I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Which HD machine to choose
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which HD machine to choose  (Read 2203 times)
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« on: November 19, 2020, 06:48:09 AM »

Hi all I hope you find yourselves as well as can be. I just hope someone can help me.

As I suffer now pretty badly from D related Amyloidosis, my neph wants me on a different machine. Either Gambro 98 or Quanta. I understand the Gambro needs an RO machine, does anyone know if a Quanta sc does too?
Does a lot needs to change in the house concerning water supplies etc in comparison with the Nxstage?

Thanx already,

love, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 06:38:31 AM »

Will you be getting a Lixelle column with your new setup?
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 03:26:57 PM »

Hi Simon, I seriously don’t know. Still waiting for any info. But thanx for asking

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 07:26:33 AM »

Hi Simon, I seriously don’t know. Still waiting for any info. But thanx for asking
Lixelle would seem to be the main reason for switching from NxStage to a machine that uses conventional filters.  It's worth asking your doc and would answer the obvious question "why?".
Treasure

Dialysis Schmalysis!

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 08:39:31 PM »

Anyone using the Tablo? I'm considering it right now-- after 3 horrible turns with the NxStage (and another 3 horrible turns of PD, too) over a 17-year period.

You may worship me anytime you like... go ahead...bow down.  Now! Ok, I'm hungry, go get the grapes.  What? They're not chilled. You're useless! Ok...I'll forgive you...this time hehehe
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 07:04:55 AM »

Anyone using the Tablo? I'm considering it right now-- after 3 horrible turns with the NxStage (and another 3 horrible turns of PD, too) over a 17-year period.
Do you have to change clinics, or does yours offer both NxStage and Tablo?
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 02:08:23 AM »

Dear Cassandra, I feel very sorry for your suffering from a rare D-related Amyloidosis and I am very shocked about it and do hope very much that your doctors can treat you as well as is possible with the appropriate medical treatment and medication for it? I wish you all the best, lots of luck, keep my fingers crossed for you and keep you in my thoughts...
As for my (nearly) four years of dialysis-treatments, I had a chest-inserted tesio-line, which one of the nurses connected 3 x every week to one of the  BRAUN dialysis machines and the whole connecting-process appeared very simple and reassuring, since the nurse concentrated very much "on the job" (no talking during connecting or disconnecting) and all the nurses I met were extremely careful every time ... and since I was also very careful and took the greatest of care to make sure that no  water-drop could ever come near my tesio-line, I feel very lucky that these precautions kept me without infection "around there" throughout my dialysis-years. I do hope that the best medical way forward is found for you a.s.a.p. and please take great care and I send you my best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 02:47:10 AM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 01:17:41 PM »

Sorry, I can’t help you there Treasure

Dear Cassandra, I feel very sorry for your suffering from a rare D-related Amyloidosis and I am very shocked about it and do hope very much that your doctors can treat you as well as is possible with the appropriate medical treatment and medication for it? I wish you all the best, lots of luck, keep my fingers crossed for you and keep you in my thoughts...
As for my (nearly) four years of dialysis-treatments, I had a chest-inserted tesio-line, which one of the nurses connected 3 x every week to one of the  BRAUN dialysis machines and the whole connecting-process appeared very simple and reassuring, since the nurse concentrated very much "on the job" (no talking during connecting or disconnecting) and all the nurses I met were extremely careful every time ... and since I was also very careful and took the greatest of care to make sure that no  water-drop could ever come near my tesio-line, I feel very lucky that these precautions kept me without infection "around there" throughout my dialysis-years. I do hope that the best medical way forward is found for you a.s.a.p. and please take great care and I send you my best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Hi Kristina, the Amyloidosis is, so far, much better under controle, thanx

Love to all, Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 02:26:11 PM »

Dear Cassandra,

Many thanks for the information and hopefully the Amyloidosis continues to be kept under control - with the help of good medicines and the medical care of your doctors -  and I do send you my kindest thoughts from Kristina.  :grouphug;
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 02:28:02 PM by kristina » Logged

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »