I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:16:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  Season's Greetings
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season's Greetings  (Read 6084 times)
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« on: December 24, 2017, 02:38:16 AM »

:snowman; :santahat; :christmastree; :rudolph; :santahat; :rudolph; :christmastree; :santahat; :snowman;

Just a post to say what my signature has been saying for the past few days: HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

I'm off to dialysis in about an hour (tomorrow's dialysis a day early, for obvious reasons), and I'll go straight from there to my sister's place for Christmas. Back on Wednesday, going straight from my sister's place to dialysis, then back here. So I'm away until late Wednesday (I switched my Wednesday dialysis to the twilight shift so that I did not have to leave my Sister really early in the morning). See you then.

So my best to you and yours, my second best to them and theirs, and my third best to everyone else.

Happy Christmas Everyone.

:bandance;  :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 02:15:02 PM »

Thanx Paul, a very merry Christmas to you and everyone

:santahat; :santahat; :santahat; :santahat; :snowman; :christmastree; :rudolph; :basket:

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 07:11:46 PM »

Merry Christmas Paul and Cassandra, and all those reading that haven't gotten around to posting, yet.

We are at Daughters House already.  It is her Birthday Today.  Yea!  She's nearly an old lady already.  48 today, but she is still our Baby Girl! Had cake, I skipped the ice cream, liquid ya know.  But I'll splurge on something else for sure tomorrow.  I brought along an extra can of cranberry jelly sauce.  Wish it wasn't counted as liquid.

We are Blessed after all with a White Christmas.  Not much, but enough to cover the ground in white. 2 inches last night, and another bit over an inch while I was in THE chair this morning.

100 miles South here at Daughters house the snow barely covers the grass.  But it's cold enough it will still be White Christmas in the morning.

I Pray everyone has a wonderful Christmas with those near and dear.

Take Care,

Charlie B53

Sp mod Cas :christmastree;
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 02:18:02 PM by cassandra » Logged
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 07:52:48 AM »

It's definitely a "White Christmas" where I am (Boston area) with maybe 6" of snow on the ground and possibly more coming.  I ended my night of PD with a cycler that refused to drain me.  So I had to end up switching to a manual drain bag to try to bring the process to a close.  It took me more than an hour and half to drain a reasonable amount out.  I had visions of spending the rest of my life full of PD fluid!

I don't celebrate ANY holidays, and Xmas is no exception.  I will spend most of the day shoveling.  Best of the season to everyone. :bestwishes;

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 11:23:17 AM »

Started the day taking my best friend, Simon the Dog, to the animal hospital.   He's an inpatient on an IV and an oxygen enclosure.  Questionable if he will make it.  Age 16 years 4 months.  Great dog.  Woke up with a turd next to my pillow.  never did that before.

Being told "time for dialysis" is nothing compared to having your dog at death's door. 

Sp mod Cas :christmastree;
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 02:20:28 PM by cassandra » Logged
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 02:44:57 PM »

Prayers for Simon the Dog.  Our Pets are often like our Children that never grow up.  Very well Loved and cared for. We lost 2 of our three dogs last Spring to old age.  It hurt. The 3rd is only 5 or 6 already, Hopefully he will be fine for many years to come.

K & S, be careful shoveling that snow.  We aren't as spry as we used to be.  Stay warm, and hydrated.  We often don't realize how much we sweat, and breath out moisture outside in freezing weather.  That uF that failed to drain might just disappear while working out in the snow.

Local weather is hinting at another slight dusting.  Gramma is beginning to worry and wondering if we should head home today instead of tomorrow.  I ain't moving.  I grew up in the mountains and learned how to get by with 3 foot snowfalls, and more, overnight.  Got good new tires on my 4 X 4 truck.  Even and ice storm won't stop me.  Slow me down a lot, but I'll get there.  Always have blankets and 'stuff' in the truck in case I ever have to sit and wait. Haven't ever used them, but got them if the need ever arises.  Remember, I'm that idiot that used to ride my Harley 60 mile to work ALL Winter in the snow and ice.  Of course I was a bunch of years younger and burnt enough calories to stay warm back then. But I'm still that crazy, (stupid). Maybe even crazier, with age.

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 05:52:00 PM »

Simon passed peacefully and naturally at the Tufts veterinary hospital at 5:30 today, Christmas.   We're not sure if he died in my arms or my daughters.    16 years 8 months 2 days.  Quite a run for a dog.    He was a wonderful Westie, and spent his last night sleeping next to me in bed, with neither of us knowing what today would bring.
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 06:30:05 PM »

Oh SD I am so sorry to hear about Simon Dog.  There is little worse than losing a beloved dog.  I've done it 6 times in my life and it never gets any easier.  I'm probably on the verge of losing Roxie, my avatar, who is rapidly approaching 16.  Not sure how I'll survive that when it comes.  But your loss has already come and I'm really sad for you. Take good care.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 07:33:02 PM »

Merry christmas as it truly is , i am sorry to hear a y dog Simon    wish i had one there very special.      Wanted to share too with everyone i got two new kidneys!!!!    My thoughts and prays are with my donors family as my gratitude set in today .  Thank you so much, talk to you.   Blake

Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 07:49:50 PM »

Being told "you need a new hip" and "you need to start dialysis" does not even compare to losing a loved dog.  At least not for me.
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 12:05:45 AM »

Merry christmas as it truly is , i am sorry to hear a y dog Simon    wish i had one there very special.      Wanted to share too with everyone i got two new kidneys!!!!    My thoughts and prays are with my donors family as my gratitude set in today .  Thank you so much, talk to you.   Blake

You what???? Wow men congratulations Blake!!! Fantastic news!!!

M :flower; :flower;

Have some extra special Xmas drinks on me  :cheer:

Lots of love, luck and strength, Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 04:07:04 AM »

Simon passed peacefully and naturally at the Tufts veterinary hospital at 5:30 today, Christmas.   We're not sure if he died in my arms or my daughters.    16 years 8 months 2 days.  Quite a run for a dog.    He was a wonderful Westie, and spent his last night sleeping next to me in bed, with neither of us knowing what today would bring.
I am very sorry for your loss, Simon! I do understand your pain because many years ago I came to the "big city" to study and I came with my beloved little doggie. He was a tiny little poodle with silvery fur and I had rescued him from a home for unwanted animals...... Unfortunately the hectic of the "big city" was too much for him and he always walked next to me without anything, no line, no nothing. One day a big screeching car came along and my little doggie ran away in complete horror. From then on I visited all dog-homes, year after year, without any success and because of our very close bond, I have been unable to take on another doggie ever since.
I feel very sorry for you and send you my sincere condolences from Kristina.  :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 04:08:46 AM »

Good luck to you and congratulations and all the best wishes from Kristina. :grouphug;

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 04:10:33 AM »

:snowman; :santahat; :christmastree; :rudolph; :santahat; :rudolph; :christmastree; :santahat; :snowman;

Just a post to say what my signature has been saying for the past few days: HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

I'm off to dialysis in about an hour (tomorrow's dialysis a day early, for obvious reasons), and I'll go straight from there to my sister's place for Christmas. Back on Wednesday, going straight from my sister's place to dialysis, then back here. So I'm away until late Wednesday (I switched my Wednesday dialysis to the twilight shift so that I did not have to leave my Sister really early in the morning). See you then.

So my best to you and yours, my second best to them and theirs, and my third best to everyone else.

Happy Christmas Everyone.

:bandance;  :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance; :bandance;

Thank you Paul and Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year and best wishes to everyone from Kristina. :grouphug;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »

Thanks Cas  been thinking off you alot in last few weeks glad your still here hope yor Chistmas was good.!    Hi and thank you Kristina for your kind words .   Creatine is nearing level they want.!   Thank you   
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 10:44:21 PM »

Simon for people who love their animals the loss of a beloved pet is heart wrenching. My guess is the amount of love and pleasure you got from your Westie is matched by the love and pleasure you gave the pet.  Last year as I was in the hospital with a heart attack my 18 year old tuxedo cat went Downhill rapidly, with a mouth cancer.  She held on till I was released and died in my arms.  It was a bigger shock then the heart attack.  Today there is still a void in my life I still miss that cat. 
Paul
Elite Member

That's another fine TARDIS you got me into Stanley

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 11:48:41 AM »

Simon - my sympathies and condolences to you. I know how hard it is to loose a dog.

Whoever said "God does not make mistakes" has obviously never seen the complete bog up he made of my kidneys!
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 10:25:38 PM »

:usaflag; :canadaflag; :ausflag; :ukflag; :santahat; SEASON'S GREETINGS, EVERYONE! Hope Santa was good to all of you! We had a wonderful time and ate a big dinner with lots of pie afterwards. Still have more Christmas movies to watch and...more celebrating on New Year's Eve! We are going to share a a sip of that Baileys Irish Creme hubby got me and keep the Christmas tree lights on until well after midnite! If we're lucky, we might be able to view some fireworks from the window as we are not too far from a large display.

Simon Dog: -Sorry to hear about Simon the Dog.  :'(  I read something that goes like this: Your life changes forever when you're chosen to be loved by a Westie. Another, "It's all about the little white dog" and "A big dog in a little dog's body". ooh, Westies are sure cute and rate very high. A dog's friendship is priceless! And no two are alike. Sorry for your loss.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 10:39:25 PM by PrimeTimer » Logged

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 10:45:11 PM »

:christmastree; Wow, Blake! That must've been some tree where you unwrapped yourself a couple of new kidneys! That is great news! Congrats and Best Wishes!

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Blake nighsonger

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 11:48:25 AM »

Thanks PrimeTimer it was! Great gift to My family too... really is so freeing.

Started driving two days ago.  Happy New Year !!!  Best to you

kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2017, 06:56:45 AM »

Well done Blake nighsonger and take great care!
Happy New Year to you and everyone here on IHD
and best wishes & good luck to all from Kristina. :grouphug;

-   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
cassandra
Elite Member

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 01:09:21 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone on the site

:flower;    :flower;    :flower;

:cheer:    :cheer:    :cheer:

Love y'all, Cas

1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
2020 start Gambro AK96

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 10:35:57 PM »

I posted all about my Christmas Holidays on my blog www.lifenotonthelist.com    I spent my time in Oklahoma with my youngest daughter and her hubby.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »