I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:03:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Political Debates - Thick Skin Required for Entry
| | |-+  The Trump/Russia connection thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Trump/Russia connection thread  (Read 99600 times)
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #425 on: July 11, 2018, 10:03:27 PM »

Clinton University is a one man SHOW.  Just Bill going to speak at 400K a crack and in Russia no less. 

willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #426 on: July 12, 2018, 08:13:46 AM »

Clinton University is a one man SHOW.  Just Bill going to speak at 400K a crack and in Russia no less.

And this in some way makes it all right for Trump to have defrauded students who enrolled in his bogus "university."

While I do not think Bill Clinton should have been garnering huge speaking fees from foreign countries while his wife was Secretary of State, he was not deliberately defrauding unwilling students. And tRump settled all three lawsuits after repeatedly saying that he would never settle.

Rather than throwing out a red herring with your complaint about Clinton, let's keep to the subject of the connection between tRump and Russia.

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #427 on: July 12, 2018, 08:20:37 AM »

How divinely sweet you are WTW. There goes the chance of any one having a good time with this thread. Liberals always turn nasty when they know they are wrong. Thanks for proving it.
Oh and BTW, yes I have had all of those wonderful opportunities you are talking about and oddly enough we have a sound system here that will blow your socks off at a very low sound, so we have to be careful how loud we speak. Maybe the volume could be turned off or the speaker should learn how to hold a mic. At any rate, the woman is screamingand you know it.

I'm not sure I understand your message, Jean. Were you just having a "good time" with this thread and somehow I impinged on that??

I was not trying to be nasty. Did you take it that way? I guess I should have said that the way "one" reacts to Waters' delivery says more about "one."

I count myself in this kind of assessment. WE are ALL affected by our general attitudes and biases. They way WE interpret things often says more about US than it does about the subject matter. Psychologists call this projection.

iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #428 on: July 12, 2018, 08:24:25 AM »

Rather than throwing out a red herring with your complaint about Clinton, let's keep to the subject of the connection between tRump and Russia.

I'm really interested to see if Trump will stand up for fair treatment of the US by Russia when he meets with Putin?  Will he do anything to stop Russia from interfering with our elections and hacking US citizens?

For example at NATO:
At the NATO summit, Trump is standing up for fair treatment for America
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/11/at-nato-summit-trump-is-standing-up-for-fair-treatment-for-america.html

For example Russian hacking of US citizens to influence our elections
Intel report says Putin ordered campaign to influence US election
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/06/trump-to-be-briefed-on-russia-hacking-report-as-unclassified-version-set-for-release.html

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #429 on: July 12, 2018, 09:50:29 AM »

It looks like Russia used the same tactics to influence brexit.  Clearly the Russians want to destabilize Europe and break apart the Atlantic alliance which has held Russia in check for almost 70 years.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

« Reply #430 on: July 13, 2018, 10:11:30 AM »

The latest news on this front:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44825345

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #431 on: July 13, 2018, 12:11:18 PM »

Too bad Bernie got screwed.

None of the charges allege Trump advisers colluded with Russia to interfere with the presidential campaign.

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #432 on: July 13, 2018, 12:28:30 PM »

Rerun, let's say that there is never any evidence found that any Trump campaign member actually colluded with Russian spies to turn the election toward Trump.

Given that assumption, do you think that Russian intelligence, with orders from Putin, acted to interfere with the election?

If so (and do please remember that there is bi-partisan agreement that this is true and has been proven by US Intelligence services), why do you think that Trump is giving Putin a pass?  All Trump seems to care about if whether or not HE is found guilty.  He doesn't seem to care that our country was attacked.  He has not made any moves to punish Putin.

Trump needs to cancel the meeting with Putin next week.  He should say very publically that in light of these most recent indictments (of which Trump was advised before he left for Europe), he will not be going to Moscow.  It is truly disgusting that the President of the United States would willingly continue a foreign tour to an adversarial country that has attacked our country.

But then again, candidate Trump told the Russians to release Hillary's emails.  The very next day, they did.

There are more indictments/charges coming.

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #433 on: July 13, 2018, 12:52:00 PM »

Flashback Friday!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7F7eRM1oiU

If you can believe what you hear?  Obama tried to interfere in Israel's election so Netanyahu would not be reelected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPRUiZaDuo4

MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #434 on: July 13, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »

I don't care about past Israeli elections.

But back to the matter at hand.  I'll ask you again.  Do you believe that Russia's Military Intelligence interfered with the 2016 General Election?

Do you agree with Congress that Russian military spies stole information from the DNC and used it to undermine the candidacy of one candidate so that another would benefit?

Why do you think that Mitch McConnell was so insistent that the information about Russian hacking shouldn't be shared before the 2016 General Election with the American people?

Why do you think that President Trump and the GOP Congress have not worked to make the upcoming midterms more secure?

These are simple and direct questions.  Please don't give in to the temptation of answering with links to irrelevant youtube vids.  I am honestly interested in your opinions.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:32:14 PM by MooseMom » Logged

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #435 on: July 13, 2018, 01:39:46 PM »

I dont think any one can deny Trumps intelligence. As I see it, he is trying to make Russia a friendly country rather than  an enemy. It is certainly harder than it looks.

One day at a time, thats all I can do.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #436 on: July 13, 2018, 01:57:41 PM »

Ill deny it personally I think he’s a high grade moron.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #437 on: July 13, 2018, 01:59:32 PM »

As o Clinton speaking fees, Regan, Bush,Bush 2 have all collected large speaking fees how Clinton is the only you call crooked.
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #438 on: July 13, 2018, 09:01:40 PM »

Michael, I understand that you cant stand Trump and with your explanation of why, that is understandable. However, I was talking about his intelligence level and nothing else.

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #439 on: July 14, 2018, 02:27:31 AM »

MM  I'm not sure what Russian Operatives did but I don't believe it had ANY affects on the 2016 Election.  I know nothing I read on Facebook changed my mind.  If anything, the stunt Comey pulled at the end may have pushed some people towards Trump.

I would think Putin would WANT Old Hilary to win.  They already had deals going.

As can be seen above Obama said Russia has never messed with us before and they won't in the future.  We keep indicting Russians.....  Now what.  Do we go get them?  Do they come turn themselves in?   :waiting;

Both Bushes give speeches....for money... but not while Barbara or Laura are SECRETARY of STATE. 

Bill Peckham
Elite Member

« Reply #440 on: July 16, 2018, 01:07:31 PM »

What's the explanation for Trump's press conference if you support the president? Could someone with an awareness of their guilt Act any more guilty?

Short of trump just plainly stating that Russia has him by the balls and he has to do pretty much anything he can keep them happy, I don't know how Trump can convey with more clarity that he is guilty
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 01:11:23 PM by Bill Peckham » Logged

http://www.billpeckham.com  "Dialysis from the sharp end of the needle" tracking  industry news and trends - in advocacy, reimbursement, politics and the provision of dialysis
Incenter Hemodialysis: 1990 - 2001
Home Hemodialysis: 2001 - Present
NxStage System One Cycler 2007 - Present
        * 4 to 6 days a week 30 Liters (using PureFlow) @ ~250 Qb ~ 8 hour per treatment FF~28
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #441 on: July 16, 2018, 01:20:15 PM »

Rerun, Trump's performance today in Helsinki should answer your questions.

Putin was specifically asked if he has compromising information on Trump, and he didn't deny it.

Trump has thrown the entire US intelligence community, and our security, under the bus.

Even on Fox News, Trump is being skewered. 

Today will live in infamy.

#sad#Helsinki#treachery

kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #442 on: July 16, 2018, 02:08:03 PM »

tRump is both totally corrupt and seriously delusional. And he is selling the USA down the river.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Jean
Member for Life

« Reply #443 on: July 16, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »

Seriously now, I sat thru the whole thing and got literally nothing. With the two men speaking and the interpreter interpreting, I could not hear anything clearly.Neither could my Husband. But all of you Trump haters did. I think that is amazing. But, also a bummer. I believe if you have not heard the facts, then you can't assume things. What do the rest of you think??

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #444 on: July 16, 2018, 05:57:16 PM »

Today’s Putin Trump disgraceful show proves trump is a quisling,  comrade trump is a Russian agent.  He even had to wait for Putin show up.   He clearly is Putin’s butt boy.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #445 on: July 16, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »

Seriously now, I sat thru the whole thing and got literally nothing. With the two men speaking and the interpreter interpreting, I could not hear anything clearly.Neither could my Husband. But all of you Trump haters did. I think that is amazing. But, also a bummer. I believe if you have not heard the facts, then you can't assume things. What do the rest of you think??

If anyone watching in real time didn't hear clearly (which is entirely understandable given the interpreter speaking over Trump and Putin), there are transcripts of the press conference online.

http://time.com/5339848/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-summit-transcript

Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #446 on: July 17, 2018, 06:20:18 AM »

My questions are Trump's questions.  If this was happening in 2016 why wasn't oBaMa on it?  Could be he thought Hillary would win so why bring it up.  Then Trump won and ....

Where are the DNC servers?  Legitimate Question.   FBI went to DNC asked for the servers and DNC said "no" so FBI left.  Why didn't they breakdown the door and take the servers?  Why?

Why would Trump trust our TOP FBI agents when they hate him, love Hillary, covered for Hillary's email tamperings.

I agree getting along with Russia is a good thing.  I thought giving Cuba a chance was a good thing until they blasted the ears of our dignitaries. 

Indictments are "Allegations"   We don't like the word Allegations when I use it.  These 12 Russians "allegedly" hacked the DNC.   

If Trump is guilty for colluding with the Russians then arrest him.  Do it already! 

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #447 on: July 17, 2018, 07:25:33 AM »

Strangely you can’t arrest trump until the house impeach him and the senate convicts him.  This is why Ford pardoned Nixon to avoid having a  ex president in jail.   The sad fact it is becoming apparent that the same tactics used in 2016 against the US also were use against England during brexit vote.  Additionally there was a enormous push in France prior to the last election.   It failed because it was started a few days before the election and France bans any press coverage 3 days prior to the elections. Finally any attempt to remove trump without absolute proof would be a bad thing to our system of democracy.  While I clearly think he and his entire family conspired with Russia to fix the election thinking is not proof.  Mueller is doing a painstaking investigation but even the Nixon fiasco took several years to unwind.
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #448 on: July 17, 2018, 08:29:51 AM »

An indictment is so much more than a mere allegation.  A grand jury reviews evidence presented by the prosecution, and if they think there is enough credible evidence to secure a conviction, then there is an indictment.

As for the rest of Rerun's points, I addressed them in a separate post.

BTW, if Trump is not convicted/impeached, that does not mean that his family is not in peril.  It is entirely possible that he is playing along with Russia in order to keep his kids out of harm's way.  Perhaps they are the ones who are in trouble with the Russians.

Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #449 on: July 17, 2018, 09:05:29 AM »

The unknown factor is the state of New York,  there is a state investigation covering trump foundation, tax fraud, and possibly money laundering.  I think trump feels he can pardon his way out of this if Mueller gets too close.  The Presidunce has no power to pardon state crimes.  However any evidence Mueller uncovers could be used by the state.  This is a slow process involving careful investigation and finding evidence to back up witness testimony.  Maybe Putin will allow trump to move to Russia since he seems to be in love with there system.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »