I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:34:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Today I discovered.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today I discovered.....  (Read 4153 times)
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« on: June 24, 2018, 10:20:23 PM »

well I've been taking Microbiota from Udo's choice Super 8 for a few years. When I started I used to have chronic  diarhea since on D. Within a week of taking those it was gone, never to come back. But they are pricey.
So I thought I'd try these much cheaper Probiotics Super 8. And we're back on the loo (constantly literally) as soon as anything goes into my mouth.

So I've discovered that probiotics are nothing like microbiotics. And eventhough it means that I can D less because anything I eat and drink comes straight out again, it's not really economical at all (loo paper ain't cheap either).

Love, luck and strength, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 11:22:58 PM »

Isn't that fun? I have IBS ( Irritable Bowel syndrome). Comes and goes, and is utterly devastating when it is raging, and no pad in the world can help you. However diphrnoxylate WORKS. So, ask your neph maybe.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 06:25:45 PM »

I've been at least 6 WEEKS already since a round of high dose ciprio.

I've used probiotics before, didn't seem to work much at all.

This ain't no fun.
JVT90

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 08:11:55 PM »

Cassandra, Hope you're feeling better soon. Hubby had horrible diarrhea before we knew his kidneys were failing. Started in clinic dialysis 3 years ago and shortly after it had gotten so much better that we could actually go out and do a few things without fearing being too far away from the bathroom. Then boom, couple weeks ago it hit again. He tries to have a sense of humor about it, but gets embarrasing when he has to ask the techs to take him off the machine so he can literally fly to the bathroom.

Husband started in clinic dialysis 2015
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 06:31:42 AM »

Hello Cassandra, I also hope very much that you are feeling better soon and I keep my fingers crossed for you.
I also have been wondering whether there is some sort of chain-reaction taking place i.e. the effect of dialysis makes the body to become more fragile and as a result some food/fruit is not doing any good any longer and the body reacts in such a way ?
Sometimes I also feel my body is getting a bit oversensitive and then I feel I have to keep an eye on what I am eating and have to make sure to keep everything as simple and as plain as possible, which of course is very boring, but at least it helps to prevent a bit.
Dear Cassandra, I do hope you are getting better very soon and I send you my kind regards from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 08:57:44 AM »

Thank you, thank you ,thank you my sweet people. I feel a bit better. Microbiota arrived today and I've been away from the loo already twice.
Thanx again for your tips and hints.

Love y'all, Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 10:42:56 AM »

Cassandra, Hope you're feeling better soon. Hubby had horrible diarrhea before we knew his kidneys were failing. Started in clinic dialysis 3 years ago and shortly after it had gotten so much better that we could actually go out and do a few things without fearing being too far away from the bathroom. Then boom, couple weeks ago it hit again. He tries to have a sense of humor about it, but gets embarrasing when he has to ask the techs to take him off the machine so he can literally fly to the bathroom.

I have the similar problems.  My tummy is crazy some days.  On dialysis days I eat the same thing before I go into dialysis.  I do not change it because I know what my tummy can be like.  Try the things that do not upset his tummy, plus take one Imodium before eating.  One seems to work in keeping things calm, two usually just turns it into a shooting match.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
GA_DAWG

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 11:02:52 AM »

When it really gets dicey is when the tech is busy with another patient and cannot come in a hurry to let you off the machine.
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 03:43:27 PM »

Thanks again to All who wished me well, and tips, and I can say that my bowels and tummy are completely okay again after restarting Udo's Choice Hi Strength Microbiota.

Then I started thinking that I have been using HRT for a long time now. My peri-menopauze (basically when your hormones start to go haywire) started nice and early in my 30's as I had no kidneys (again) from then.
I was in a lot of pain (with or without sex) The GP prescribed a very low dose HRT (only oestrogen). The pain disappeared. Took it for 20 years or so, with a lot and long stopping times when I was too ill, or in hospital.

So I stopped, the pain didn't return. But last Thursday I had to get myself off the machine early, because heart palpitations became really scary. (I did reduce my blood pumpspeed to 250 which seemed to settle them a bit)

The next day I rang the nurse if it was okay if I kept on this low pumpspeed, as Nxstage is a low flux machine.
He said, okay, I just have to give bloods next week to see if the clearance doesn't get to bad.

By coincidence I get into info about hormone problems D people get into, and how oestrogen (without progestron) is not problematic. That they've started giving oestrogen to older (post menopauze) women to increase heart health.

So I'll restart my HRT and am pretty much convinced the palpatations will go.

No research has been done concerning this, so I find it my duty to do so.

I'll post the links I found concerning hormones, D patients and heart health tomorrow.

Thanks for being here, love y'all, Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 05:11:07 AM »

So I've discovered that probiotics are nothing like microbiotics.

One is the actual gut bacteria, the other is food for the bacteria.

I find Yakult to be the best when my stomach starts speed emptying.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 05:16:08 AM »

gets embarrasing when he has to ask the techs to take him off the machine so he can literally fly to the bathroom.

Not nearly as embarrassing as when they bring you a set of those disposable paper scrubs to wear, because they did not manage to get you off the machine in time, and somehow you have managed to soil every single item of clothing you were wearing.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »