I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  The date!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The date!!!  (Read 30924 times)
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2007, 07:02:32 PM »

2 weeks from now you'll be a new person.  :grouphug;
Lori1851

This is me Lori , Dustin's mom

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2007, 03:08:50 PM »

:yahoo; Good News for sure!!! I will be praying that your transplant goes smoothly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori mom to Dustin 21 FSGS on dialysis
Yonanamama

Got kidney?

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2007, 08:00:44 AM »

:bandance;   D R U M   R O L L   P L E E Z E!    ;musicalnote;

1313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313131313

Hopefully donating a kidney to a Matchingdonors.com recipient/friend this summer.     

WHAT IF THE HOKEY POKEY REALLY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!?
kelliOR

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2007, 05:47:23 PM »

Cycobully,

Thinking of you and wishing you well!

kelli

P.S.  Wanted to add that I found it great to have a hand held fan at bedside.  Its terrific for when you diaphorese post surgery.  Thats fancy talk for sweating off extra fluid  :)

Shoot for the Moon.....Even if you miss, you'll end up among the Stars ........

Denied PKD for years (Boy, was I good at it!)
Dragged kicking and screaming to dialysis (in center hemo)
Transplant from a friend March 24, 2006 at OHSU
Rose From OZ

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2007, 09:01:12 PM »

Sorry about the late reply but I just caught onto this thread now but Congratulations!! What great and exciting news!!!   :bandance;
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »

I'm getting scared. I know that might annoy some of you, some of you are thinking "hell, at least you're GETTING a kidney so man up will ya?" but I am - I'm really scared.

I spent yesterday in tears again.

but overall, I think I'm happy. I've been thinking a bit lately actually - I think most people who have had a serious illness like kidney failure would probably not change it if given the opportunity. Perhaps I'm grossly wrong. But I think about the whole new perspective I've got from going through this, and I feel it's been very valuable learning, that otherwise might have taken me many decades more to reach under normal circumstances.

Perhaps that's all easy for me to say 'cause I haven't had to go through dialysis yet, or any of that.

What is your take on this, everybody?
Earlinda

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2007, 11:14:27 PM »

:yahoo; I just found this thread and I want to extend my congratulations to you.  You have an awesome father and I am glad that you didn't have to go through dialysis first.  It will be an awesome experience I am sure and I do hope you keep us posted!! :grouphug;

Earlinda
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2007, 11:24:17 PM »

I think being fearful as you head into elective surgery is normal!
Try to stay busy, learn all you can about immunosuppressants and get ready to drink lots of water!
Walk and get exercise everyday, it will help in your recovery.
Stay away from sick people, even a cold can delay the surgery.
Tell people you cannot have flowers in the hospital, they don't allow them to transplant recipients.
Find people to help your dad afterward, a few meals and some cards too, would be a nice tribute to his donation!
Start a journal, perhaps at www.caringbridge.org (it's free, and it's great for just this purpose) so friends and family can follow your progress. Have someone update it while you are in the hospital.
It's a very exciting time! Try to enjoy it if you can!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2007, 11:36:37 PM »

Thanks Okarol. I do some pilates or light aerobics most days, or else some yoga. I already have a sign on my door telling people not to come in with colds, flus or anything else contagious. My sister will hopefully be able to look after dad once he gets home (he lives interstate) 'cause mum is going to stay with me for a week or so.

I knew about the flowers, thanks for the reminder, I will have to let people know.

I keep meaning to start packing my bag, was going to go to the library today to get a supply of books, though I don't know if I'm going to feel like reading in hospital. Still, it's good to be prepared in case of boredom. I have tons of books, but I'vfe read them all several times.  :lol;
anja

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2007, 11:34:02 PM »

Thinking of you Cycobully, as you head into the unknown~ knowing you will do great!  Can't say I know what you are going through, but can only imagine and it makes me jittery just thinking about it.  But it is ALL GOOD!!!  Take care!
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2007, 11:54:55 PM »

I think most people who have had a serious illness like kidney failure would probably not change it if given the opportunity. Perhaps I'm grossly wrong. But I think about the whole new perspective I've got from going through this, and I feel it's been very valuable learning, that otherwise might have taken me many decades more to reach under normal circumstances.

Perhaps that's all easy for me to say 'cause I haven't had to go through dialysis yet, or any of that.

What is your take on this, everybody?

Actually, I might start a thread on this. Yep. I will. I'm interested to see what people have to say about it.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2007, 06:29:29 AM »

Today they tell me there's some last minute problem with the final crossmatch test - supposedly nothing major, and they're not worried, but they have to re-run some test and I may not know the result until late Monday. I'm supposed to be admitted to hospital on Tuesday.

I do hope nothing upsets the whole process at this late stage. If anything goes wrong, I would then have to start dialysis straight away while they sort it out.  :thumbdown;
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2007, 06:36:00 AM »

I hope everything turns out OK and the transplant is a go ahead.

My sister was scheduled to have her transplant before she started dialysis but the day they were admitted my mother (the donor) got a cold and it couldn't happen. She started dialysis straight away, and received the transplant a couple of weeks after.... all went well even though it was unfortunate she had to start dialysis, at least she had  a donor.

Regardless what happens I'm sure all will be OK.

Amanda
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2007, 06:40:06 AM »

Thanks Amanda.

I've stayed home for the last 2 weeks, pretty much, to avoid getting any colds or anything. I've been worried about dad (my donor) as he is a taxi driver! But so far, so good, he hasn't picked up any colds or anything.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2007, 08:26:05 AM »

Just wanted you to know i am thinking of ya Cycobully and i am so excited for you, less than a week to go,  i cant even begin to imagine all that is going through your head.  It's all going to be ok girlfriend, love ya  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2007, 09:11:38 AM »

Yeah I'm excited. i'm frightened of course, but I suppose I'd be a bit weird if I wasn't. Apart from having an arm re-set (thank you Osteoporosis!) I've never had an operation.

I'm really looking forward to getting to the recovery stage, obviously! I wanna see what normal feels like again, and before too long, go back to work. I really want to go back to uni too, but we'll have to wait and see if I'm up to doing both.
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2007, 12:10:05 PM »

Goodluck

charee
Elite Member

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2007, 12:19:02 PM »

Can't image what your feeling right now, excitement, fear , and every other emotion i bet, Take Care thinking of you :cuddle;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2007, 12:56:56 PM »

Time is coming, good luck cyco. We're rooting for you!
keefer51

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2007, 06:56:11 PM »

Wow the day is near where you can live life to the fullest again. I remember when i recieved my transplant. It was Janurary 22 1993. I don't remember what day of the week it was. I came home from work and there was a note on the frig that said transplant jan.22 go to hosp. for last dialysis brother in at 7 am you in 1pm. I remember reading that note over and over in fact i still have a scrap book i made from the whole time. When the day came i went to the hospital and was laying in a bed getting dialysis. I had a catheter then so i didn't care. Once that was done i went in the hall and saw my brother go to the operating room. I was allowed a few seconds with him. He had on a shower cap and was a little loopy on whatever they gave him. He is 13 years younger than me i remembered taking care of him when he was a baby. Now i look at him about to give the gift of love and was over whelmed with emotion. I bent down and kissed his cheek and told him i loved him. I waited in my room for hours. i was worried. i was hopeing and praying everything went ok. The next thing i knew they were carting my butt to the operating room! I didn't see  my brother come back but i was told he was ok and asking about me. It was cold in the room, well any room in the hospital is cold in a hospital gown!! The last thing i remembered was looking up and seeing some of the nurses and techs from dialysis. They had asked if they could watch so i said sure. When i woke cycobully i felt like a million dollors. I was reborn. And so will you. good luck.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2007, 09:42:12 PM »

Thanks for sharing your story Keefer, now, let's get you another transplant my friend so you can feel like a million bucks again  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2007, 12:24:59 AM »

When i woke cycobully i felt like a million dollors. I was reborn. And so will you.

That is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2007, 01:24:20 AM »

fingers and toes crossed to hear from you in a few weeks telling us how wonderful you feel!!! So can't wait!! :)

All the very best.. you will be in our thoughts!

It's so good all the members who have gotten 'the call" or "the date" this year!!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
anja

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2007, 09:05:21 PM »

All good thoughts coming your way for plans to go as hoped!
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2007, 10:37:53 PM »

I'm terribly frightened, people. I've been sneezing for days, which I ignored at first because sometimes I have allergies. But it's the wrong time of year for that, being winter down here (well, almost winter). Anyway, yesterday, I started to get a really runny nose.

PLEASE DON'T LET ME GET A COLD. If my transplant gets put off, I'm pretty sure the plan is to put me straight on dialysis, as my creatinine is too high now to be left as is.

Please please don't let this happen to me, after all this waiting, all these tests, all this stress and anxiety  :'(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »