I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Dont park in my space !
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dont park in my space !  (Read 2885 times)
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« on: July 05, 2007, 01:13:15 PM »

Well what a lot of caring people we have in my country! I have just got into a heated discusion on a uk forum with someone over parking. A woman has just said that if the parking spaces for mother and child are filled at the supermarket she uses the disabled spaces , to which everyone said , well thats not right. Her reply was , well half the folk ,there is nothing wrong with them , they look fine , at which point i jumped in !!!! I said i might look fine , but i do have a serious illness and am sick of the attitude of people like her. I said i am sick of old men with walking sticks having a go at me because i DONT  look ill. Her reply was , if you look ok , it cant be that bad , and old men with walking sticks had every right to attack me !! Such a caring person, i hope she is never ill !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:21:23 PM »

Holy Mother Mary!! Parking places for Mother and Child??? Where were those when I was carting around my 4 little ones? Never heard of such a thing. It's not like being a mom is a disability anyway! Does she think having a child with her is equal to a person with a disabilty? Doesn't she "look" ok?? That woman is the epitome of "ignorance is bliss" and she should be blessed with what ever comes her way!  :urcrazy;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
LightLizard

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 01:56:51 PM »

that's one of the really big problems with kidney disease, people often look at you as if you're faking something because you look ok. even my partner sometimes challenges me because i don't appear to be as ill as i feel.
but that woman seriously needs a reality check.
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 01:58:16 PM »

Holy Mother Mary!! Parking places for Mother and Child??? Where were those when I was carting around my 4 little ones? Never heard of such a thing. It's not like being a mom is a disability anyway! Does she think having a child with her is equal to a person with a disability? Doesn't she "look" ok?? That woman is the epitome of "ignorance is bliss" and she should be blessed with what ever comes her way!  :urcrazy;

I have never seen parking spaces for mothers that have kids with them, but I have seen maternity parking spaces.  Either way though a disabled parking space is a disabled parking space.  If you do not have a disability or an illness that grants you a placard/license plate you have no right parking there and should have your car towed plain and simple.

It's not easy being green.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »

This woman seems to think she has more right to park there because she has 3 kids and also adds ' if i am fit enough to walk round the supermarket , then i am fit enough to walk from a normal parking space on the car park ! the only people that should be able to use those spaces are the ones that have to crawl on their hands and knees !

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 03:20:15 PM »

Someone certainly needs a reality check.  Whammo with a big stick across the head!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
charee
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 07:53:52 PM »

Here in oz we have the mother and baby parking spaces right next to the entrance , as Karol said where were they when i had kids but honestly did i really need them ???  I think disabled people have a greater need and its has been said before but heaven help that woman if she ever gets sick with an attitude like that :urcrazy;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »