I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:18:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Post pictures here of your Home Dialysis setup. ***NOW WITH PICS***
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post pictures here of your Home Dialysis setup. ***NOW WITH PICS***  (Read 99358 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2016, 08:33:13 PM »

FINALLY, figured out how to get pictures off my phone.  I did it once before, but it's been a couple of years, at least.  Now that I've figured it out again I feel pretty stupid, again, as it is actually quite easy.  D'oh moment!  I just need to remember, when Windows makes that noise when i PLUG IN THE PHONE, TO OPEN THE PHONE AND PUSH THE ok bUTTON.   Damn capslock button!

So, finally, here is a picture of my Cycler at Home, sitting on my fishtank table/stand. Top covered with aluminum foil that I can sterilze easily as I doubt if anyone can sterilize plywood easily.  Lower shelf has boxes of supplies.  IV pole on the left side, and you can almost see into the hallway the first of many stacks of PD solutions in boxes.

Next time maybe I should turn on a couple of lights, or try midday when it is lighter.

Oh, and you can barely make out my drain bucket that I've forgotten to empty THREE TIMES, so far, sitting at the base of the IV pole.  I could run a drain hose to the bathroom, but with my luck I or the Wife, or Dog, or Cat, would trip over it during the night.

Edited - Added Drain Comment - Charlie B53 - Moderator/Poster - 3/9/16

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:37:06 PM by Charlie B53 » Logged
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2016, 09:14:07 PM »

So, finally, here is a picture of my Cycler at Home, sitting on my fishtank table/stand. Top covered with aluminum foil that I can sterilze easily as I doubt if anyone can sterilize plywood easily.

Thanks for sharing your setup, Charlie B53! I am still using a wooden TV tray table for my husband's setup. I bought a roll of clear stick on contact paper and cut it to the size of the tray table. It makes for a good wipeable surface and is easy to replace when needed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it so if your aluminum foil is working good, then great. Just thought I'd share my idea here.

Edited: Fixed quote tag error-kitkatz,Admin
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:16:23 PM by kitkatz » Logged

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2016, 09:30:43 PM »

LOL

Because I'm a 'Guy',  I wouldn't have thought of either shelf paper or drawer liner.

I will definitely be looking for next time, as even the heavy gauge foil is very easy to get a hole in it, and that defeats to whole purpose of the cover.
SKS

I'm the caregiver, SO since 2005 on D 2016

« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2017, 08:29:01 AM »

I notice most pics are from 2006   Getting ready for Home APD and would love some input with pics on set-ups.  I've done ours in my head and physically rearranging right now for a Friday home PD start up.  Prior one year for Russ on In-center Hemo.  Switching to get away from inefficient and unfriendly center in Fl as snow birds.  Also to keep consistent and have some daytime free.  2 older dogs in home. Any current  input appreciated THX
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2017, 11:25:47 AM »

I don't have a way of getting a picture of my set up, but I can describe it.  I keep my cycler in my bedroom on a cart which I got from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/TRINITY-EcoStorage-3-Tier-Chrome-Cart/dp/B008ALBHWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500228827&sr=8-1&keywords=TRINITY+EcoStorage+3-Tier+NSF+Chrome+Cart )

I keep the cycler on the top shelf along with space for one of the big fluid bags.  The other bag sits on the cycler itself and a third bag sits on the shelf below the cycer.. To the right of the bag on the top shelf is a basket that contains hand cleaner and Alcavis and towelletes for cleaning the cycler and and shelf.

On the 2 bottom shelves I have various office storage container with drawers for stuff like sterile gauze, tape, syringes and heparin, minicaps, etc. and a container for patient line and drain line extensions.  I have a big bag (with handles) that hangs on the posts on one side of the cart and that bag contains disposable cassette sets.

There are additional outposts throughout the house where I have various supplies stored.

Although I set up my cycler in my bedroom I actually do the final patient line hookup in my bathroom.  I set it up this way because i, too, have an elderly dog and she is often on my bed when I set up the cycler.  I know she's not supposed to be there breathing on everything but I draw the line in kicking her out of the room.  And I figure she and I pretty much share a microbiome after 13+ years of living together.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
SKS

I'm the caregiver, SO since 2005 on D 2016

« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2017, 08:00:17 AM »

Thanks for input - Last night was first at home.  We found a Kitchen Island on Wayfair with 3 drawers, 2 shelves and wheels. I've set it up in Dining Room which is central to bath, bedroom, and computer desk.  Our PD nurse visited yesterday and thinks we have a good set up.  Used a gate for awake dog during hook up. Left asleep dog laying which nurse said after observing them yesterday should work.  After a few more days if it works well I'll put a picture on. 
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »

I find one of these works great for needles, alcohol wipes, tubes, etc:

https://www.amazon.com/Seville-Classics-10-Drawer-Organizer-Pearlized/dp/B00OM52MX2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1500754368&sr=8-3&keywords=supply+cart

And one of these for canulation setup and for the laptop to while away the time while I dialyze:

https://www.amazon.com/Medline-Overbed-Table-Composite-Top/dp/B000BJGHPM/ref=sr_1_11_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1500754468&sr=8-11&keywords=overbed+table

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 01:16:34 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
Marilee

Hubby was a PD Person - I was 'support'

« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2018, 07:25:01 PM »

Getting good at PD to me meant that: It would not take over the whole house; that we would not make goofs because we were disorganized; and that my hubby would not feel overwhelmed. I figured it’s hard enough to have a permanent body hole to deal with.
I really like the way we got it arranged, and so do our PD nurses (they took pictures to share with other patients). We found some non-medical items that helped and I wanted to share these ideas here:

1.   The tables are actually a set of tables made for camping called the Coleman 4-in-1 Table http://a.co/aM7HPPY. We really like this part of the set up because the tables are nice and narrow, letting us set up right in the entrance hallway and yet not be in the way (being here puts the machine about halfway between the bathroom and the bed). The table legs are adjustable, so we were able to get the height just right. It’s made of aluminum so it’s easy to keep clean and spills don’t hurt it.
2.   Under the left table is where we store a little trash can (for the small bits of plastic, paper and cotton trash) as well as the scale. Easy to pull out when needed and then slide back out of the way when done.
3.   Under the table is a cat’s litter box (size Large) made by Petmate http://a.co/08wSl2u.  I bought this to put the drain bag in because we had a couple of mornings where we woke to find a wet, sticky floor from a small leak. This litter box is lightweight yet strong enough to let us more easily carry the drain bag to the bathroom. It’s big enough that the drain bag isn’t cramped, yet it’s short enough to fit under the table.
4.   On the left table is an 18”x24” aluminum cookie sheet http://a.co/8Zbuc1l. I got this because it has a lip so the bits and bobs don’t accidentally get brushed to the floor while hooking up. And being metal, it’s easy to keep clean, too.
5.   Sitting on the left side of the table are two containers meant for arts ‘n crafts called the Artbin Super Semi-Satchel http://a.co/7kY0v0W, but we use them to store the small consumables so my hubby only has to carry the bags of liquid, cassette and drain bag to the station each day. These containers have dividers in them to help keep things organized. We have two: One for the daily hookup (I labeled it “Table Kit”, and one for dressing his exit site (I labeled it “Bath Kit”). These are handy also when we travel because their lids snap securely in place and their handles are, well, handy!
6.   Behind the wall, out of sight most of the time, is a little refrigerator & microwave that we set up so that he has access to snacks in the night when he can’t sleep. I think that goes a long way toward feeling less trapped by the tether.
7.   The main storage and trash are in a nearby bedroom, out of the way. The large trash (all the plastic jazz) goes into a laundry hamper that has a handle and two wheels because this stuff becomes heavy by the end of the week. I got the hamper because it was larger than kitchen trash containers and the plastic fit inside more easily. Unfortunately, the 35-gallon trash bags that work well don’t quite fold over the hamper’s larger lip – that bit could be better.
8.    My hubby makes sure to ‘break down’ the cardboard boxes daily so that they don’t take up a bunch of room and then all this goes out on trash/recycle day – nowhere near as big a deal as it was when we first started.
Anyway, just bragging I reckon. I hope there are a few ideas there that someone may find useful.

As my hubby would say, "Don't let what you can't do get in the way of what you can."
mholiver

good pilots have a great wingman

« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »

the living room is the supply warehouse with 15-40 boxes at any one time
the bedroom is the clinic
the machine is on a 3 shelf wheeled metal cart from Home Depot or Sams $100
if you use a drain bag, it's on the floor in a plastic catch bin; I use a jug for drain which sits on the floor next to the cart
the plastic storage unit is 3 drawers from WalMart $30
my "end table" is a stool at a height right at my left hand
lighting is a triple bulb unit with added remote controls with remote button on stool
it's wired to just plug into the nearest outlet
hope this helps

let's be safe and be careful out there
best to all,
Mike in Nawlins'
Mr Ken

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2018, 07:42:35 AM »

the living room is the supply warehouse with 15-40 boxes at any one time
the bedroom is the clinic

LOL I have better words to describe it but yep.... I keep saying this stuff does not belong in a home.. Pretty soon there willbe surgery tables in the living rooms. The surgeon will just stop by  and do your surgery right there....

the machine is on a 3 shelf wheeled metal cart from Home Depot or Sams $100
if you use a drain bag, it's on the floor in a plastic catch bin; I use a jug for drain which sits on the floor next to the cart
the plastic storage unit is 3 drawers from WalMart $30

People should not have to be messing with placement of THEIR equipment that is on loan. Cart should be provided. Ask the dialysis center I need a cart....

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2018, 09:49:08 AM »

OL I have better words to describe it but yep.... I keep saying this stuff does not belong in a home.. Pretty soon there will be surgery tables in the living rooms. The surgeon will just stop by  and do your surgery right there....
I think it will be a mobile surgery vehicle, sort of like a bookmobile that pulls up in front of your house.

My mother in law (now deceased) had her tonsils out on the dining room table by an MD that made house calls.
gabor1982

« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2019, 12:06:53 PM »

This is how I PD. :) I usually work on my phone during it, I also like to read.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »