I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2017, 05:14:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
515043 Posts in 32159 Topics by 11648 Members
Latest Member: iganepro
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis (Moderator: Charlie B53)
| | |-+  Post pictures here of your Home Dialysis setup. ***NOW WITH PICS***
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post pictures here of your Home Dialysis setup. ***NOW WITH PICS***  (Read 59113 times)
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2014, 09:08:44 AM »

Would love to be able to get one of those for my husband someday.
Google "walmart overbed table" - you will see numerous choices.
LisaBart

« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2015, 04:08:59 AM »

I thought I'd post some pics of the set up I have sorted for Alan.  I think I have made it really comfortable and practical for him.
kristina
Premium Member
Elite Member

« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2015, 05:59:11 AM »

Thank you for these pictures, LisaBart,
The set-up looks very neat, very cleverly thought-out and your pictures are very much appreciated.
Please tell me about Alan's home-dialysis: is it peritoneal or hemo?
Thanks again from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
LisaBart

« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2015, 02:59:30 AM »

Hemo Kristina.  Got the bed as he may eventually do overnight....but right now is doing every second day, or night, whichever works around me actually as sometimes I need to work at our salon...never know when I may have to go in when staff let me down....like the last week!  :stressed;
I had the carpet pulled up and industrial vinyl laid on the floor, so any spills can be cleaned easily.  This room had been my office....
we had a pull cord put through the ceiling to switch light on/off above bed and as it's winter here right now it's a cosy room off the lounge with the wood heater close by. Am pretty pleased with how it turned out.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »

Bravo! Thanks for sharing the pics. Sharing ideas helps all of us. Your "clinic" looks very well organized. I am a firm believer in being organized because it saves time and effort. And in some cases, one's sanity.

Husband has ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his carepartner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
Hootie

« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2015, 10:51:29 AM »

We have carpet in our treatment room....we placed three horse barn pads down to sit machine (from Tractor Supply), chair (Lay Z boy deluxe model in leather), supply container for disposables,  and rolling caregiver stool like they use in center. Works great. Its heavy black rubber but no issues with spilled solution on carpets. Its important to get everything within close reach to make it go easier and faster.

Caregiver for wife with ESRD and type Type 1 diabetes (almost 50 years).  HHD with NxStage machine January 2015.
Transplanted  December 7, 2016
JW77

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »

Updated pics of the new AK96..  You can view these without a Facebook account, this is a public link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.116067695150.201672.778645150&type=1&l=02a3b3a45b

Creator of London Kidney Social: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LondonKidneySocial/

Medical stuff, includes 3 kidneys, cancer, meningitis, 1 heart attack and its long and not that interesting! Maybe one day I'll write a book.! `

I have an eclectic taste in music, I fly kites, I read, write, tog, blog and have a bit of a passion for multicellular eukaryotes, and kites.

Founder of Kites4Kidneys - Start making your kites for WKD 2015..
https://www.facebook.com/kites4kidneys
charlesc

« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2016, 05:07:55 PM »

LisaBart,

Nice looking setup that you have.
Question about the roller drawer cabinet. Is that a "mechanic's" tool cabinet? Looks like one. That is a great idea.
Please confirm,
Thanks,
CCC
Charlie B53
Global Moderator
Elite Member

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2016, 08:33:13 PM »

FINALLY, figured out how to get pictures off my phone.  I did it once before, but it's been a couple of years, at least.  Now that I've figured it out again I feel pretty stupid, again, as it is actually quite easy.  D'oh moment!  I just need to remember, when Windows makes that noise when i PLUG IN THE PHONE, TO OPEN THE PHONE AND PUSH THE ok bUTTON.   Damn capslock button!

So, finally, here is a picture of my Cycler at Home, sitting on my fishtank table/stand. Top covered with aluminum foil that I can sterilze easily as I doubt if anyone can sterilize plywood easily.  Lower shelf has boxes of supplies.  IV pole on the left side, and you can almost see into the hallway the first of many stacks of PD solutions in boxes.

Next time maybe I should turn on a couple of lights, or try midday when it is lighter.

Oh, and you can barely make out my drain bucket that I've forgotten to empty THREE TIMES, so far, sitting at the base of the IV pole.  I could run a drain hose to the bathroom, but with my luck I or the Wife, or Dog, or Cat, would trip over it during the night.

Edited - Added Drain Comment - Charlie B53 - Moderator/Poster - 3/9/16

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:37:06 PM by Charlie B53 » Logged
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2016, 09:14:07 PM »

So, finally, here is a picture of my Cycler at Home, sitting on my fishtank table/stand. Top covered with aluminum foil that I can sterilze easily as I doubt if anyone can sterilize plywood easily.

Thanks for sharing your setup, Charlie B53! I am still using a wooden TV tray table for my husband's setup. I bought a roll of clear stick on contact paper and cut it to the size of the tray table. It makes for a good wipeable surface and is easy to replace when needed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it so if your aluminum foil is working good, then great. Just thought I'd share my idea here.

Edited: Fixed quote tag error-kitkatz,Admin
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:16:23 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Husband has ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his carepartner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
Charlie B53
Global Moderator
Elite Member

« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2016, 09:30:43 PM »

LOL

Because I'm a 'Guy',  I wouldn't have thought of either shelf paper or drawer liner.

I will definitely be looking for next time, as even the heavy gauge foil is very easy to get a hole in it, and that defeats to whole purpose of the cover.
SKS

I'm the caregiver, SO since 2005 on D 2016

« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2017, 08:29:01 AM »

I notice most pics are from 2006   Getting ready for Home APD and would love some input with pics on set-ups.  I've done ours in my head and physically rearranging right now for a Friday home PD start up.  Prior one year for Russ on In-center Hemo.  Switching to get away from inefficient and unfriendly center in Fl as snow birds.  Also to keep consistent and have some daytime free.  2 older dogs in home. Any current  input appreciated THX
kickingandscreaming
Premium Member
Elite Member

« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2017, 11:25:47 AM »

I don't have a way of getting a picture of my set up, but I can describe it.  I keep my cycler in my bedroom on a cart which I got from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/TRINITY-EcoStorage-3-Tier-Chrome-Cart/dp/B008ALBHWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500228827&sr=8-1&keywords=TRINITY+EcoStorage+3-Tier+NSF+Chrome+Cart )

I keep the cycler on the top shelf along with space for one of the big fluid bags.  The other bag sits on the cycler itself and a third bag sits on the shelf below the cycer.. To the right of the bag on the top shelf is a basket that contains hand cleaner and Alcavis and towelletes for cleaning the cycler and and shelf.

On the 2 bottom shelves I have various office storage container with drawers for stuff like sterile gauze, tape, syringes and heparin, minicaps, etc. and a container for patient line and drain line extensions.  I have a big bag (with handles) that hangs on the posts on one side of the cart and that bag contains disposable cassette sets.

There are additional outposts throughout the house where I have various supplies stored.

Although I set up my cycler in my bedroom I actually do the final patient line hookup in my bathroom.  I set it up this way because i, too, have an elderly dog and she is often on my bed when I set up the cycler.  I know she's not supposed to be there breathing on everything but I draw the line in kicking her out of the room.  And I figure she and I pretty much share a microbiome after 13+ years of living together.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
SKS

I'm the caregiver, SO since 2005 on D 2016

« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2017, 08:00:17 AM »

Thanks for input - Last night was first at home.  We found a Kitchen Island on Wayfair with 3 drawers, 2 shelves and wheels. I've set it up in Dining Room which is central to bath, bedroom, and computer desk.  Our PD nurse visited yesterday and thinks we have a good set up.  Used a gate for awake dog during hook up. Left asleep dog laying which nurse said after observing them yesterday should work.  After a few more days if it works well I'll put a picture on. 
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »

I find one of these works great for needles, alcohol wipes, tubes, etc:

https://www.amazon.com/Seville-Classics-10-Drawer-Organizer-Pearlized/dp/B00OM52MX2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1500754368&sr=8-3&keywords=supply+cart

And one of these for canulation setup and for the laptop to while away the time while I dialyze:

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-Overbed-Table-Composite-Top/dp/B000BJGHPM/ref=sr_1_11_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1500754468&sr=8-11&keywords=overbed+table

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 01:16:34 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »