I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Nxstage.com A great company doing great things, check it out. Portable Dialysis.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nxstage.com A great company doing great things, check it out. Portable Dialysis.  (Read 86354 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2006, 09:54:48 PM »

I had a look at your pictures, and I am so jealous!!! :'( :'( :'(

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2006, 10:04:49 PM »

Remember though, I paid my dues for 12+ years straight of in-center hemo, NO transplant.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2006, 04:44:44 AM »

Remember though, I paid my dues for 12+ years straight of in-center hemo, NO transplant.
I hope I won't have to wait that long (NxStage is not available where I live yet)

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2006, 03:31:13 PM »

Today, after many months of discussing NxStage at every visit w/ the Neph, I finally pinned him down.  I reminded him that federal law requires every dialysis clinic to inform every patient of all options available and to either give the patient what they want or find a clinic that does.  I reminded him that I have been trying since Nov of last year to find a NxStage program closer than Atlanta (two hours away) and find a closer clinic teaching the buttonhole technique.  I told him we will settle for nothing else and will drive to Atlanta if we have to.  I also told him I am amazed that clinics aren't scrambling to get these (home dialysis and buttonholes) which can save the clinics many thousands of $$$.  Finally, he said, "Okay, we have a meeting on Thurs with people form the local clinics (Davita, Fresenius, and another I can't remember).  I'll bring it up then."  Yahoo! Finally a tiny step forward -- education about the NxStage and buttonholes is coming to the clinics in Greenville, SC.

During the conversation, one of the comments he made was, "If this machine is that great, there must be other dialysis patients who would want it."  I had to explain to him that most of the local clinics are NOT telling patients that home hemodialysis is available.  We know that first hand because we visited THREE, and none of them offered it to us as an option.  Then add to that, the clinics had never heard of NxStage, so they certainly can't be telling the patients about it.  So how can patients request a method or a machine the clinics don't offer or never heard of? ???  The patients and their families have to be like all of us here -- get on-line, find a place like this, educate ourselves, educate the nephs and local clinics, and keep bugging them until they're sick of hearing about it and do something.  Yep, we have to be proactive.  NxStage ought to be paying us commission. ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 07:16:49 AM by Black » Logged

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Jaybird

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2006, 09:07:07 PM »

HI!

I guess I was lucky. I just started dialysis last month and I am already going home with the nxstage machine with a "Button Hole" already established. I had really bad luck with dialysis at first, the folks who initially stuck me the first week of diaylsis nearly ruined my arm with 3 infiltrations in 5 days. I started dialysis with Davita in Mid-town Atlanta after that and I am ready to go home 3 weeks later! cool huh!

I HIGHLY reccomend getting the button hole and trying out this new machine.

:beer1; Jaybird
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2006, 09:58:42 PM »

HI!

I guess I was lucky. I just started dialysis last month and I am already going home with the nxstage machine with a "Button Hole" already established. I had really bad luck with dialysis at first, the folks who initially stuck me the first week of dialysis nearly ruined my arm with 3 infiltrations in 5 days. I started dialysis with Davita in Mid-town Atlanta after that and I am ready to go home 3 weeks later! cool huh!

I HIGHLY reccomend getting the button hole and trying out this new machine.

:beer1; Jaybird

If we can't find a NxStage program in SC we'll be going there, even if we have to move to GA to do it. Glad to hear you have had a good experience there.  How long did you wait to get into the home program and start NxStage training?

Lorelle

Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Jaybird

« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2006, 06:28:30 PM »

I only waited 1 week to get in. My doctor had some pusha nd he was very insistant. You have to PUSH these people. The clinic I was in had MANY empt seats. There is no reason they shouldnt take more people as soon as they get them.

Another good aspect of the button hole is taht my arm isnt disfigured. When I am not on dialysis and i'm not wearing bandades on my arm it looks almost nromal. I have two little "bumps" almost like pimples on my arms. Hardly anyone notices them, and if they do its because of my fistula sticking out and not the little buttonholes in my arm.

good luck!
mark j

« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2006, 11:38:30 AM »

my wife and i start training for home hemo (on the nx stage unit) on dec 4th at a center 3hrs from home in Albany NY.   We cant wait!  With all the input I've read about from the different forums, i was able to get an OK from my Dr to transfer to the new center to begin training.  the only problem is that my center isn't helping me with self cannulating and buttonhole development.  I was hoping to have my buttonholes developed by the time we started training.  At first they said they could help me, but now they are not as accommodating.  I am really looking forward to being able to dialyse at home on my schedule, especially with winter fast approaching........
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2006, 06:58:37 PM »

Just wishing you and your wife some Good Luck Mark J.  Hope all goes well for you  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2006, 03:44:56 PM »

my wife and i start training for home hemo (on the nx stage unit) on dec 4th at a center 3hrs from home in Albany NY.   We cant wait!  With all the input I've read about from the different forums, i was able to get an OK from my Dr to transfer to the new center to begin training.  the only problem is that my center isn't helping me with self cannulating and buttonhole development.  I was hoping to have my buttonholes developed by the time we started training.  At first they said they could help me, but now they are not as accommodating.  I am really looking forward to being able to dialyse at home on my schedule, especially with winter fast approaching........

:2thumbsup; :clap; Congratulations!!  Hope everything goes well.

Lorelle

Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2006, 04:29:15 PM »

You will do well!! 

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2007, 12:20:28 AM »

You will do well!! 

:bump; (even though this thread has a "sticky"  ;) )

Be sure to check out http://www.ilovenxstage.com for updates.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Andy55

« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2007, 12:30:15 AM »

Epoman:
Since I'm still in pre-D mode..let me ask a dumb question...besides the "portability" benefits (huge), do you actually feel better, the same or worse physically using the Nxstage? Is this a system suited for newbie dialysis patients?  Thanks!

Andy

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Jaybird

« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »

I don't know about Epo, But I am a novice dialysis patient, and I am doing fine on this machine. I haven't traveled with it yet, but I am going to be doing it soon. Has anyone traveled and had the bags shipped ahead of them? I wonder what a hotel will think when they get loads of heavy boxes for a person for only 4 nights stay.  :P

Jaybird
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2007, 07:44:34 PM »

Epoman:
Since I'm still in pre-D mode..let me ask a dumb question...besides the "portability" benefits (huge), do you actually feel better, the same or worse physically using the Nxstage? Is this a system suited for newbie dialysis patients?  Thanks!

I'm not Epoman, but my husband, Mike, started dialysis on 2/5/07 and he started on the NxStage.  After two sessions he felt better and on the morning of the third day, before dialysis, he said his eyesight was much improved.  He has continued to improve.

Lorelle

Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Andy55

« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2007, 10:05:04 PM »

Thanks Black and Jaybird!!  ...good info for me to take in at this stage  :thumbup;

Andy

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2007, 10:30:30 PM »

Epoman:

There is no dumb questions. :) I think the biggest improvement for me has been the "emotional/mental" relief. I think the NxStage was designed for Newbie patients. It is VERY easy to use and I think the best thing you can do for your life is to start dialysis using the NxStage. I do feel a little better and I NEVER have fluid overload and that is a HUGE benefit, I used to dread Sunday nights. The thing is, I was "in-center" for 13 years and a lot of damage was done to my body over those years. So it is very hard to judge. But I do know that I can say to you with confidence that staying out of in-center and getting on NxStage will be the best thing for you. If you can turn on a computer, press some buttons and follow a manual you can use the NxStage.

- Epoman
Owner/Admin

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »