I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:51:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Old web site (2008)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old web site (2008)  (Read 3268 times)
lulu836

« on: July 20, 2018, 02:56:47 PM »

Found this while wandering aimlessly on the net.  Some of the links are broken but there is good information available also.  Some of the repetitive questions that are asked on IHD are answered plainly and understandably.

http://www.kidneypatientnews.org/index.php

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my kidneys the most.
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 02:37:32 PM »

Born in 2008 is NOT old!!! I had websites over twice as old as that before I ended up in hospital. Lost them when I was unable to renew the domains (while in hospital). But the oldest websites I own can still call this website "young 'un", it has been around since 2002, with me at the helm since 2004.

(Paul goes off muttering inaudibly.)

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
rcjordan

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 05:38:49 PM »

> old as that

My first 4 domains were free. There was no registrar system, had to apply to the US Dept of Commerce.

Coastal US, NE North Carolina
2018 right nephrectomy - cancer. Left kidney not filtering, start hemo. After 3 months, start Nxstage home hemo
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 08:49:35 PM »

My first 4 domains were free. There was no registrar system, had to apply to the US Dept of Commerce.

Not sure when I started my first website as it is long gone, but it would have been sometime in the early 1990s. It was on hosting my ISP provided with the package, and designed on an Amiga 1200. The reason I know it was early 90s is because a few years later I went on a course to learn the basics of Windows and Mac. I was taught on Windows 3.x but the school had just got a few machines updated to the brand new Windows 95 and I had to spend a couple of days learning the differences on the new Windows. That must have been 1995 (duh) so my first website must have been about 1992, possibly late 1991. Soon after that I bought proper hosting and created websites either late 1992 or early 1993 that lasted up until I ended up in hospital. But I was still working on the Amiga until about the turn of the century. I know this because my first PC was a cheap secondhand one with an outdated version of Windows, and that was Windows 98.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:56:37 PM by Paul » Logged

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 08:55:03 PM »

OK, think my maths in the last post must be out. The Amiga 1200 was released in the UK in 1992, so the earliest I am likely to have got one was 1993, first website must have been late 1993 or 1994.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:00:25 PM by Paul » Logged

lulu836

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 10:37:47 PM »

Born in 2008 is NOT old!!! I had websites over twice as old as that before I ended up in hospital. Lost them when I was unable to renew the domains (while in hospital). But the oldest websites I own can still call this website "young 'un", it has been around since 2002, with me at the helm since 2004.

(Paul goes off muttering inaudibly.)

Whether in jest or seriousness that is the most over-reactive response I have seen in a while.  In cyberspace 2008 is old for a web site.  FOCUS!  Things change, coding languages change, research results change.  In 2008 I created a website with PHP.  PHP has changed so much I had to take it down because I lost 2 years in hospitals, nursing homes and a general fog from ESRD and lost my place in the updates that rendered the site unusable.  Sheeeeeeeesh!

Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 10:38:21 AM »

Ever think that all of YOU may be getting OLD?

I still feel like a kid.

But I did take Basic in College in 82.
lulu836

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 02:31:00 PM »

Ever think that all of YOU may be getting OLD?

I still feel like a kid.

But I did take Basic in College in 82.

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 02:47:37 PM »

various pages are also updated
Last updated on: September 22, 2014

so its not all old, which means the 2008 information should still be valid...  I'm all for leaving up good information.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »