I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:01:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  Newsletter for IHD.com
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newsletter for IHD.com  (Read 3221 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: October 06, 2018, 04:00:25 PM »

I am thinking of doing a newsletter maybe three times a year for our members.
I am looking for ideas.   
The first issue would be all about our creator Bill- Epoman.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 08:29:25 PM »

Think about the goals of the newsletter.

Who will it go to?  How will you deal with the new EU privacy rules.  (On that subject is the site compliant?)

Provide a short summary of a few good discussions so inactive members have a few to consider reading on the site.

I know older members revere Epoman but as someone who joined after his time an email focused on him and his vision for the group would not stir much interest for me. So I’d recommend including current content as well.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 09:47:19 AM »

Yes, Highlight Epoman and maybe have his picture at the top of each Issue.

Could discuss any improvements to dialysis coming down the pike.  Well, that may only be a sentence..... 

Good idea......

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 11:15:02 AM »

Rather than just focus on E-Man, how about a history of the site, how the moderation process changed after his demise, other changes to the site, etc.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »

I joined after Epoman passed.  However this site was created by him and has lasted far longer than most private sites.  The vibrancy and the details of this site clearly were started by his vision I can’t count the number of sites I have seen startup run for a year or two then die.  Epomans creation of this site is been a gift for all who come learn and find out they are not alone.  The users of this site owe a large debt to the vision and foresite of Epoman.  I for one look forward to read more of his story.

Sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:53:33 AM by cassandra » Logged
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 07:47:39 AM »

I am thinking of doing a newsletter maybe three times a year for our members.
I am looking for ideas.   
The first issue would be all about our creator Bill- Epoman.

Thank you kitkatz for this great idea. I am also very keen to learn more about Epoman's life and I do hope his widow and son don't have to deal with too many challenges since he has gone.
And it is very true, Epoman has done so much for people who find themselves in shock after being diagnosed with ESRF... and then they go on the Internet and find IHD and soon notice, that reading through "it" takes quite a bit of the ESFR-loneliness and ESRF-stress away ...
Thanks again from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »