I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:54:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  I'm in BIG Trouble, Again.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm in BIG Trouble, Again.  (Read 4226 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« on: July 09, 2017, 06:04:56 AM »

Came home Sat late afternoon after spending most of the week at Daughters house almost 100 miles South.  Dau had to have a second eye procedure done Thurs as the first one dealing with the cataract wasn't quite perfect. Gramma, being the Mother Hen wanted to be there this time. With the 4th of July on a Tues I thought going Monday after treatment, staying through the week and having treatment at the Rolla DaVita so I wouldn't have to rush right back home and make a second trip to pick up Gramma on the week end.  So I made it happen.  Everything went as planned without any glitches, just O.K. Fine.

Sat morn, Dau got up earlier than her usual 10 a.m. as she and her Hubby had to get things together for his Family Picnic they were going to.

So I'm standing in the kitchen getting a second cup of coffee,  (Told you it was still early).  All the kitchen lights were On, the Sun was up with a cloudless sky so it was kinda bright.

I noticed something wasn't quite the same. I cocked my head a little off to the side, sort of like my dog does when I ask him a question he doesn't understand, and was looking at Daughter. Her HAIR looked 'different', it was definitely 'red-ish', it certainly was NOT her usual 50/50 salt and pepper that she has had since her early 20's, (She's 47).

So I said "Dau, you colored your hair!"

Her response was "Where the (unprintable) have you been this past week?  I did this months ago."

So I guess I'm in Big Trouble, Again.

Who says that a Man doesn't notice anything?   I noticed.  It just took me a while.  5 or 6 days, but I noticed!

Women, I'll never understand them.

Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »

Pooooooooooooor Charlie. Stuck in the Dog House again.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 12:02:35 PM »

Charlie there are visual and non visual people.  A visual person will enter a room and see any changes right away.  A non visual person only occasionally notices changes.  Just tell her when you see her all you see is your little girl and she always will be your little girl.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 06:01:22 PM »

Just tell her when you see her all you see is your little girl and she always will be your little girl.

That's what my dad says.  He says that I'll always be the little girl in pigtails, riding around on a little green tricycle.  I think I had that when I was 3.  I'm almost 40. *L*

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 06:25:29 PM »

She is my ONLY Baby Girl.  But she's much older now.

Son hates it when I call him Baby Boy.  He's 42.
OldKritter

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 01:05:07 PM »

When I want to tickle my daughter-in-law, I'll call their house and ask to speak to my bouncing baby boy 
Never fails to give her the giggles.  He's a 51 yrs, 6ft 200 pound firefighter.

HE'S MY BABY
smartcookie

LMSW

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 11:15:40 AM »

I am still my mom and dad's baby girl and I turned 31 last week!  My dad still picks me up for occasional Daddy/Daughter dates and never misses a chance to hold my hand or hug me.  He is pretty much the sweetest!

I am a renal social worker.  I am happy to help answer questions, but please talk to your clinic social worker for specifics on your particular situation.
Riki
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 10:41:45 PM »

When I want to tickle my daughter-in-law, I'll call their house and ask to speak to my bouncing baby boy 
Never fails to give her the giggles.  He's a 51 yrs, 6ft 200 pound firefighter.

HE'S MY BABY

My mom is like that with my brother.  He is, and always be her baby.  He just turned 33 and he's 6ft tall, and at least 230lbs.  I find it funny sometimes calling him my baby brother.  He's 6 years younger, but a good foot taller.  He calls me his little big sister. *L*  A lot of people look at us and wonder which is older, though when he was 12 and I was 18, we were both about the same size.  We kinda looked like twins

Dialysis - Feb 1991-Oct 1992
transplant - Oct 1, 1992- Apr 2001
dialysis - April 2001-May 2001
transplant - May 22, 2001- May 2004
dialysis - May 2004-present
PD - May 2004-Dec 2008
HD - Dec 2008-present
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »