I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 07:43:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Who remembers their cvc line surgery
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who remembers their cvc line surgery  (Read 3598 times)
SweetyPie

« on: August 06, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »

Im in pain, I don't remember having this much pain when i first had this surgery last year. Its on my left side. Im on diluadid 4mg.
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:25:32 AM »

I barely remember it because it was such a nothingburger.  All that I remember was how cold it was in the OR and how much my back hurt, having to stretch out on a very hard surface with torn ligaments.  Otherwise it was a non-event. I would check with my surgeon if I were having enough pain to need a dilaudid.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
lulu836

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:40:38 AM »

Please get in touch with your neph or whomever can help you in person.  You may have a major problem or a minor one but that much Dilaudid should put you out of pain majorly.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my kidneys the most.
SweetyPie

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 10:54:17 AM »

That scares me what you guys are saying. Really i feel like im not that much of a whimp but this hurts. Im pretty small says almost all the docotrs and nurses and the fact that im on a high dose scares me also. I will talk with the doctor tomorrow. I have dialysis. Qq
GA_DAWG

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 09:48:05 AM »

The only thing I emember is while I was waiting, one of the nurses asked if there was anything I wanted. I told her just some ice chips, and she sid they did not have those, but if i was good she would get me a coke when i was sent back to the floor. The day before, they had told me no more coke so that stuck with me. As soon as I came to on the floor I asked for my Coke. At first they said no, but I told them the earlier nurse had promised, so they gave it to me eventually. Apart from that, no pain and they sent me to the first dilysis session less than  an hour later.
SweetyPie

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 03:22:09 PM »

Pain is getting better, only took one pain killer yesterday and today. Dialysis was a killer, had a lot of fluid on me because of saline. I saw my site its very raw. Where they put sutures I feel pain also whete the line is coming out. Pray for me.
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 03:41:29 PM »

Deleted as made redundant by another thread. http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=34690.0;topicseen
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 03:46:20 PM by Paul » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
SweetyPie

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 05:19:59 PM »

U should've just deleted this thread instead of that one. That has more information about my surgery.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 10:31:09 AM »

I am sure that I must be Blessed as most things come easily to  me.

My transistion to Hemo was caused by a terrible PD infection that simply would NOT die.  Massive rounds of AB's and the infection kept coming back.

Fortunate for me, my Perma Cath was put in while I was totally knocked ouut for the surgery to remove my PD Cath.  Pain once I woke up was next to none.  I did have some minor pain but mostly just an urge to scratch the near constant itch I felt where the new line went up and over my collarbone.

I sometimes tell people No Brain - No Pain.

Keep an eye on the site, excessive redness can be a sign it may need Dr's attention.

Any discharge, definately make that phone call.
SweetyPie

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 12:47:55 PM »

That is a blessing. I hate getting surgery because of how i feel afterwards. Its takes me at least a good month or so to get back to normal.
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 01:23:04 AM »

U should've just deleted this thread instead of that one. That has more information about my surgery.

No one has deleted any thread. I deleted one of my posts because I wrote it before I saw the other thread and all the information in my post was in the other thread, so it was redundant. That other thread is still up and running.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
GA_DAWG

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 09:41:42 AM »

The nurses at the dialysis center SHOULD be changing the dressing on your catheter at every session. They SHOULD be inspecting the site of your catheter. They SHO
ULD be using betadine on it and then putting a new dressing over it.
SweetyPie

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 03:59:58 PM »

They soaked my site with except. Then changed it. It think the sutures were put in kinda wrong which is causing pain. But after dialysis my chest was hurting.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »