I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 02:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  you decide
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: you decide  (Read 2920 times)
keefer51

« on: June 03, 2007, 03:06:18 PM »

I tried writing this and my computer shut off. Just my luck! A week after my transplant i became very ill. I couldn't even move. A neighbor came and rushed me to the hospital. I had a very high fever. It would start at 102 and go to 105. It was tetermined that i was taking too much immuran a drug used for anti rejection. They had given me a book to take home and in it were the dosages and time to take the meds. Someone had wrote down a double dosage of immuran. [Proberly my exwife haha] So i am in a hospital bed laying on a giant cold pack filled with water. The thing also had a long tube that was in my butt. I lay there crying everytime the fever would peak and this ice water would go through this pack. Late at night a nurse would come in and ask if i needed any thing. I told her i needed some thing to wipe my face. She took a cloth and wet it when she saw i was shaking she did her self. All week she would come in and take care of me. After a couple of days i was able to talk so i asked her name. She said Franie. Franie told me she just got married. I always felt bad because she would sometimes stay a little over her time. I said one time Franie please go home your new huband wants you there. She would just say I'm ok i want you to feel better. Well i must tell you my friend this nurse made a nightmare into something that wasn't bad at all. The only problem that to this day i can't figure out is this. I went back with a plant to the hospital and went up to her floor. I said to the nurses there please make sure Franie gets this there was also a card. They had told me along with many other people that worked there the same answer; There is no Franie that worked any where in that hospital.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 03:15:53 PM »

Someone was looking over you Keef!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 03:53:48 PM »

Keefer don't question it. It's great that you wanted to thank her and I am so glad you pulled through this obvious nightmare. God works in mysterious ways. If you really need to find her than just ask who newlywed is.
keefer51

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 07:18:42 PM »

There were so many people that told me that because of the high fever i was just seeing things like i was triping. But no one can explain the gentle touch this women had. No one ever came in the room when she was there. In the Bible there are no female angels. At least i never found a scripture with them in it. But she was my angel even if it was just a week. I can never tell that story without tearing up. To have that much love and compassion for another in todays society is hard to find. She changed that for me.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 08:02:39 PM »

Angels come is all shapes and sizes.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
bluedove57

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:04:05 AM »

I believe you had an angel of God watching over you giving you just what you needed at that moment. There are female angels from stories I've read and heard. You were blessed in a special way some people never see. I believe you were not helucinating. It was all real.
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 09:52:28 PM »

I believe you had an angel of God watching over you giving you just what you needed at that moment. There are female angels from stories I've read and heard. You were blessed in a special way some people never see. I believe you were not helucinating. It was all real.

I agree!

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 04:50:48 PM »

I cried as I read this. I hope Franie is watching over you still.
There are too many stories like yours for me not to believe in angels.  :angel;
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »