I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:23:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Stupid Google
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stupid Google  (Read 2149 times)
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« on: November 05, 2019, 04:48:12 AM »

In my last post I used the word nephrologist. My spell checker had never even heard of that word, so to check that I has spelled it correctly I did a Google Search on "nephrologist". As often happens, Google helpfully gave a definition of the word above the search results. Fortunately I know the meaning of "nephrologist" (or unfortunately, considering the reason I know the meaning), so I did not need that definition. However I question the usefulness of Google's definition if someone did do the search to find out what "nephrologist" meant.

Google's definition of "nephrologist" is simply: "A nephrologist is a physician who studies and deals with nephrology."

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 05:23:04 AM »

I get the following if I type "define nephrology" in to google search:

A nephrologist is a physician who studies and deals with nephrology. Nephrology is the adult and pediatric study of the kidneys and its diseases. The nephrologist deals with the diagnosis and management of kidney disease. The kidneys are vital for maintaining normal fluid and electrolyte balance in the body.Apr 22, 2019
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 05:27:47 AM »

I didn't use the word "define", just "nephrologist". Also, I get UK centric results (and often Great Yarmouth centric results, because that is where Google incorrectly thinks I live) which may mean I get a different result from you (I'm assuming yours are USA centric).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:29:54 AM by Paul » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 08:32:47 AM »

Just further evidence that a computer is no smarter than the person that programs it.

Which explains why they are having so much problem developing Artificial Intelligence.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »