I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2019, 12:37:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
527808 Posts in 33155 Topics by 12285 Members
Latest Member: mattbrown
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion (Moderator: cassandra)
| | |-+  So what would you do
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So what would you do  (Read 25557 times)
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2019, 08:56:23 AM »

Hi all, I stayed last week in hosp for intra venous antibiotics, and some more tests (the now pretty big wound on old fistula arm had become infected, and grew some more in size) As soon as the cannula was out of my leg (only reasonable vein) I went home. They (intervention radiologist, and vascular surgeon (super surgeon  :laugh: ) don't know how to proceed as they'd overlooked my central stenosis. I actually had forgotten about that too, as : I just didn't want to know, and I expected it to be in my file (fair enough there's a lot of files with my name on it, and they're spread over quite a few hospitals)

Today I heard in clinic that the planned surgery this Friday is not going ahead. They want to think over, and discuss the situation a bit more. And do some more scans etc.

However in the mean time I've lost so much weight (not good really) and with the 3 or 4 hrs I could remove more fluids, so my old arm is slightly more usable so I reckon I can start dialyzing at home again next week  ;D

Love y'all, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
       still on waitinglist, still ok I think
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #226 on: June 13, 2019, 08:03:59 PM »

I see you're still going through the wars.  Ugh.  Good grief!

I'm glad to hear, though, that you may be able to start D at home again soon.  There's that silver lining.

:cuddle;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2019, 11:26:12 AM »

Thanx MM , I agree with that. I also started using manuka honey on the wound, and the neph actually agreed (because he doesn’t know what else to do I suppose)

:boxing;

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
       still on waitinglist, still ok I think
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2019, 11:42:49 PM »

Sorry to hear about your recent hospital stay, Cas. Hope you are feeling better being at home. I haven't used Manuka Honey before so personally do not know if it works but if it helps (and not hurt or makes things worse) then I'd be all for it. Especially if it is the medical-grade kind. Guess it has to be special ordered. I'd also be cautious about any Hydrogen Peroxide in it -hubby's Endocrinologist said HP can kill skin cells. Anyway, I could see how Manuka Honey could help heal wounds. I was recently interested in it because of a wound from cellulitis still weeping. I might bring up the honey with my doctor. I use to have an old friend of the family that was 100% Lakota Indian. He was a Marine Biologist and my former track coach. A wise old man that respected modern medicine and mother earth. He passed many years ago but if he was still around I'd surely be asking him these days about Manuka Honey and other natural salves used to treat wounds. Please let us know how it goes for you. I imagine it doesn't burn or sting but I am concerned about the allergy part because I do have an allergy to bees. Good luck with the new fistula and heal as best as you can. Picture yourself healing and then go for it. Take care!  :cuddle;

Husband has ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his carepartner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2019, 07:54:51 AM »

I used manuka honey for a wound several years ago.  Turns out I was allergic to the honey so had to stop.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »