I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:52:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  KitKatz is in hospital...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KitKatz is in hospital...  (Read 4708 times)
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« on: July 09, 2019, 06:29:04 AM »

Hi Everyone...

As the title says, our Kitz is having some low BP issues, and at the moment is safely tucked up in hospital until they can get on top of the problem... She's in good form, if a little bit miffed at being a guest of the local hospital.... Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers....

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 07:50:20 AM »

I hope she is out soon. Best wishes...

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
lulu836

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 01:13:37 PM »

Prayers for a very quick recovery !

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my kidneys the most.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 07:25:32 PM »

Thanks for letting us know, Darth. I'll pray for her to get better and I will pray for the staff at the hospital to be the best to take care of her.

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 09:52:18 PM »

I almost have to wonder if KK has gained weight like I have over the winter and not increased my weight, causing low BP's at most every treatment because I have ended up taking off just a 1/2 too much water weight.

Sometimes even the simplest things can bite us in the butt.

I Pray it is so easy this time.
lulu836

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 11:00:33 PM »

I almost have to wonder if KK has gained weight like I have over the winter and not increased my weight, causing low BP's at most every treatment because I have ended up taking off just a 1/2 too much water weight.

Sometimes even the simplest things can bite us in the butt.

I am just now getting my dry-weight back to my version of normal.  You are so right about the .5k making a lot of difference in BP.  After almost a lifetime of BP meds my doc has suggested that those meds are no longer necessary.  :2thumbsup;

:oops;
Didn't mean to hijack the thread
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:57:29 AM by lulu836 » Logged

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my kidneys the most.
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 02:54:35 AM »

Get well soon Kitkatz

:flower;

Healing,bp increasing vibes underway from across the pont.

Love, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 05:14:07 AM »

100 pounds ago I was taking THREE BP Meds at over twice a normal dose each, TWICE Daily.

and I still had pressures nearing 200.

Now I am taking only one half of one pill daily.

Who would have thought weight could make such a huge difference?

About that same time my Pain Dr started me on Methadone which actually makes a substantial difference in percieved pain.  I suspect this may have the largest effect on pain-elevated BP's which over the last 45 years may have been the #1 cause of my kidney failure.

I never thought to ask KK if she has chronic pain.  It can make strange things go on with a body.

I am 'sick' today.  For the second time the mail system has somehow screwed up and my pain med from the VA has been delayed.  Mailed on the 2nd it isn't here yet and I have been without since Sun night.  Another med mailed on the 1st was in my mailbox on the 3rd.  I stopped by the Post Office this a.m. to ask, she should be calling me shortly.  If it isn't there I will be checking into the ER this afternoon.  Withdrawal sucks.

Praying KK posts soon letting us know she is doing better.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 09:48:09 AM »

Kitz has had very low BP for a long time... It's just an exacerbation of this chronic problem.... I doubt anything has changed recently...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 10:06:44 AM »

A few jumping jacks should fix that.  Get to it!

:cuddle;

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 04:40:55 PM »

The Lady two seats down from me has chronic low BP's and all too often has had to be de-clotted.  So bad and so often the last time she went in Dr stuck in a perma-cath.   Fortunately last week she got a Tx but output is enough to stop coming to treatments yet.  Massive steroids seem to be making some improvements.

Keeping fingers crossed for her.

And KK.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 10:09:28 PM »

If I remember correctly Kitkatz was recently diagnosed with Polymyositis and put on Prednisone. If she's upset I'd say she's entitled to a little 'roid rage right now. Have at it!  >:D

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 03:04:38 PM »

Roid Rage is Real!

I'm OK with that just as long as she doesn't get mad at ME.

She could be dangerous.
UkrainianTracksuit

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 06:44:58 AM »

Oh my. Kitkatz. Sending good thoughts.  :grouphug;
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 01:22:39 PM »

Oh dear.  I hope you are much better very soon.   :cuddle;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 04:27:39 PM »

Thanks Darth for spreading the news.  Yes, a hospital visit.  Six days as a matter of fact, four in the ICU plus two on a step down floor. 

Ended up with low BP, low cortisone levels, and a kidney infection.  They gave me new meds for the low levels, all kinds of IV meds for the low BP, and antibiotic for the kidney infection.  They watched me like a hawk for four days. 

The ICU nurses said I was an easy going patient.  Did not need much and was content on my own in my darkened room.  I was happy no one was touching me repeatedly.  I slept pretty well during the nights.

One adventure:  I had a central line put in because I have become the  "hardest stick known the mankind."  When they were going to step me down to the next floor, an ongoing argument was started.  I was not going without it and they wanted it out.  Eventually i won the argument by saying no.  Hubby back me up, too.

I came home last Thursday.  I am feeling better day by day.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 04:28:42 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 11:40:40 AM »

Oh, this is great news!  Thanks so much for letting us know, kitkatz!

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 06:55:45 PM »

Soooo Glad to hear you are home again!
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 01:52:18 AM »

:flower;    :flower;   :cuddle;

Glad to hear you’re home Kit, keep up the good fight  ;D

Lots of love, Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2019, 04:57:16 PM »

I saw my internal medicine doctor his first words to me were.  "I see you tried to die again."  I was shocked.  This last time was not as rough as other times in the hospital, but then I did not pass out in the ER this time.  I should have known when the ER doc talked to us about end of life stuff.  Did I want full codes.  I told them no full codes.  Minimum things done for me if I am on my way out of this planet.  I am doing okay Looks like my heart valve is okay, does not need anything done to it yet.  He checked my cortisol level and is making a referral to a endocrinologist to see if we can get me off the hydro cortisone med or if they recommend him doing it slowly and carefully.  If my urine starts looking funky with blood or changes color again, I am to email him for cultures and meds. 

He and I both agree the episodes in the ER and hospital are getting closer together and more serious each time. I am to keep an eye on things happening to me.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2019, 06:13:28 AM »

O sweet Kitkatz I agree with you and your doc to keep an eye on things. Also keep in mind that the withdrawal of hydro corts can lower your bp quite dramatically (tapered or not)

But I would start taking yr bp and temp etc daily again and write it down (that’s for your eye on it) you want me to send you some real liquorice from Holland? Has warnings allover that it will increase yr bp and they are nice (I would get the once without a ridiculous amount of salt of course)

Don’t let yourself be talked into an earlier grave than necessary. I understand a bit of what happens to your mood when the ER visits have been piling up and drs start talking as if its okay to let go now. Been doing this nonsence now for 23+ yrs, body is nearly finished I know, but I must go on (yes it is f..ng hard and painful, stressful etc for me (and I know that the pain and stress and life-limitation are on my Hubby too, but they are fully on me when I’m in the OR)

Kitkatz I wish you all the love, luck and strength in the world, Cas

:cuddle;

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2019, 11:38:51 PM »

If it is red liquorice then yes ma'am send it on over.

lifenotonthelist.com

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2019, 01:18:37 AM »

Only seeing your Doc's reaction now, Kitz..... But don't worry... You'll live forever... Heaven doesn't want you, and Hell can't handle you!!!...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »