I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 12:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Room Reservations and Intinerary for Vegas October 13th 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Room Reservations and Intinerary for Vegas October 13th 2007  (Read 30746 times)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2007, 04:51:50 PM »

That wasn't funny!  I am in a foul mood today and that didn't help!!!!   If I am coming alll the way from the east coast, all the big guys better be there!  Not letting myself get too excited---waiting for something out of my control to happen.   Yes, I am in a gloom and doom mood.   I need to play some slots to cheer me up!!!!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2007, 04:52:21 PM »

Map quest says it is 1815 miles to Vegas for me. Sounds like a nice ride.  :bandance; :bandance;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2007, 04:53:26 PM »

That wasn't funny!  I am in a foul mood today and that didn't help!!!!   If I am coming alll the way from the east coast, all the big guys better be there!  Not letting myself get too excited---waiting for something out of my control to happen.   Yes, I am in a gloom and doom mood.   I need to play some slots to cheer me up!!!!

I'll be there hon..I just need to start pan handling.

Cheer up hon..looking forward to meeting you.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2007, 04:56:44 PM »

I just called and they won't take a reservation for Saturday and Sunday nights.  Only Friday and Saturday nights.  They said I'd have to walk in and see if there is a room available on Saturday night.  Now that is gambling.

Any suggestions?

thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2007, 05:04:49 PM »

i hate to do this but i'm not going to be able to come. and i was so looking forward to it. things have just transpired over the last couple of months to make it not financially feasible to come. the topper was last Thursday while taking my daughter to work we got rear ended. after spending 4 hours in the er, april and i are ok but things we will have to pay up front and wait for reimbursement from the guys insurance company means i don't have the money for the trip. i'm sure everyone will have a grand time and i will be thinking of you.

-s

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2007, 05:12:17 PM »

I just called and they won't take a reservation for Saturday and Sunday nights.  Only Friday and Saturday nights.  They said I'd have to walk in and see if there is a room available on Saturday night.  Now that is gambling.

Any suggestions?

That is BS Rerun..I will get that straightened out for you. I will call you as soon as I get this squared away.

Sluff

Grammalady I'm sorry you can't make it, guess you will have to hold the fort down on the site while we are away.  :lol;
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2007, 05:13:13 PM »

Awwww Grammalady, say it isnt so!!!  But believe me, i totally understand about the finances and all.  I hope something comes your way so that you can make it afterall  :bow;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2007, 07:31:01 PM »

:yahoo;  I made my reservation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :clap;   :bandance;     :yahoo;     Sluff,  I had no trouble booking mine.  Thanks for all your hard work.  Rates were exactly what you said and they were very nice.  This old "nana" is leaving her problems behind and going to Vegas, baby!!!!!    My family says I change personalities when I get there-so watch out people!  Seriously, I am looking so forward to meeting everyone and sharing some time together. :grouphug;      I booked the room for Fri. Sat, and Sunday.   
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 07:37:02 PM by paris » Logged

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2007, 08:53:23 PM »

We are coming in on Friday and leaving Monday. Now why did hubby sound surprised when I told him about this little jaunt??

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2007, 09:12:08 PM »

Paris, i am sooo looking forward to meeting you my friend, OMG, it is getting close (how the hell am i going to lose 50 lbs. in a month)  ??? :banghead;  ::)

www.kidneyoogle.com
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2007, 09:23:37 PM »

That means I have to lose 50 pounds, dye my gray hair, get some stylish outfits----sorry, too tired to even begin changing anything :rofl; !    My daughter, Beth, who is coming with me says she is very proud of me because this is not something I would usually do.  But, that is how important IHD is to me-- and I am learning to live more in the moment. Susie, so happy you will be there. I couldn't imagine it being a party without you.   I am in a much better mood since I made the reservation.  Something to look forward to!!!

Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2007, 10:23:19 PM »

I think everyone's personality changes in LV.
You go there tired and there is something energizing about
that place.  You get energized and just keep going and going,
like energizer bunny.  The lights, sounds, smells, etc. just
set one in motion.  lol.
I'd still like to go but I sort of have to wait to see how my foot
is closer to the time.  I feel like I'm always living on the edge where
it is concerned.  If I'd get to come, I'd bring my oldest son or a
real good friend. 

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2007, 04:35:23 AM »

I can't wait to meet all of you!! I'm getting soooooooo excited.
Jill D.

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2007, 10:44:55 AM »

:yahoo; I finally booked my trip this morning!!!!! :yahoo; I am sooooooooooo excited. Of course, it didn't take much to twist my husband's arm to go to Vegas, plus I threw out that it could be my birthday present (gotta be there to help Suzie celebrate too!) Paris, your post gave me the nudge I needed to quit procrastinating! I have been dreaming about the meet the last two nights. Like Sluff said, I am sooooooo excited to meet everyone that will be there! Sluff, thank you so much for carrying out Epoman's dream of having a US meet. I think it's the start of something big...... :bandance; :bandance;

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2007, 12:04:41 PM »

Wooohooooooo, Jill D. is in the hizzouse  :yahoo;  I have already started packing, mainly my supplies and other small things, like camera, battery charger, blow dryer *ahem* video camera  :oops;  (thats for private use) ;) :P   This is going to be great  :2thumbsup;  :bandance; :bandance;

www.kidneyoogle.com
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »

Yeah Jill!  We will meet after all this time!!  I am so excited.   :yahoo;  My husband and I are going over to Bryce Canyon for a couple of days, then Vegas. He leaves on Saturday, but my daughter, Beth, is arriving Friday.  I have been reading some posts to my husband and he now really understands what this website means to me.    Susie, packing??  Does this mean I can forget the weight, the grey hair and pack too?     Again, Jill, I am so glad - you made my day!

Razman

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2007, 10:34:41 AM »

I had planned / hoped to be with everyone but  my wife and I leave for  2 weeks vacation in Punta Cana , Dominican Republic on Oct 13.  I trust that there will be lots of pictures and stories shared and  hopfully there will be another one next year !!!   I'll have at least one drink for each of you while I'm sitting around the pool !!    :wine;
Jill D.

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2007, 01:58:08 PM »

Yeah Jill!  We will meet after all this time!!  I am so excited.   :yahoo;  My husband and I are going over to Bryce Canyon for a couple of days, then Vegas. He leaves on Saturday, but my daughter, Beth, is arriving Friday.  I have been reading some posts to my husband and he now really understands what this website means to me.    Susie, packing??  Does this mean I can forget the weight, the grey hair and pack too?     Again, Jill, I am so glad - you made my day!

:yahoo; I can hardley wait!!!!  :yahoo;

Razman - have a great time in Punta Cana...my husband and I vacationed there in '03 and had a great time. Just be sure to stick with the foods you are familiar with, and use bottled water even for brushing your teeth. We did fine, but I know a few people who got very sick there - even one woman who had to be hospitalized for two weeks when she returned to the US because she had such a bad bacterial infection.

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2007, 02:06:52 PM »

Awwww Razman, you will be missed amigo,  i hope you and your wife have a great time  :2thumbsup;  And i too, although i will more than likely be sitting next to a slot machine "COME ON BIG BERTHA"  :bow;  instead of a pool, but i'm gonna take a shot of tequila just for you ok,  oh no no no, no thanks needed, it will be all my pleasure :) ;) :P  

A little over a month away and i am sooooo excited  :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;

www.kidneyoogle.com
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »

I finally made a room reservation at El Cortez - arriving Friday and leaving Monday.  :2thumbsup;

FYI: Not sure how they book the rooms but here's a suggestion: I noticed some rooms have stairs only, no elevator, so double check that you have access to a room with an elevator (plus they have handicap rooms) if you've got limited mobility or have lots of PD supplies to carry.  :twocents;

Can you believe that the day we meet - October 13 -- is my one year anniversary of the day I joined IHD!!?? And it's close to Goofynina's birthday too!  :bandance; Party!!!  :bandance;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »

One month!!  I am getting excited.  I will be at the El Cortez Friday thru Monday, also.  I bet we have a long list of things to celebrate while we are there :bandance;

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »

Paris I will not be wearing a kilt in vegas, at least not in public.  :)
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;   

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2007, 04:05:07 PM »

No Kilt! Damn I wanted a look at those nobby knees!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2007, 04:09:13 PM »

Holy Mackeral,  ONE, count it, ONE :P month away,  IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!  Oh no, when i get nervous i get stomach bubbles, lol, seeeeeeee,  :o  Did you hear that?  ::)   and i think Sluff in a Kilt is an awesome idea  :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;

www.kidneyoogle.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »