I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:37:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Dialysis Without a Partner
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dialysis Without a Partner  (Read 9099 times)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 09:14:13 AM »

George, let me apologize for the quote. OK? I didn't realize it would cause a problem. Instead of hitting reply, I just hit quote... I see it wasn't necessary... but i didn't think anything of it while doing it.

Again, my apologies.

Angela

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
George Jung

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 02:00:47 PM »

Sara, it wasn't like I didn't have a reason.  I would do it again today under the same circumstances.

Kickstart, I must tell you how impressed I am that you didn't use spell check.. :clap; ...although it is one of the rules of IHD.

Angela, I look at a quote as an intentional direction for it's following response, that IS the reason for quoting somebody, to direct a response.  If you did not mean anything by it then don't sweat it (I'm sure you're not anyway) and let's move on.  :-*
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 06:33:21 PM by George Jung » Logged
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 02:09:06 PM »

George .. Its a long time since i left school and needed someone/thing to check my spelling!!

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
George Jung

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 02:46:33 PM »

Well well...aren't you just a smart one!  You must be perfect huh?  Why did you even chime in with that oh so funny comment anyway?  This is so stupid to go round and round like this.  The point is that one of the rules of IHD is to use the spellcheck button and I am going to respect that even though many of my post are error free.  You must be better than than me.

p.s. the only error that came up spellchecking this time was "IHD"
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »

Sara, it wasn't like I didn't have a reason.  I would do it again today under the same circumstances.

Well I guess just wanting to be difficult is as good a reason as any.   :) 

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
vandie

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 04:23:58 PM »

Well well...aren't you just a smart one!  You must be perfect huh?  Why did you even chime in with that oh so funny comment anyway?  This is so stupid to go round and round like this.  The point is that one of the rules of IHD is to use the spellcheck button and I am going to respect that even though many of my post are error free.  You must be better than than me.

p.s. the only error that came up spellchecking this time was "IHD"

Good grief George.  Lighten up.   

Life is the journey, not the destination.

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »

Don't tell me to lighten up.  I tried to end it here....
and let's move on. 
....and then someone else has to make an unnecessary comment like this.....
George .. Its a long time since i left school and needed someone/thing to check my spelling!!
....and then you are going to tell me to lighten up!  I am not going to read b.s. like that and not say anything about it.  George...It's a long time...bla, bla , bla.....How constructive is that?  What am I supposed to do/make of a direct statement of that fashion?  I may seem like this or that but things aren't always what they seem.  I do speak my mind and tell it as I see it, and what I am seeing is a bunch of unnecessary comments being made toward me.  Sara, KICKSTART, Angela and you vandie.  Let's just say I took Angela's unnecessary quoting of me the wrong way....when/why does everyone defend her?  I took offense to what had been posted, am I not entitled.  I was thanking another member (in my post) in which then someone quoted it, in return I was pissed, so why not just leave it alone and back off.  I already said I am willing to move on...if you want more than that you're not going to get it from me.
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2007, 07:32:01 PM »

George, are you starting to see a pattern with your posts yet?

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
George Jung

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 07:50:27 PM »

George, are you starting to see a pattern with your posts yet?

Yes.  I am very aware of my thoughts and actions and very confident about them as well.  I am a person who stands tall and the people in my life have always respected that quality of mine.  I stand by what I have said and I will admit to being wrong if necessary, I see nothing to persuade me that is the case here.  If you weren't so hell bent on keeping this going it would be over with.
vandie

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 08:07:18 PM »

Kickstart made a funny about spell check.  I was making a funny, to lighten the mood for Angela, about the two "L"s in the word control in the gun control thread.   Control has one L, whether or not spell check catches it. 

We are family here.  Let's all lighten up and move on.

:cuddle;

« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 08:13:15 PM by vandie » Logged

Life is the journey, not the destination.

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2007, 08:38:57 PM »

I live alone. For the first 11 years I went incenter. I was always identified as a good candidate for home hemo but I liked the separation and I had learned to accommodate the  situation.

Here is a recent video where I explain my situation:
http://www.prninc-us.com/dcc/hemodialysis.html

Basically I believe that we retain our adult independence even when our kidneys fail. If the dialyzor believes they are safe to dialyze then the provider better have a credible reason for limiting access to modalities with significant health advantages. More frequent dialysis offers clinical advantages, access to those clinical outcomes should not be limited arbitrarily by ones living arrangement.

I support your decision to do what is best right now 100% and I would encourage you to check back on occasion to make sure what you are doing is your best current option. Machines change, people change, thinking changes. What is not an option today may be an option tomorrow. Single, married, alone or living in a commune we should all have the same options. Our modality options should not depend on our zip code or our living status.

Dealing with dialysis alone, at home, sucks but it is still better than incenter, right now, today. Tomorrow is another day.

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
George Jung

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »

Bill, when things change for me I will be following in your footsteps.  Thanks for the inspirational and positive post.  I need to take one step at a time and right now dialysis is still very new to me.  I have found a comfort zone that I can live with, until that changes I am not going to try and fix it.  I have only recently risen from the depths of depression and only having to show up at the center 3 days a week is right for me, if I had to have a machine in my home from the beginning I most likely would not have gone through with living (that's how depressed I was).  I feel pretty good, physically (been out riding on my motorcycle the past two days) and have had minimal problems with in-center treatment thus far.  Anyhow, I appreciate your insight and will consider everyones advice/views for the future.  Who knows what will happen, I have people who are interested in donating but I have yet to even be evaluated.  I will be attending an initial orientation in the coming weeks.  Again, thank you.
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2007, 01:04:53 AM »

George WHY are you so full of anger ?????????  Why do you take everything so personally? You are very good at commenting on what people say but dont like it when they retaliate , i didnt know when i joined this site that i had to have a sense of humour by-pass as well ? Why do i need to use 'spell check' when i am quite capable of spelling ? Then why do you put 'loads' of sarcastic comments about the fact I CAN SPELL ? Seems you start the ball rolling with the comments you put ... :chillpill;

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
George Jung

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2007, 06:39:27 AM »

Possibly I have had a sense of humor by-pass without knowing it?  I really can't see how this was supposed to be funny.....
  Maybe it is a hidden kind of funny?

Obviously you can and will think whatever you want about me......

To be angry causes more harm to one's self than it does to the person whom you are angry with.......believe it or not, I am not angry.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2007, 08:22:34 PM »

Can we please stay on topic with this thread? The topic is "Dialysis without a partner". Thank you.

kitkatz,moderator.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »