 PM »

Absolutely gorgeous! :2thumbsup;  You certainly will be a vision of purple.     Now, where is Sir Ken?  Maybe he is making plans for your arrival!

Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #795 on: July 29, 2008, 06:41:46 PM »

He's working 4 jobs to pay off his credit cards!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #796 on: July 29, 2008, 06:53:49 PM »

Romona, :secret; if Kitkatz is getting new clothes, maybe we need to spiff up our wardrobes?  She might catch Ken's eye and then our meal ticket will be gone!

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #797 on: July 29, 2008, 08:59:20 PM »

I need to find someones credit cards to use.   :(
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #798 on: July 29, 2008, 09:00:10 PM »

Too late, I have claimed Sir Ken's credit cards for the dress, shoes and hand bag!  You ladies will have to deal with the Viscount Sir Sluffington.

lifenotonthelist.com

rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #799 on: July 29, 2008, 10:33:05 PM »

I love the dress , Kit will look fantastic, a vision in purple, but don't forget we have Kevno's card (taken when we had him in captivity) and I think we other ladies of the Realm all need one of these if we are to catch the eye of a gallant Knight.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »