I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:27:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  Extraneal availability
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Extraneal availability  (Read 2919 times)
Tío Riñon

« on: June 12, 2017, 10:28:36 PM »

I have been given the runaround by Baxter for the last few months when I request Extraneal as part of my order.  They don't tell me that it won't be delivered as promised with my monthly order and then claim it will be shipped in a few days.  Every time the due date comes up, they move the shipping date again.  The game continues until I'm about to run out and then an "emergency shipment" is sent. 

A manager overseeing the product production sent a form letter last month to patients apologizing for the inconvenience and promising to improve the service, but I haven't seen any changes.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Have you discovered any solutions?

I attempted to contact the Renal Network which is authorized by CMS to handle patient grievances related to kidney disease, but they claim that suppliers aren't under their purview.  Basically Baxter doesn't have any oversight for providing solution to patients.  Pretty frustrating!
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:45:49 AM »

I'm sorry you're having this trouble Although I'm not having this problem I can relate to your frustration.  You're not alone.  Here's an article from Home Dialysis that just came yesterday.  Good luck.

http://homedialysis.org/news-and-research/blog/202-dialysis-supply-companies-you-have-one-job?mc_cid=ffc21909aa&mc_eid=7e8d2f5a54

sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:54:33 AM by cassandra » Logged

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Tío Riñon

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 04:52:38 PM »

Thank you for sharing this article.  It is reassuring to know that I'm not in this fight alone.  Now to see if I can get anyone to help change this situation.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »