I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:55:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Diet and Recipes
| | |-+  Low-sodium bakery
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Low-sodium bakery  (Read 2010 times)
enginist

« on: November 13, 2019, 09:47:33 PM »

I recently stumbled on this site, which specializes in low-sodium breads and pastries.  The baked goods look beautiful, and the baker will work with you to lower the percentages of ingredients like phos and potassium.  The only drawback is the the cost--not of the goods themselves but of the added shipping, which can easily double the price of your order.

https://www.dailybreadlowsodium.com/
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 12:28:31 PM by enginist » Logged
fightingPKD

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 03:27:53 PM »

I recently stumbled on this site, which specializes in low-sodium breads and pastries.  The baked goods look beautiful, and the baker will work with you to lower the percentages of ingredients like phos and potassium.  The only drawback is the the cost--not of the goods themselves but of the added shipping, which can easily double the price of your order.

https://www.dailybreadlowsodium.com/

Yeah, it's really unfortunate that to eat healthy, you basically have to be well off.  A 20 dollar order costs 30 bucks to ship?

...and folks wonder why people don't eat healthy.

I have the same problem with alcohol. My state is lame on importing good mezcal, I have to order in bulk once a year to manage the shipping costs.

Thank you for sharing though, hopefully this can at least help a few people nearby.
enginist

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 04:08:05 PM »

That's true.  That's why they call Whole Foods "whole paycheck."  Enjoy your case of mezcal.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »